Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 105

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 571567 times)

Azrathud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1050 on: June 02, 2013, 12:54:34 pm »

Hey, just so you know, the shell script has DOS (\r\n) line endings(used by default on Windows) instead of Unix line endings (\n). (used by default on Linux) So if anyone on Linux needs wants to execute the script, they need to convert line endings, which my shell reading the shebang doesn't like( "bad interpreter: /bin/sh^M"), and leaves the shell unable to read the script ( "parse error near `\n'" or "syntax error: unexpected end of fine"). In vim, you can type
Code: [Select]
:set ff=unix and then save. OP might consider converting the line endings for soundSense.sh in Windows by using these command-line programs

silverfur11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 10, 2013, 09:46:01 am »

Does anyone else have the problem of SoundSense using up an ungodly amount of your CPU? After a while of running SoundSense my CPU usage skyrockets to 100%. Then when I close SoundSense it returns to normal levels of usage. I have a AMD FX 4100 Quad Core Processor at 3.6 GHz and it is not over-clocked, and all the cores are un-parked (I don't know if it matters but I 8GB of RAM and my Operating System is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) Sorry if this has already been addressed, I did not look though all the pages on this topic.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:47:52 am by silverfur11 »
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.9.4 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Download @ DFFD ::: WIN ::: MAC ::: LINUX

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1052 on: June 14, 2013, 07:57:03 am »

This seems like pretty amazing dragon attack music:

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/bash-the-dragon

Dunno about license thou, but would love to inlude it in official pack.

Does anyone else have the problem of SoundSense using up an ungodly amount of your CPU? After a while of running SoundSense my CPU usage skyrockets to 100%. Then when I close SoundSense it returns to normal levels of usage. I have a AMD FX 4100 Quad Core Processor at 3.6 GHz and it is not over-clocked, and all the cores are un-parked (I don't know if it matters but I 8GB of RAM and my Operating System is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) Sorry if this has already been addressed, I did not look though all the pages on this topic.

Never noticed it myself, but will check that out.

http://shot.qip.ru/00b0A8-4VVx8eugQ/
im have problem

What problem be?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 14, 2013, 11:51:09 pm »

Haha I'm surprised that was released on soundcloud.  It's the theme song for the GW2 Dragonbash festival that's going on right now in the game.   Think fireworks and dragon shaped pinatas. :)

Unless soundcloud has some rule that everything put on it is free to use it's definitely copyrighted though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:55:00 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 24, 2013, 10:40:27 pm »

Quote from: Skin36 on June 01, 2013, 02:45:48 pm
im have problem

What problem be?

Some audio files are not updated, these files in the screenshot.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:43:40 pm by Skin36 »

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pm:full_graphics
« Reply #1055 on: June 26, 2013, 01:34:41 pm »

The ansiFormat and defaultAnsiFormat xml attributes. What were they intended for? The current code doesn't seem to use them.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1056 on: June 27, 2013, 04:30:45 am »

im have problem

What problem be?

From list, they seemed to download just fine, no errors. Try just downloading soundpack zip and using that

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1057 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:22 am »

The ansiFormat and defaultAnsiFormat xml attributes. What were they intended for? The current code doesn't seem to use them.

They are there to color log lines in console.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1058 on: June 27, 2013, 04:51:22 am »

I think it would make sense to move this thread to the "3rd party applications and ulities" board. :)

The author of it has to move it, the button is at the lower left. Dont know how much you have been following the discussion about forum redecoration ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1059 on: June 27, 2013, 05:53:47 am »

I think it would make sense to move this thread to the "3rd party applications and ulities" board. :)

The author of it has to move it, the button is at the lower left. Dont know how much you have been following the discussion about forum redecoration ;)

I wasn't at all, thanks for telling me :-)

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 27, 2013, 01:02:01 pm »

im have problem

What problem be?

From list, they seemed to download just fine, no errors. Try just downloading soundpack zip and using that

I click update, SS shows an update, but these files are not downloaded. And so over and over again. Although there are no errors.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:06:02 pm by Skin36 »

lxnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pm:full_graphics
« Reply #1061 on: June 27, 2013, 05:16:30 pm »

Aw, I'm sorry.

I have somehow overlooked output/sound/SoundProcesor.java:64, and now it all makes sense.

Besides, I've written a python-lxml-based convertor for the SoundSense-format packs, which catches some inconsistensies and thus can be useful while editing the xml.

For example, with current soundpack it gives:
lxnt@bigbox:~/00DFGL/rendumper/misc$ ./flatten-soundsense.py   ../../SoundSense/packs/
../../SoundSense/packs/default/sample.xml:46: warning: bogus loop setting of 'true', ignoring
../../SoundSense/packs/adventurer/enviroment.xml:9: warning: sound for channel 'weather' without loop and no soundfiles, ignoring.

and with verbose option:

lxnt@bigbox:~/00DFGL/rendumper/misc$ ./flatten-soundsense.py -v  ../../SoundSense/packs/
../../SoundSense/packs/moods/moods.xml:4: warning: sound with no channel and no soundfiles
../../SoundSense/packs/moods/moods.xml:73: warning: sound with no channel and no soundfiles
../../SoundSense/packs/battle/status.xml:4: warning: sound with no channel and no soundfiles

... etc, there's a load of them

Currently it will catch bad-formed xml, wrong paths, typoes in some attribute names. With time coverage should extend.

I hope it can be useful for (semi-automated) checking up after editing the xml. Just ignore the statistics it prints and the file it generates.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 27, 2013, 11:22:13 pm »

Just a little bug, but under the achievement "noteworthy" the description reads "Craft Atifact" instead of "Artifact" (the first r is missing)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #1063 on: June 28, 2013, 02:48:30 am »

Aw, I'm sorry.

I have somehow overlooked output/sound/SoundProcesor.java:64, and now it all makes sense.

Besides, I've written a python-lxml-based convertor for the SoundSense-format packs, which catches some inconsistensies and thus can be useful while editing the xml.

For example, with current soundpack it gives:
lxnt@bigbox:~/00DFGL/rendumper/misc$ ./flatten-soundsense.py   ../../SoundSense/packs/
../../SoundSense/packs/default/sample.xml:46: warning: bogus loop setting of 'true', ignoring
../../SoundSense/packs/adventurer/enviroment.xml:9: warning: sound for channel 'weather' without loop and no soundfiles, ignoring.

and with verbose option:

lxnt@bigbox:~/00DFGL/rendumper/misc$ ./flatten-soundsense.py -v  ../../SoundSense/packs/
../../SoundSense/packs/moods/moods.xml:4: warning: sound with no channel and no soundfiles
../../SoundSense/packs/moods/moods.xml:73: warning: sound with no channel and no soundfiles
../../SoundSense/packs/battle/status.xml:4: warning: sound with no channel and no soundfiles

... etc, there's a load of them

Currently it will catch bad-formed xml, wrong paths, typoes in some attribute names. With time coverage should extend.

I hope it can be useful for (semi-automated) checking up after editing the xml. Just ignore the statistics it prints and the file it generates.

Actually, sounds with no channel and no soundfiles are valid - they are placeholder for known log entries that do not have sound assigned. It is used in Missing messages tool which parses game logs and looks for unknown lines.

loop=true is synonym for loop=start, but i guess it could be deprecated.

Usually, SS itself does parsing/validation neccesary for it to work itself, but if you find inconsistencies do speak up again :-)

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 05, 2013, 11:15:18 am »

As a faithful Soundsense user I've noticed some seasonal tracks that were added a couple years ago have been removed in the more recent versions. Why were they removed and is there any way to get them back?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 105