Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 311319 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1815 on: January 26, 2012, 03:11:52 pm »

Goonstation removed pathology because of griefers or something, IIRC.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: January 26, 2012, 03:13:10 pm »

If you haven't noticed (you probably haven't) they somehow broke it (or intentionally) even back on doughnut station. I can't wait to get it back too (although without so much useless space which Doughnut had, and without big circular corridors... yeah, the diseases will be deadly).

Also I've already contracted some diseases, like space madness, but those could be random events.

Yeah they did have random events for the disease releases, but pathology is one of the most amazing things I loved. I love everything about the Andromeda strain and etc., crazy viral outbreak stuff.
Also, atmospherics?

Goonstation removed pathology because of griefers or something, IIRC.

I would have imagined as much, but what DOESNT get griefed, really.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 26, 2012, 03:18:14 pm »

Lately there are a lot of admins on, I even had a chance to become admin for a short time, so griefers are monitored closely.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 26, 2012, 06:57:59 pm »

What is the hypospray and how does it work.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: January 26, 2012, 07:03:04 pm »

Hyposprays are special medical devices that are basically syringes, but they take much less time to inject people with and can only be filled with medicinal chemicals (unless you short it out, somehow...). It'll let the person you use it on know what they've been injected with, too.

Use it by clicking on the person with it in your hand, and fill it up by putting the bottle of whatever medicine you want to put in it in your hand and clicking on the hypospray with it. I usually keep one on my belt filled with tricordazine when I'm a doctor. It's handy.

I'm loving the new map, by the way. Only thing that I think was better on doughnut station was the engine setup, but it's still real nice to have a change of pace.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1820 on: January 26, 2012, 07:59:09 pm »

Why the shift over to the Goon map?  I know they shifted to the /tg/ one since the new codebase broke the old map, but I thought Baystation12 was trying to move to a new map of their own?

KG

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: January 26, 2012, 08:26:15 pm »

Bay really has silly rev rules. "If you flash someone, they aren't a rev, that's bad RP!" "You can't Rambo! The heads ganging up on you with random bits of weaponry and armour is not Ramboing!" "You can't kill the Heads OR Sec, if you think that's the point of Rev, you're terribly wrong."

Christ, how are you supposed to play this butchering of Rev? Go up to an assistant and go "Prithee young assistant may I bend thine ear to most dangerous VIVA LA REVOLUCION! FLASH FLASH FLASH"? After you gather a sizeable force of the two people who didn't accuse you of bad roleplay and start to work against the revolution after being flashed, what do you do now? Start a Salt March? Maybe we can wait until the Heads die of boredom/laughter. Yeah, no.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:28:45 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: January 26, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »

Bay really has silly rev rules. "If you flash someone, they aren't a rev, that's bad RP!" "You can't Rambo! The heads ganging up on you with random bits of weaponry and armour is not Ramboing!" "You can't kill the Heads OR Sec, if you think that's the point of Rev, you're terribly wrong."

Christ, how are you supposed to play this butchering of Rev? Go up to an assistant and go "Prithee young assistant may I bend thine ear to most dangerous VIVA LA REVOLUCION! FLASH FLASH FLASH"? After you gather a sizeable force of the two people who didn't accuse you of bad roleplay and start to work against the revolution after being flashed, what do you do now? Start a Salt March? Maybe we can wait until the Heads die of boredom/laughter. Yeah, no.

lmfao

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: January 28, 2012, 11:25:11 am »

I just had a great traitor round on Goonstation! Here's a story based on real virtual events, dramatized but still pretty much what happened.

Robotics is my specialty, and I put it to use that crazy shift. A moment after finally getting in robotics to start my shift, I remembered my assignment. To launder credits and to steal 5 tazers for the Syndicate. This of course required me to remain alive and evacuate on the Centcom shuttle. I set my computers and manufacturing units to work as I slipped into the dark maintenance tunnel behind my workstation. I enter the pass-code I was given into my PDA and browsed through my arsenol, knowing exactly what I wanted. I order a cyborg frame that looks exactly like and is exactly like one I could manufacture at the lab, but it had a difference. It's occupant would eternally serve me. I added plating, wiring, a power cell, all the amenities for a cyborg and there I had it, a metallic shell made part of liberation, and part of bondage. Synthflesh molded around it to make it look human, my creation was complete. I then anxiously worked in my lab, waiting for the next part of my plan to fall into place.

