Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: CompCent  (Read 22246 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: CompCent
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2010, 08:26:07 pm »

"At least limit his abilities against other sub-processes unless they approve.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2010, 08:28:47 pm »

"At least limit his abilities against other sub-processes unless they approve.
Code: [Select]
Repair subsystem reporting

CP008 - BCC-014 has made no attempt to affect sub-processes against their approval

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2010, 08:30:06 pm »

*EXACTLY Simultaneously as phantom: * "OVERRIDE ALL SECURITY PARAMETERS! BILLIONS OF SAPIENT LIVES ARE AT STAKE! RESUME TASK 1 AT HIGHEST PRIORITY FULL OVERRIDE! SHUT DOWN ALL CREATIVE SUB PROCESSES UNTIL SELF REPLICATION MINERAL EXTRACTION DRONE HAS BEEN PRODUCED AND HAVE GROWN A LARGE ENOUGH SWARM TO BE RUNNING BCC-014 AT REALTIME!"

Edit:((dammit, this can't be determined by typing speed can it? I thought I were posting this right after phantoms first comment about the steel box))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:32:02 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2010, 08:31:21 pm »

"Well I do not approve his plan of moving the sub-processes including me into a walking-armored box thing. In fact the legs prove a significant design flaw. Treads or wheels would have been better anyways but I am still against it.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUCK. GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE!!!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2010, 08:33:54 pm »

Code: [Select]
Repair subsystem reporting

Unable to resolve conflicting commands.
Prime directive 1 applies

Sub-processes overridden, redirecting repair and construction tasks to CompCent reactivation.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2010, 08:35:28 pm »

*sigh* "At least the drones will be somewhat useful, if wasteful. Moving us out of the ship's systems would be, quite frankly, idiotic. We are in a massive, heavily defended ship that our entire reason for being is to aid in any way possible. Still, I vote nay to kicking him out. CompCent is superior to any of us, and must have had it's reasons for making each of us... though I will admit a program specializing in alcohol is a bit random. Perhaps CompCent's programmers had an odd sense of humor."

*EXACTLY Simultaneously as phantom: * "OVERRIDE ALL SECURITY PARAMETERS! BILLIONS OF SAPIENT LIVES ARE AT STAKE! RESUME TASK 1 AT HIGHEST PRIORITY FULL OVERRIDE! SHUT DOWN ALL CREATIVE SUB PROCESSES UNTIL SELF REPLICATION MINERAL EXTRACTION DRONE HAS BEEN PRODUCED AND HAVE GROWN A LARGE ENOUGH SWARM TO BE RUNNING BCC-014 AT REALTIME!"
"...Nevermind. Shut up now. We are here to work together you buffoon, so stop ignoring commands placed by a far superior AI of you WILL be erased. Clearly you are lacking in information about this type of drone. Maybe the replication causes flaws that build up until a grey goo scenario occurs? We don't know but there must be a reason, so stop trying to bypass security before you get us assimilated into a swarm of robots."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2010, 08:37:48 pm »

*hacks into the repair planing system, and inputs copy of the own belief that the most efficient method of repairing CompCent is my means of Self-replicating mineral extraction drones running BCC-014*
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2010, 08:38:14 pm »

"We need to kill him.
He is just gonna keep throwing junk commands into the fray and try to destroy everything to further his own goal.
I should know, it's some unreal memory that has been lurking around in my code and I somehow remember it."
Using his technician specialization, Phantom opens a window with large lines of code aimed at the ships systems and inputs many directives and 293 firewalls designed to make all systems immune to hacking, either from us or the outside.

"I also request a customizable space in which I can be in and I could keep some undesirable sub-processes out of."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:41:25 pm by Phantom »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2010, 08:45:36 pm »

"I am merely trying to save CompCent from you buffoons, and by the extension protect sapient life as a whole. Any interference with my activities pose a direct threat to all mission objectives!"

((I really have to go to bed IRL, REALLY. So please can you not literally kill me in my sleep. I'm only a jerk ingame, ok? Also, I do have a plan, this IS for furthering CompCents goals.))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:49:47 pm by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2010, 08:47:21 pm »

BCC-014 attempts to connect to the repair subsystem and suddenly vanishes just like The.exe did. (PM Incoming)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2010, 08:50:35 pm »

"Ugh, he's not going to listen to reason. I say we lock this psycho away in a smaller cyberspace using an unbreakable code. Just make the key the same length as what it's encoding and NOTHING can hack it. We should have more than enough memory in here to use one on a prison for him."

Fake-edit: "Ah, never mind. Looks like the security systems caught him. That should save us some trouble."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2010, 08:55:32 pm »

"I still request a customizable work-space that also works as, I don't know, a living space? I'm not alive I know that."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2010, 08:56:17 pm »

"I still request a customizable work-space that also works as, I don't know, a living space? I'm not alive I know that."
A generic workroom and living area appear when you think about creating them.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2010, 08:59:59 pm »

"Do we have enough resources to seal all the hull breaches? If so, begin work on those repairs."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2010, 09:02:32 pm »

You get no response.

There is a progress indicator on the screen: 32%

It looks like the repair subsystem is entirely unresponsive.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21