Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3107 3108 [3109] 3110 3111 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699259 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Shirtlords Edition
« Reply #46620 on: November 20, 2014, 01:07:32 pm »

Closer to "I have no idea where it is and no way of finding out! I drove it somewhere and then forgot about it and walked back."

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46621 on: November 20, 2014, 01:29:59 pm »

I made a major DM goof last night during a Pathfinder session. What was supposed to be a relatively difficult combat to introduce the PCs to a hostile environment turned in to a massive ROFLstomp. First action first turn the wizard hits the Giant, Advanced, Mantis with Colour Spray. Stunned for two turns, which is enough time for the party to obliterate it, since it is flat footed, and the sorcerer uses several touch attacks on it. It doesn't even have time to register what's going on before it's pulped.
One thing in it's stat block stuck with me today, "Immune to mind-affecting effects". How, I wonder, can you tell what's mind affecting. So I pull up Colour Spray and take a look. Oh hey, right there in the top line "Mind-affecting"...........................................
Instead of a session of thrilling heroics, I got a wiffle, all because I was too lazy last night to read the whole god damned entry for Colour spray. Never Again.
Sounds like an Arrowflight game I was in once.
One of the PCs had been kidnapped in the night (and was now acting as DM, while the previous DM played a new PC) and another PC, though mostly a pacifist, was wearing his fancy armor and carrying his fancy runic sword. At some point, we're walking through town, and someone mistakes this PC for the one who got kidnapped, and gives him this "mark of death" sort of thing, meaning he's been targeted by this group of supposedly powerful assassins called the Jo'Jai.
Later, we're flying an airship through town and suddenly we get boarded by mercenaries. As everyone is fighting, the Pacifist separates from the group in order to steer the ship away from a cliff face. That's when a Jo'Jai assassin jumps from the rigging and flashes his weapon in a battle stance.
Of course, the Pacifist tries to think of a way out of the situation that doesn't involve violence, and rolls a Diplomacy (or the Arrowflight equivalent) check. It fails, so initiative is rolled. The Jo'Jai completely fails the initiative roll. The Pacifist makes an attack roll. Crit. The runic weapon does enough damage on that crit to kill the Jo'Jai in one hit.

Instant Replay: Supposedly scary powerful assassin jumps down in front of this pacifist guy and prepares for battle. Guy says, "I don't suppose we could come to some agree- Ah, sod it!" and makes one swing, cleaving the assassin in half, and sending him flying off the deck of the airship.
This lead to us constantly brushing off comments that the Jo'Jai were super powerful. "They're not so tough; This guy killed one without a scratch!"

Later in the campaign, a few of us were in a bar, and we got a tip that we were going to be attacked, and we should sneak out the back. Cue a 7' tall lizard, a 4' tall but bright green frog, and a dude in giant plate mail trying to sneak out a tiny window. Of course, we all fail, but guess who crit fails their Awareness check? The Jo'Jai assassins on the roof, about to drop in on the bar we were sneaking out of. The assassins look over, see us sneaking out, go "shhhh," and continue to sneak into the bar.
The DM was noticeably embarrassed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46622 on: November 20, 2014, 01:56:31 pm »

Is it wrong that I found that funny enough to greatly improve my mood?

The reason I'm in a crappy mood right now is because, 5 minutes before I left, the bitch supervisor sends someone to demand that I do the garbage, a 10 minute job. Then, as I am trying to literally run out the door, she starts berating me for not taking out garbage from somewhere else. I do not have time for this, it's already past the time I'm being paid for working. I left, and if I had been delayed some 15 seconds more, I WOULD have missed my bus.

And that's not factoring everyone in the morning shift is incredibly sore from yesterday(Thanksgiving feast), while it looks like the afternoon shift did nothing at all.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46623 on: November 20, 2014, 03:16:26 pm »

Closer to "I have no idea where it is and no way of finding out! I drove it somewhere and then forgot about it and walked back."

Ooooh, that's way better than my response, plus bonus points for the beret guy, it perfectly fits something he would say. :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #46624 on: November 20, 2014, 04:15:06 pm »

I made a major DM goof last night -snip-

Reminds me of a Dark Heresy game where I forgot to add a weapon that I got to my character sheet. Next session we get into combat. "I attack with my fists."

Cue a couple of "ummms..." and the DM improvising a check, because I don't think unarmed combat even exists in Dark Heresy (been a long time since I played or looked at the rulebook though).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46625 on: November 20, 2014, 05:01:27 pm »

The classmate that sent the e-mail to one of my teachers is now telling everyone in class that I was likely to fail one of my classes.

I was doing my peer review for my project today, but I wasn't able to answer truthfully because one of my partners was looking over my shoulder, telling me what to put down.

The layout for the review seems too strict. There is a table full of questions like "was partner X on time to meetings", and you can only put one to four as the answer. You can't actually write down any sentences about your experience with your partners.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:03:42 pm by BlackFlyme »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46626 on: November 20, 2014, 05:02:40 pm »

People who use "freedom of speech" as a shorthand for "you aren't allowed to criticize me".  That's not what that law means...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46627 on: November 20, 2014, 05:36:31 pm »

People who use "freedom of speech" as a shorthand for "you aren't allowed to criticize me".  That's not what that law means...
Freedom of speech just means that the government isn't allowed to arrest you for criticizing them or their actions. That doesn't mean that nobody is allowed to stop you saying whatever you want. If you're going to say stupid crap, you should have to deal with the consequences.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46628 on: November 20, 2014, 06:14:27 pm »

I cracked my computer screen.

It's only a few months old! This is too soon!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46629 on: November 20, 2014, 06:19:36 pm »

Freedom of speech just means that the government isn't allowed to arrest you for criticizing them or their actions. That doesn't mean that nobody is allowed to stop you saying whatever you want. If you're going to say stupid crap, you should have to deal with the consequences.
Say what you will about what you can do, I still find something unsettling about trying to silence someone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46630 on: November 20, 2014, 06:22:02 pm »

"just means." One should not ominously declare that all should deal with undefined "consequences" for expressing any opinion which could fall under the vague umbrella of "stupid crap," nor should one be willfully limiting their own rights to "the government isn't allowed to arrest you for criticizing them."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46631 on: November 20, 2014, 06:22:42 pm »

Spongebiting asshole of a fucking version control failed to save 3 hours of fucking work that I stayed up until 4 in the fucking morning to do and I didn't notice for over two fucking weeks so any backups I made are gone.

Did I mention that I fucking hate working on Fortbent whenever god tiers are involved? Fuck those things.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:27:23 pm by Putnam »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46632 on: November 20, 2014, 06:26:48 pm »

"just means." One should not ominously declare that all should deal with undefined "consequences" for expressing any opinion which could fall under the vague umbrella of "stupid crap," nor should one be willfully limiting their own rights to "the government isn't allowed to arrest you for criticizing them."
I probably would have written my original post more eloquently if I wasn't in the middle of a loud room full of people. Hard to concentrate and all. That's not really what I meant by that post.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46633 on: November 20, 2014, 06:29:04 pm »

The rage thread is not the best thread for eloquent posts, to be true :P

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46634 on: November 20, 2014, 06:29:54 pm »

asdafsdgfgsd