Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3059 3060 [3061] 3062 3063 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692799 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Divine Jizzum Edition
« Reply #45900 on: November 07, 2014, 12:08:01 am »

* LordSlowpoke prods obj

if only humans can commit evil

then humans are the most evil by default

because others can't commit evil

holy shit this is simpler than australian rail etiquette

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45901 on: November 07, 2014, 12:08:56 am »

Well, I mean, we haven't found anyone who is eviler than we are, so we are, technically, the evilest.

Ninja'd

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #45902 on: November 07, 2014, 12:13:46 am »

Re: Extraterrestrial life:

I, for one, hold the belief that Douglas Adams was 100% correct about the universe (minus the Earth-gets-destroyed-in-the-mid-80s part) and we are one of the most sensible civilizations in the galaxy.

Either that or you people need to quit being all angsty and generalizing the human race as entirely made up of people who think like politicians. These constant assertments that we're the most evil species alive are downers like the lovechild of Orwell's and Lovecraft's works.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Malum In Se Edition
« Reply #45903 on: November 07, 2014, 01:09:44 am »

So, to qualify for taking either the Calc 101 course, or a variety of different programming courses, I need to take the math placement test for the college I'm attending through dual enrollment.  There are four different test total, Algebra 1, 2, 3, and then a trig test.  You have to pass the 1 test to take the 2, and the 2 test to take the 3 and trig test. To take the classes I want, I need to get a 5 on both the 4 and the trig test.  1 is so simple it felt humiliating to do, and 2 at least required my to think for about a minute on each problem.  I get to three, and while it isn't hard, it is at least challenging enough that I have to get a piece of paper.  I get about halfway through, and suddenly the test submitted itself, despite the fact that there IS NO SUBMIT BUTTON UNTIL YOU FINISH THE TEST.  I chalk it up to a software glitch, and take it again, since we are allowed to take it two times and I doubt I'll need two tries to get a good score on it.  I get to question 2 out of 20, and it does it again. So now I have a fucking 4, and even if I get a five on the trig test I won't be able to take any useful classes next semester.  I'm going to try to email the dual enrollment coordinator about this tomorrow, because I am not dealing with this at one in the morning. 
Also, more rage, while I was doing all those test I was also going through the different colleges I have applied for, checking to see what classes I can take that will transfer.  Sooooo much rage about the interfaces they have for doing that.  You have to go down giant drop down list that take forever to load, only to find out that they use an entirely separate system for naming the classes, so you have to go all the way back, and many other things.  This is ALSO something I don't feel like doing anymore tonight. All I wanted to do tonight was get this stuff done, and get some time in playing games and catching up on fanfiction, since I have been writing a giant essay for English on top of several other projects for different classes.   But I can't even do that.

So I decided to be responsible, since it is a thing I've been pushing myself to do the past two weeks, even if it is to the severe detriment of my own comfort (Waiking up in the middle of the night, realizing I need to do it, getting up and actually doing it instead of waiting until the morning).  It has been working rather well so far, and I've been making progress on not procrastinating.  So I write up a long report on my situation, send it to the dual enrollment coordinator, and the email client decides it wants to have server problems, not send it, and instead of giving back my original message, it deletes it and moves on to a new page.   
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:29:08 am by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45904 on: November 07, 2014, 07:50:39 am »

My stepdad smelled something and, despite being two rooms away, decided that it was me and that it was so offensive that I should be taken to a hygenist. To compare, I shower regularly, though less than I want to because my stepdad complained about water usage, and have spent a not inconsiderable amount of money on my own personal hygeine and cleaning products, partly due to his sesitivities(though I have benefited from it, obviously). He, on the other hand, maybe showers once a week, spends most of his day in bed smoking weed, and spends far more time in a truck with his four dogs than he does with his wife(my mother), or the crippled son that he may have had with his sister(unknown if true, but both seem to refer to him as "son", and I have never identified any other mother). And he wants to complain how I smell?!

Inasmuch as I can tell, nobody else I know complains about my smell, and I work in a restaraunt-like environment, where hygeine is kinda fucking important.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #45905 on: November 07, 2014, 07:54:00 am »

It's more than thirty degrees inside, and Cape summers don't hit their worst until about February. The next three months are going to be hellish.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45906 on: November 07, 2014, 07:55:54 am »

It's more than thirty degrees inside, and Cape summers don't hit their worst until about February. The next three months are going to be hellish.

Heh, someone's in the south hemisphere. It's gray as fuck out where I am, and just cold enough to make you feel miserable, but not cold enough for snow.

Woo, freezing cold rain.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #45907 on: November 07, 2014, 08:10:10 am »

I'd take icy weather over this. Total lethargy does not lend itself to studying ridiculously broad spectrums of maths, and at least I could be drinking coffee.

Which is another point of rage, now I think of it. The heat seems to make my blood pressure drop, and since I exercise even less than normal when it's hot, I foresee blackouts in my future. Uuuuugh.

Bleh, there they are. It's blood, it's blood that makes the world go 'round~! Or the lack of blood. Wheeee.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:57:13 am by Arx »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45908 on: November 07, 2014, 09:23:04 am »

What cape? Cod?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45909 on: November 07, 2014, 09:24:42 am »

Of Good Hope, IIRC.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45910 on: November 07, 2014, 10:17:53 am »

Allright, thanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #45911 on: November 07, 2014, 10:45:26 am »

Of Good Hope, IIRC.

Bingo.

I seem to be raging a lot (raging alots, heh. There must be a picture somewhere) today. This time: alright, skipping some steps in explanations is okay, but please for the love of all that smells oddly liquorice-like don't just skip all of the algebra in the question and fill in the answer.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45912 on: November 07, 2014, 01:53:54 pm »

I grabbed a bunch of chocolate(double chocolate and strawberry banana actually) milk drinks that were past their expiration date, that I was told to throw out. I took them because I tried two of them and found they tasted just fine.

Except it's a few hours later and my stomach hurts. How much of that is a lack of solid food, I don't know. I haven't had lunch yet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45913 on: November 07, 2014, 02:29:21 pm »

Some dumbass keeps calling the home phone and leaving messages about how we apparently committed federal crimes against the Department of the Treasury, and need to respond or we'll be hauled into court. Three times since I woke up this morning, and the number we're supposed to call in response changes each time despite being the same voice.

I don't believe you, pal. Shut the hell up and quit calling.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45914 on: November 07, 2014, 02:30:43 pm »

Call the Treasury Department and report the fraud.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 3059 3060 [3061] 3062 3063 ... 3345