Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311318 times)

Spaceman96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1800 on: January 04, 2012, 09:16:49 am »

It's not that extended is fun if you like RP, it's that the exciting rp typical of ss13 arises as a result of there being an antagonist. Without any kind of antagonist, the RP is very weak, and without conflict there's little story.

Not entirely true(to me), most people come up with a backstory/personality, so simple conversation can be very entertaining(again to me) alone, not even counting the other situations that you can do that don't have any gameplay mechanic to represent it(neural implants).

In fact, I kind of prefer if there is no antagonist, of the round that is. I'd much rather have some angry mean person to be antagonized by, than a nuke agent/changeling/cult. Because they will not outright end RP in the blink of an eye, whereas proper antagonists are geared to do just that, usually they are better but I have seen some rounds end very quickly because a nuke agent wanted to win more than RP.

This is all just my opinion of course, and is based off of BS12.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: January 04, 2012, 10:14:07 am »

I find that the Admin (DM) makes a far better antagonist then a player...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1802 on: January 04, 2012, 12:29:42 pm »

I wonder if we'll be having a fun nonsense server again like the Red Dwarf station? Plus, if anyone has the map file for it, I hope you don't mind me taking a look through it for inspiration and so forth in the map builder. I feel like building my own space station/ship, whether for solo play (like sport spacefaring) or to use as a brief nonsense server (I don't think it would be live too often; only as long as I'm online). The map I have, as well as my memory, as image reference may not be enough.

What I miss about Red Dwarf was just how casually it was played, and just how much randomness occurred, and how a few minor bugs, like faulty cloning machines, really limited power at times, and such, added to unintentional drama throughout the station. It made death somewhat inconvenient, especially when you can't be scanned and cloned/modified, but allowed for a good bit of intensity when salvaging someone by putting them in a cyborg or AI unit.

EDIT:
If I can figure out how Baystation-12 did their stairway routine. I'd like to try to remake the Bloodfist in SS13 style. But considering this is IN SPAAACE!!!!!, I think the upward turbines would work better as solar panels, and the forward thrust propellers would work better as engines of sorts. The rest of the ship will be interpreted as best as I can with SS13 mechanics.

If anyone wants to help with the spaceship conversion of that craft, feel free to help.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:33:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1803 on: January 04, 2012, 09:43:13 pm »

Need i say more?

Made the ED-209's myself (that's me with the labcoat, just below the vent), the others worked on the door and girders.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: January 05, 2012, 06:46:52 pm »

So there is no more server anymore ?T_T

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1805 on: January 05, 2012, 07:21:53 pm »

So there is no more server anymore ?T_T

Still is.  byond://baystation12.net:8000 .

KG

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: January 05, 2012, 07:24:31 pm »

Need i say more?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Made the ED-209's myself (that's me with the labcoat, just below the vent), the others worked on the door and girders.

remember this, my character had a hundred caffeine crashes and got over a thousand toxin level that round. i was in between life and death and could to talk to people while dead. fun times.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: January 26, 2012, 08:59:42 am »

Hey guys, I'm not sure if many people even read this topic, but a little public announcment.

A while ago, we at BS12 moved from whoopshop.com to http://baystation12.net/, so that our domain was you know, actually relevant to what we are. You can find our server at byond://baystation12.net:8000 , as posted above, and the IRC is at the same place.

Feel free to pop in and such like, but I realised a few people aren't aware of the domain change yet, so here you go.

Cheers.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 26, 2012, 09:53:42 am »

The new goonstation map feels so disorienting, I'm so accustomed to the donut station.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: January 26, 2012, 12:58:45 pm »

I've made labels for the new goonstation map:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enjoy.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: January 26, 2012, 02:55:09 pm »

Here's a more detailed version. I plan to make a Flash interactive map with toggle-able overlays this weekend, stay tuned.

Click on the image for a larger version.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:05:19 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: January 26, 2012, 03:06:30 pm »

Wow I haven't played in a bit the new goonstation map looks awesome, I'm glad they put the research area back on the main thing, may horrible things now forever kill everything, though I'm a little confused. Toxins looks like the plasma research station, or did they just change the shit out of CDC.

EDIT: and did they get rid of atmospherics again?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:08:35 pm by Vherid »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: January 26, 2012, 03:08:31 pm »

"Toxins" is the name for the plasma research (bomb making), what's wrong with that?

If you mean disease research, that was called Pathology and it's not added yet (if it will ever be).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: January 26, 2012, 03:09:00 pm »

Toxins is plasma, what's wrong with that?

If you mean disease research, that was called Pathology and it's not added yet (if it will ever be).

NO PATHOLOGY??!?! WHAT?!@! That was my favorite part.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: January 26, 2012, 03:11:09 pm »

If you haven't noticed (you probably haven't) they somehow broke it (or intentionally) even back on doughnut station. I can't wait to get it back too (although without so much useless space which Doughnut had, and without big circular corridors... yeah, the diseases will be deadly).

Also I've already contracted some diseases, like space madness, but those could be random events.

I like the placement of the kitchen, the cafe is small but most people move near it and they always eat what you cook. Also hydroponics are just beautiful.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 166