OH ARMOK YES!
- 7 (23.3%)
I'll have what she's having.
- 17 (56.7%)
Check please!
- 4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Caveravens: Year 3: Fall, 737: Fall to your DOOM  (Read 24622 times)

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
Re: A new succession game (Entry closed)
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 11:21:24 am »

I doubt my computer could use Stonesense, and I already use Mayday. We don't have to use the same graphics pack, we would just switch the save's raw with that person's. Also, DT = Awesomeness.

And Snook, are you genning the world and embark spot and then giving it to me or...?

I'll send you the worldgen info, and leave it up to you. However, pick a 4x4 spot. Any more and it lags, any less and it's cramped.

I usually do 3x3 just for that little FPS boost, but 4x4 will should be fine. I'll have to start on Saturday. My Summer job is taking more time than I thought...

Starting Saturday is fine, makes it easy to remember when your week is up. :p

Alright, we're at Dorf-Day -3. If you wanna be part of embark, get your dorfs in now.

FUzzy, we'll be looking for Untamed Wilds/Haunted type locations. Get in the ground fast, hehe.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:23:40 am by Snook »
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 12:14:22 pm »

Actually, I wanted my dwarf to be on embark, not an immigrant. Would that be fine, instead?

He'd have 3 in mining, 3 in mechanics, and 4 in armor user. That good?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:19:53 pm by Marzen »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 01:09:25 pm »

Okay, if the embark has not yet done, I would like to have my dworf from starting seven to be as follow:

Woodcutter 7, Axedwarf 8, Armor User 8, Shield User 7.

Just give me an axe, and I will do the cutting of trees to the point when military is ready. Of course, I would prefer to be set as Military Commander.

I will probably concentrate on metal industry and military in my turn, depending on what the situation is like when my turn begins.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 04:22:55 pm »

Kipi: I'm assuming all those numbers are the costs as shown on embark? Remember that you can only be proficient as your max level in any one skill on embark. Check the OP for how I labeled the skills and make sure it's correct.

I changed my skills, for my dorf... I'd like to be the recorder of fortress history (at least as long as I'm alive) so I'm shooting to be a legendary engraver (aka graffiti artist.) Might as well bring some broker and clerk skills along too.

BTW, worldgen info (tweaked mostly for best fps):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:08:20 pm by Snook »

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2010, 07:18:41 pm »

Since I don't have work tomorrow, I COULD start today, but then it doesn't start on a Saturday. I'll get the Embark ready regardless, but which would you guys prefer, a Thursday start/end or Saturday?

Edit: Also, I need a name. Ideas?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:30:08 pm by FuzzyDoom »
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2010, 07:41:23 pm »

Name ideas

Angerhammer
Axegrog
Thundermace
Ostlont
Irefist
Lastaxe
Beardmaster
Boltcatcher
Meadheart

Meowth! That's right!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2010, 07:54:22 pm »

Shirtsalt

Devilbook

Deadfish

Soapscum

Also, Saturday.Thursdays suck for me.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2010, 08:38:31 pm »

Saturday is fine, but you could find a decent embark point/world. Also, I'm down for a random name. Where's the fun if we name it? :p

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2010, 09:20:54 pm »

Saturday is fine, but you could find a decent embark point/world. Also, I'm down for a random name. Where's the fun if we name it? :p

I don't want to pick a random name that people don't like. By the way, thanks for the LARGE MAP. IT TOOK ME AN HOUR TO GENERATE, AND HALF-AN-HOUR TO SAVE IT. On the upside, I saw some Purple Jungle in the South-East. Going to check it out in a little bit. I will also put up the first 10 Random names I get. Can you make a poll for them?
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2010, 09:50:06 pm »

Sadly, the only 2 Haunted areas I found have Aquifiers. Since I have no experience with them, I'm looking for an untamed wilds...Be ready for edit(s)!

Edit 1: Okay, found a nice, Mountainous Untamed Wilds spot. Haven't looked at ANYTHING else. Here are the names: Mansionsearches, Gildpaints, Caveravens, Mountainweak, Slipsmiths, Calmgates, Paperangel, Postriddle, Roofplanned, and Birdstrade. If I had to choose, I'd pick Paperangel. So if you could make that poll, I'll pick the name on Saturday based on the votes.

Edit 2: Also, I need 1 more Dorf. Doctor Evil shall be a starting Dorf, not a migrant. (As he requested.) I have decided my profession: I shall be...Urist McFuzzy, lvl 5 Mason.

Edit 3: We need a Carpenter for beds...also, Scarse trees.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:26:48 pm by FuzzyDoom »

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 10:26:31 pm »

129x129 is only a medium map... If what you find isn't up to snuff, I guess I can gen a world for you in about 10 minutes. :p I kinda like Caveravens... I know it should be cave-ravens but I just like saying it as one word: Cav-er-av-ens. Poll up.

So for starting dorfs we have:

Name: Urist McSnook
Title: Boss/Graffiti Artist

Name: Urist McHammerdwarf
Title: Epic Hammerer

Name: Marzen
Profession: Miner

Name: Kipi
Profession: Axedwarf

Name: Doctor Z
Profession: Doctor

Name: Urist McFuzzy
Profession: Miner

6 so far, we need another victimbrave soul!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:32:47 pm by Snook »

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 10:28:28 pm »

It's fine. Shouldn't have taken so long for history though...oh well. And I updated my last post again btw.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010, 10:34:56 pm »

We've got a pretty militant embark group. I'm feeling confident about this. Well, about surviving any Yetis or such on embark.

If there's few trees, stock up on wood at embark. We can buy an anvil from the first caravan, if we make sure to bang out a dozen rock crafts or so. Bring like 100+ wood on embark. Skip buying an axe for woodcutting. Maybe we should bring a couple cats to set up a meat factory? Also, make sure to bring extra booze; farming is tricky to set up quick.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:09:54 pm by Snook »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2010, 11:47:26 pm »

I prefer one cat and 2 breeding pairs of dogs. Cat to hunt vermin, and dogs to make baby war puppies. Make use of the living meat. Also, LMAO at the Urist triplets. But don't anvils cost 1000*?  That's more than a dozen crafts. Better to bring loads of sand and hope for some giant cave spider silk bags.
EDIT: Never mind about the anvils. I'm thinking in 40d terms.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:49:13 pm by breadbocks »
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2010, 12:01:28 pm »

Okay, Kipi, do you want to change your profession (preferably to Mason)? Woodcutting isn't going to be really useful. We're going to be real dorfs and work with stone!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:04:57 pm by FuzzyDoom »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24