Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 105

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 571601 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #705 on: April 01, 2012, 11:56:09 am »

With new java version, soundsense does run. Unfortunately, it does nothing. No error messages, but no sound either. The vanilla music still plays.
I have downloaded the soundpack and placed it into the folder. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:00:55 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

xandalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 01, 2012, 11:58:15 am »

So I'm wondering, is there anywhere (or anyone) who has one of the older soundpack versions? Specifically some of the older music. I like current pack alright, but I really miss some of the older seasonal tracks, and I'd really like to get a hold of them again. I had to wipe my drive a while back, and my older install/version of everything was among the casualties of said wipe.
I think they were removed under the premises that they were all copyrighted. So getting a hand on them again might be difficult.

http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack_.zip

You might or might not have found it accidentally :-)
...or not... :P

Anyway, I would be regretfull if some anonymous person uploaded it to filesharing service and posted link here ;-)
*is now in DF Bliss...* To me, that pack was the perfect mix for this game, from the moment I heard it. Thanks guys. :)

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 01, 2012, 04:50:52 pm »

Tested the latest version. Seems to work fine. Colored output works as well. No crashes, no noticed bugs.

Skasi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25:35 am »

Sounds stutter at normal priority, so I've got to change priority via task manager, daily. How do I make this start with above normal priority by default? I've been trying around, but can't figure out.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 03, 2012, 12:21:36 pm »

Sounds stutter at normal priority, so I've got to change priority via task manager, daily. How do I make this start with above normal priority by default? I've been trying around, but can't figure out.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Program-Start-at-High-Priority-(Windows)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 03, 2012, 03:24:08 pm »

I downloaded the latest Lazy Newb Pack which has Sound Sense r33 in it and it will not run, it crashes out with the following error:

The previous version I have R32 still works fine.

I've updated Java since I last played, am pretty sure I have both 64bit and 32bit versions of Java installed. The About Java reports Version 6 Update 31 (build 1.6.0_31-b05)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

castun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 03, 2012, 08:23:02 pm »

Anyway, I would be regretfull if some anonymous person uploaded it to filesharing service and posted link here ;-)

Since your host doesn't seem all that reliable, maybe you should consider setting up a bittorrent download for the soundpack & updates or something.  I'd offer to host a mirror but I don't even know of a good file host since megaupload went bye-bye.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 03, 2012, 09:21:52 pm »

Since your host doesn't seem all that reliable, maybe you should consider setting up a bittorrent download for the soundpack & updates or something.  I'd offer to host a mirror but I don't even know of a good file host since megaupload went bye-bye.

Mediafire is great.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 04, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »

If soundsense is working, what should I be hearing? Does the vanilla music play on startup and during gameplay? I'm getting no error messages from Soundsense, but also no music or sounds. Any ideas?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 04, 2012, 10:59:27 pm »

It should be playing music during worldgen and background music when a save is loaded, and if you have stonesense running when you start DF you should hear something sorta like a fancy ding sound.  None of the soundsense music is from vanilla DF unless you modded it in.

Do you have it pointing to the correct gamelog?  I copy and paste my copy of soundsense from folder to folder with new DF versions, and need to point it to the correct gamelog.txt each time.  If I don't I get what you describe.  Maybe check the config file to see if it's looking in the right place?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 04, 2012, 11:17:07 pm »

soundsense folder is directly under my DF folder, with path to gamelog as "../gamelog.txt

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 05, 2012, 09:07:02 pm »

Only other thing I can think of is that maybe you don't have a soundpack?  I haven't downloaded in a while but last I checked the vanilla soundpack was a separate download (it's a larger file than soundsense itself so it's separate if I understand it right)

You have a folder called packs in the soundsense directory with other folders under it containing .xml files and .mp3s?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 05, 2012, 09:09:08 pm »

Only other thing I can think of is that maybe you don't have a soundpack?  I haven't downloaded in a while but last I checked the vanilla soundpack was a separate download (it's a larger file than soundsense itself so it's separate if I understand it right)

You have a folder called packs in the soundsense directory with other folders under it containing .xml files and .mp3s?
Yes. Also, put entire path of gamelog.txt from C:/, testing now.

Skasi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 06, 2012, 12:37:57 pm »

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Program-Start-at-High-Priority-(Windows)
Guess what? It works! I've been following several other HowTos without success. They missed the "filename" part. Thanks!

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 06, 2012, 02:56:35 pm »

Guess what? It works! I've been following several other HowTos without success. They missed the "filename" part. Thanks!
Most welcome!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 105