Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311101 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #2160 on: November 28, 2012, 10:31:56 pm »

Recently started playing on the Baystation 12 under the most original name ever that is totally not a ploy off my forum name. The most fun I've had as of late has been an "Everything went wrong" situation where a Syndie Bomb squad with Death Squad equipment starting murdering everyone. I was head of Security at the time, and it was a lot of fun.

In fact, I am REALLY enjoying the Baystation12 server in general. Lots of fun stuff happens there, even when nothing is happening.
Encountered a similar situation. Same station (not the old multi-story one, but the more recent one we're playing).

I started off as an assistant, was hired to be a Chief Engineer (with barely any experience in the field, real life, OOC (in-game), and IC especially), BS'ed with the captain for awhile (while being absolutely clueless), and was almost killed by them via lethal injection, post-arrest (apparently); until a security officer (or syndicate member, or something) bailed me out just in the nick of time (thank god for wall comms being left on (mics were still engaged, probably by the new guy that entered, and thank goodness, thought something was amiss, and started to investigate)), only for my dude to get shot in the process. I was almost dead, until I was revived at the very last moment.

Moments after waking up, and taking a moment to 'regain my bearings' IC, I confusedly picked up a silenced gun given to me by the guy who revived me. While in my underwear still, I got the shells first, ran away from gunfire, ran back and got the gun (left behind while dodging a hail of fire), got a lucky shot or two in in a split-second, charged after the "captain" (same dude that was attempting to kill me), shot him a few more times from point-blank, ran out of bullets, and just mauled him with the butt of my gun, chest a few times, then devoted my attention to his face. I wanted to make sure he was dead, or at least in a coma. Aimed for his nuts to add shame to the mix as well (and because it would be fun). I took his clothes (which were already removed by the SecOfficer, to clone him apparently) to keep myself warm after being cold from near-death for a good while, and being in a gunfight in a cold hallway. I then tried to play games on his PDA. Unfortunately, they were not games, but instead alarms. I was bummed out. I also found a couple guns on him and tried to shoot a monkey behind glass, only for the guns to be out of ammo; then found his nuke codes and a personal teleporter my guy IC thought was a personal television (PortableTele sounds and looks like a portable television).

End the round, and add that to another exciting adventure of Roman Howard, of Roger Wilco's™ Custodial Services; endorsed by the Two Guys from Andromeda.

SUMMARY: It was actually pretty fun, and awesome overall. I can't believe I survived, and helped nab the bad guy, who I hung out with for a long time, unassuming of them turning on me. Considering the situation, my RP'ing was almost no different from how I would've handled the situation (Everyday mode at the start, then unusually calm when things were looking bad; annoyed when things went south, and action-fear mode when I was under attack (dodge, find cover, when ready, attack. No way I'll die like a horror/thriller movie.)).

OVERALL (round-independent, IC-details mostly): Actually, don't expect much of Roman's personality to be that much different from mine, how I would be/act in whatever zany/serious/idle situation comes to mind (and a bit IRL, though I'm less vulgar IRL); kinda makes RP'ing a bit more fluid and easier (with my current job, acting like a janitor is much easier to RP right now.). Yes, even when I'm at risk of getting killed, my response will likely be along the lines of "Well, crap.". And I'll probably be annoying to break tension or to annoy the bad guy before my inevitable death. I mean, death doesn't bother me; however, I do have standards as to how I'll die. I want to at least have fun with my eventual death.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:02:31 pm by Itnetlolor »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 28, 2012, 10:39:58 pm »

That great moment when you realize you forgot to stop the bomb timer after your demands were met.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2162 on: November 28, 2012, 10:40:46 pm »

Got back into this game.

Just as I remembered, including the lag.

Though I must admit I played on gibbed, reason being I've never been into RP.

And that the fact you must pretend you don't know how to do other jobs and that you will be banned for committing suicide for no reason really bothers me.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2163 on: November 28, 2012, 11:08:52 pm »

Got back into this game.

Just as I remembered, including the lag.

Though I must admit I played on gibbed, reason being I've never been into RP.

And that the fact you must pretend you don't know how to do other jobs and that you will be banned for committing suicide for no reason really bothers me.

The reason is... well, in real life you don't magically know how to perform brain surgery while operating a singularity core, and then after getting bored just decide to end your own. The server is, after all, about RP. Things like that tend to take away from RP.
Yeah. I think RP limits can only be extremely loose when it's sandbox mode. Especially full-sandbox mode.