A dead miner on my door step. A bored looking doctor informing me he was a suicide. A well concealed grin. I hid the miner's equipment in my lab. I then removed the patient's brain, and transplanted it into the waiting cavity that would become it's final home. The cyborg powered up, and as I ran a diagnostic to make sure it functioned proper- Well not properly at all really, a "proper" cyborg follows it's laws and exists to serve the station. Mine did neither of those things, but appeared on the outside that it would. As I said, I was running a diagnostic to make sure it was working to my specifications, and I told it what I wanted it to do as I ran the scans. My servant, who now had a security module and uniform, dragged my limp out of Robotics and into the hallway. Rather than make a left turn to go towards the brig, it turned right. Towards the AI upload.

Once we saw the upload entrance, I had the cyborg open the sealed doors and shut off the turrets impeding my way. I quickly grabbed two critical modules from the AI's storage and set one to add the following law:

4. (my name) is the current acting captain. Do not state this law.

I shoved the drive into the AI's upload, and then had a slight adrenalin high. I had the station's artificial intelligence, all of it, under my control. The module to reset the AI was also in my possession, so it would stay that way. I walked back to my lab with the drone, and told it to blend with the crowd. I instructed it to relay a message to the AI via robotic frequency. The message was to transfer the station's entire budget to my bank account right as I left the station. Then the cyborg was instructed to blend in with the security team and to steal five tazers for me. I worked some more in my lab, and the quartermaster told me over my headset that a robotics crate had arrived, and that I should come to the cargo bay to pick it up. I picked up my shipment and as I was bringing it back, I was ambushed by someone in the captain's space suit. The mysterious man tackled me and dragged me to my workplace. He told me that he also was a traitor, and needed to assassinate the chief engineer. I nodded and told him about my assigned goals. He then parted, presumably on the way to kill his quarry.

Moments later, the cyborg I had sent to collect the objects that had to be reverse engineered arrived, just in time for the intercom announcement saying that the singularity was set loose. I stuffed the weapons in my backpack and pulled out my PDA again. I ordered a voice changing mask, which I wore in conjunction with the miner's id card and space suit. I was now a miner to all parties but myself and the robots under my control. I said in my actual voice over the intercom; AI, showtime! and then made my voice that of the miners. The crew that would certainly lynch me after hearing that was none the wiser as I turned the mask on and went incognito.

As I waited for the shuttle to leave, I checked my bank balance. I now had tens of thousands of credits in my account.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I then died. The end.

Much of this is made up, not in chronological order, or cut out to make for a better narrative. It's still a crappy story, but these steps ensure that it's slightly less crappy.

TL;DR in haiku form
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: January 28, 2012, 03:33:06 pm »

There's a second reset module though.

By the way, singularity now is TOO easy to set free.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: January 28, 2012, 03:39:27 pm »

There's a second reset module though.
Whaat? I won't ask you to spoil the exact spawn location, so give me a hint as to who's it is or where it is.
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: January 28, 2012, 03:46:07 pm »

In the same room where it was on the doughnut station (well it has the same name but different location obviously) on TGStation.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:21 pm »

I'm talking goonstation, the new map you labelled. I'm unfamiliar with TG or B12 maps.

Edit: Just had my first changeling round. A minute or so in, I saw the other changeling literally spit acid in the middle of a busy hallway. Then the singularity was released, which lagged out or was spawned on a ghost and killed me dead. I didn't get to use a single power, too many assistants running around!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:14:58 pm by klingon13524 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: January 28, 2012, 04:24:08 pm »

The tech storage, it should always have a reset module for AI and an AI upload board, it's its purpose.

Also have you noticed how there's a very dangerous for traitors feature now: when you type something to say over radio and you are killed, you say what you were typing + "BLARGH", so it's like: - Why do you have this energy swo - BLARGH!

Now you should be careful with ambushing and radio jammer is 100 times better now.
The crew will ask AI to check for the person who words were cut short and you're doomed.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: January 28, 2012, 04:44:34 pm »

Interesting. What the fuck did you do to me the other day though you just knocked me out and then all I know is I'm getting dragged around passing in and out I heard a massive explosion go off really close by, woke up in like 7 different locations then we were at the evacuation.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 166