Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released  (Read 129435 times)

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.07 Released
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2010, 05:19:12 pm »

k + enter = explosion
on apparently everything, not just barrels and bins

Wait, what?

I use k + enter all the time. Are you talking crashing? If so, I may be waiting for the next version release :/

Yes, crash.  Windows Vista for me.
Hopefully he'll be able to put in a quick and easy fix.

[edit]
And before I even spoke...

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2010, 05:19:34 pm »

It is still predominately yellow in full screen mode for PPC Macs. It makes the game extremtly hard to play, due to hampering the ability to identify anything.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2010, 05:20:19 pm »

I'm going to clean up that look crash...  or rather, I already did, and it'll take 4 hours or something to get everything built again.  So the links will be back up then.

Cool. So, what the heck happened that caused the look crash? That one was pretty wierd.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2010, 05:25:36 pm »

It is still predominately yellow in full screen mode for PPC Macs. It makes the game extremtly hard to play, due to hampering the ability to identify anything.

Can you post a screenshot, please?

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2010, 05:40:50 pm »

All hail Toady the great!
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2010, 06:48:22 pm »

K + ENTER MAKES THE GAME EXPLODE...

Today, do a ninja-update for this ninja-bug!

He has to wake up first since he probably went to bed shortly after he posted. Toady has an odd sleeping schedule.

It isn't odd for developers that work for understanding bosses--- devs will work late working various issues through or as inspiration strikes, and therefore sleep late. Toady seems to be fairly typical in that respect.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2010, 06:53:25 pm »

I'm going to clean up that look crash...  or rather, I already did, and it'll take 4 hours or something to get everything built again.  So the links will be back up then.

That's great news Toady! I use k + enter A LOT. I'll be checking back ALL NIGHT for the fixed version of 31.07 (31.07.1 ? 31.07.A? 31.08?)
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2010, 07:04:28 pm »

Is the earth still overstuffed with minerals? That is for me number 1 bug, number two is disfunctional combat and number three is cold magma. I will start playing new DF after these 3 are fixed, not sooner.Until then im still running on old DF.

Are you playing with temperature turned off?  Or are you referring to there being more magma-safe rocks?  Both of those can be changed on your end.

There aren't many rocks that wouldn't at least soften a bit in contact with basaltic magma (rendering them useless for mechanisms) but rock is such a good insulator that even basalt would be good for walls (not that materials matter for that sort of thing).  I'd say that if there were to be other magma-safe rocks than bauxite, they should be peridotite (what the game's olivine should be named) komatiite (the extrusive equivalent of peridotite) and kiln-fired kaolinite (actually used in the middle ages to make high temperature crucibles, so it's a sure candidate for mechanisms). 
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2010, 07:25:45 pm »

Holy carp, I made it a month without DF!

Time to relapse! :D

VWSpeedRacer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2010, 08:01:38 pm »

Oh boy, an update!

(down for a bit)

VWSpeedRacer has gone berserk!
VWSpeedRacer has organized a party at Download Page

(edit: 9 minutes later!)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:23:21 pm by VWSpeedRacer »
"Yo dorf, I herd you like menacing so I put spikes on yo spikes so you can menace while you menace!"
I think something went wrong with the mac download. All I know is, there's an exe in it, and that just ain't right.
Armok's Sweaty Balls Toady

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.08 Released
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2010, 08:09:36 pm »

DOWNLOAD DWARF FORTRESS 0.31.08

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2010, 08:14:02 pm »

DOWNLOAD DWARF FORTRESS 0.31.08

AYE AYE, Cap'n.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2010, 08:14:22 pm »

I think by "cold magma" he was referring to how, as the folks at Three Panel Soul so elegantly put it, "creatures don't burn properly in magma and just sit there drowning with the fat leaking out of them like a rotisserie chicken" (or something to that effect). Magma is every bit as hot as before (i.e. things that should melt do melt eventually) but the heat transfer is screwed up or something (I think, I'm not sure). It's more weird than anything else IMO -- Anything that falls into magma is still pretty much boned anyways.

There aren't many rocks that wouldn't at least soften a bit in contact with basaltic magma (rendering them useless for mechanisms) but rock is such a good insulator that even basalt would be good for walls (not that materials matter for that sort of thing).  I'd say that if there were to be other magma-safe rocks than bauxite, they should be peridotite (what the game's olivine should be named) komatiite (the extrusive equivalent of peridotite) and kiln-fired kaolinite (actually used in the middle ages to make high temperature crucibles, so it's a sure candidate for mechanisms). 
Actually, Toady updated most stone properties in the 31.01 release to be more accurate (...apparently). For example, kaolinite (as you said) and every single ore of iron except limonite is now magmaproof. At least, I think those are magma-proof.
EDIT: Text formatting fail
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:15:53 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2010, 08:15:06 pm »

Toady! You're ten minutes early!

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2010, 08:37:49 pm »

I love how almost every time I finish a fortress because of too much fun, there's a new version of something to download and have fun/Fun with!  Thanks for the game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37