CAUTION: Another R. Howard story
Last sandbox mode I played was in Red Dwarf (always played engineer to learn the ropes of it; very little experience. Mostly messed around with doors and wires. Plenty of shocking occurred to oneself.), and when another horror movie situation rolled along, I decided to eat and drink like a giant sponge, and expanded just like one. In an attempt to fix my weight problem, the other guy I was hanging out with decided to feed me some KO-pills, only to not tell me the proper dosage. Being the fat bastard my guy became (same guy, Roman Howard), he shotgunned the bottles of KO-pills, and passed out halfway through the 3rd bottle.

Did I forget to mention that a single pill in those containers was powerful enough to knock out a rhino? I was told this just as late through OOC after over 40 attempts to wake up over the course of 10 minutes. Thought it was lag, but no lag was there. I only moved one step every 10 attempts. And I think there were 8 pills per-bottle (or was it 4? Maybe 6?). Yeah. Whatever the case, I was not waking up... Ever (the rest kicked in later). So I lost weight another way. By cloning? Nope, bad coding prevented the cloner to work, so the next best thing came along: a robot body to take place of my old one (just as heavy as my old body; but I was briefly several ounces light for a few moments). After getting my new metal body, I went back to the bar to drink to my circuit's content. Server died not too long after.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:27:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #2164 on: November 29, 2012, 09:54:36 am »

Just for anyone who is interested in the remake (http://spacestation13.com/)

I remembered this today and checked out the forums (I had previously thought it was dead/dying) and it turns out there has been quite a lot of development, and it's almost ready for alpha it seems:

http://forum.spacestation13.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=298
Looks very cool!

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 29, 2012, 10:51:03 am »

Mmm. So, in a completely justified suicide in a far off station, what with almost everyone else dead... I attempted to bash my own brains out with an axe. Now one would think that this would work pretty quickly....

HACK! HACK! CHOP! CUT!... How many times did I have to hit myself in the head to finally die of a lack of oxygen? No fewer than fourteen times.

What I want to know is HOW I managed to keep swinging the thing.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 29, 2012, 11:35:34 am »

The human body is not designed to hit itself. Takes a while to get a solid hit.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 29, 2012, 12:14:20 pm »

So, tried my first Gibbed round. Died because I downed too much drugs and acid.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 29, 2012, 02:54:44 pm »

Just for anyone who is interested in the remake (http://spacestation13.com/)

I remembered this today and checked out the forums (I had previously thought it was dead/dying) and it turns out there has been quite a lot of development, and it's almost ready for alpha it seems:

http://forum.spacestation13.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=298
Looks very cool!
I hope we get alpha soon. It looks so... not-BYOND.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 29, 2012, 02:56:10 pm »

Beyond BYOND?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 29, 2012, 03:23:51 pm »

If I had to give one major critique to the remakes website it would be that they specifically created a wall of shame there JUST to laugh at people.

:P

By the by it isn't exactly entirely a joke. They don't put your suggestion there if they say "No" they only put it in the wall of shame if they are saying "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

In otherwords the Spacestation13 remake is already doomed systematically :P

---

Also do Scientists even do their job?

I checked around and so far the answer is actually no... Not on any server. There are some where they invent but that is certainly not their job.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 03:25:58 pm by Neonivek »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 29, 2012, 05:30:53 pm »

What is your idea of a scientist's 'job', then? Scientists make bombs, invent things, and tend to xenobio.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2172 on: November 29, 2012, 05:50:23 pm »

Scientist job on gibbed: Set toxins on fire Make bombs, Suffocate in space Manipulate existence to go from Point A to Point B in 'style', Create space lube-napalm smoke Create helpful medications to keep the station alive, and Research WMDs Find out your 'WMD' accelerates plant growth 40 min in the game.

Scientist in a nutshell.

Also, the only non-traitor permitted use for bombs on gibbed is destroying roving singularities. Using them to fight traitors/wizards/lings is severely frowned upon and often faces discipline.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 29, 2012, 05:53:14 pm »

I usually play roboticist. Once though, I was attacked by a random person, wearing techpriest ropes, and holding a Gyrojet pistol. She locked me in a locker, but somehow I got out. Just in time for a snakeman Attack, and wormholes. Several jumps later, I found a snakeman, and proceeded to use the saw on him before he finally ate me.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 29, 2012, 05:57:32 pm »

I've found that I'm usually cyborg now. Which is awesome. I rather like being a little construction drone.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 166