Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3189 3190 [3191] 3192 3193 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691987 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Higher Rage-u-maction Edition
« Reply #47850 on: December 21, 2014, 05:40:49 am »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! Gosh darn it! Damn it!!!!!!! Last nigth while backing up from my in laws garage I crashed my car against one of the front house. The damage itself was not much. The swift has a sunken but still whole functional copilot door, as for my ford ka little bandit, his bumper is a little broken but can be fixed since the crack its less than an inch.

The front neighbor is a really nice woman and the car turned out to be of her sister. The sister and the husband of the neighbor were drinking with a bunch of people and a little drunk and obvously pissed off. But calmed down when I told them not to worry, that I'll pay for the fix. The owner of the car was weary because a lot of workshops are closed by this time of the year. Told them that my fiancee unlce has a garage and he is a pro, plus hes just across the street. I hope he is avaiable this week, have to call him in a few hours.

What I fucking hate is the fact its the second time someting like this happens because I cant find the darn spare parts to fix the back ligths. Also the shame and fucking guilt fellings. I calculate/hope the fix is something quick and cheap, that still means about a week or two of my payment, so neither I or my fiancee are very happy about it.

Also no fucking related but still ball busting, I have to work today, and tomorrow, and the 23 as I did yesterday and the whole past week. Why? Basically because fuck it. Or to elaborate, im the only IT guy at work and if they work I have to. I was kind of happy because between yesterday and today im neting about a week of salary but that stupid mistake of last night already took it away.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:45:05 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Higher Rage-u-maction Edition
« Reply #47851 on: December 21, 2014, 11:47:36 am »

Car crap sucks. Good luck with that. At least it wasn't so much d ammage you needed to get insurance involved. There's nothing more stressful.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47852 on: December 21, 2014, 12:14:28 pm »

Paypal has decided that since I donot have a credit report (Due to a policy of paying in cash/not having the chance to do otherwise) that $50 prepaid reloadable credit card thing I bought is useless. Wee, there went over half my earnings for the month... I mean, if it was for bad credit, I could see that, but for unknown?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47853 on: December 21, 2014, 12:15:52 pm »

Missed the deadline for signing up for exams. Now I'll have to go there first thing in the morning and growel...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #47854 on: December 21, 2014, 05:25:26 pm »

Hoooooo boy.

I don't remember when was the last time a frekin computer game pissed me off so much I wanted to punch my monitor. I swear, Civ III's combat rng is build around shafting the human player. I won't believe otherwise unless I see the background dice rolls before my very eyes. F this game, mang.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47855 on: December 21, 2014, 05:26:57 pm »

What, you've never heard of the "Spearman beats Tank" meme before?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47856 on: December 21, 2014, 05:34:01 pm »

Hoooooo boy.

I don't remember when was the last time a frekin computer game pissed me off so much I wanted to punch my monitor. I swear, Civ III's combat rng is build around shafting the human player. I won't believe otherwise unless I see the background dice rolls before my very eyes. F this game, mang.
Savescuuum~~~
Also don't play the Ottomans - they're clumsy somehow.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47857 on: December 21, 2014, 05:38:48 pm »

What, you've never heard of the "Spearman beats Tank" meme before?
I was vaguely familiar with something like that, but i never thought I could be THAT bad... TBH there isn't even any/much technological gap in the cases that piss me off, but the rng is still obvious enough to make me wonder if I wouldn't be better off with just zerging opponents with tons of 1/1/1 cannon fodder. >:L
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47858 on: December 21, 2014, 05:41:14 pm »

With whatever you can produce in one turn... yeah, sometimes.

But no, the fun one isn't spearman beats tank, it's spearman beats stealth bomber. Which is a hilarious thing that can happen. Civ -- RNG based games in general, honestly -- isn't really a game for those with anger issues :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47859 on: December 21, 2014, 05:48:01 pm »

I can stomach Blood Bowl.

So I though Civ would be a cakewalk.

Pity the fool.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47860 on: December 21, 2014, 05:52:25 pm »

My wife and I are both unable to make purchases on Steam for about the last 24 hours.  It just says there was an unexpected error.  No explanation.  No idea what could be the problem.  Steam Support not responding, and I'm sure they're overloaded.  Things I want 80-90% off :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47861 on: December 21, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »

What were you guys hoping to get? Sometimes the sales linger for a while.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #47862 on: December 21, 2014, 05:55:30 pm »

I don't suppose you know someone who could buy it for you, then gift it to you? You would, of course, have to pay them what they payed for it :P.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47863 on: December 21, 2014, 06:02:21 pm »

I have 19 hours on one and at least a couple days on the others.  I'll make a deal with someone if I need to.  It's only $5, so I'm sure someone will help me out.

Frustrating, though.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47864 on: December 21, 2014, 09:52:10 pm »

Slow internet for no reason :<
Pages: 1 ... 3189 3190 [3191] 3192 3193 ... 3345