Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2940 2941 [2942] 2943 2944 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699178 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Making money by sitting around and playing video games (something of an over-simplification)? I would sign up for that in an instant if I could actually pull it off.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Same here. I've no idea how well such a thing would pan out, but it certainly sounds like a good idea.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

I wouldn't do that except as a last resort. It breaks my code of honor.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

There is a lot of things that need to be done first, I tried and to this day I thank god that that it was too complex for me to understand at the time.
My username I made up was MinecraftianSpells, can you imagine how badly that would have gone?
Edit: by a lot of things, I mean that I set into so many roadblocks I gave up, and thank god for that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:35:10 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

* II takes Tawarochir's code of honourand breaks it over his knee.

JOIN US
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

One thing many people forget is that editing videos can be a nightmare. And you have to wait anywhere from half an hour to half a day for the damn things to save into a more compressed format since it takes too much RAM and processing power to compress them AND record.
See, that's what I meant by roadblocks.
I started getting like five different program's to try to upload the video, and this was without editing.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

JOIN US
NEVER

* Tawarochir's iron will repels II's evil

I just think that doing that is basically earning money for nothing. "O, YAH. I PLAY VEEDEEO GAMES FOR MAAAHNEY." I might as well get paid to sleep.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Taw, most of them do it as a review thing. Not just playing games. It's the same damn thing as IGN or RPS.  >:(
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Well, no. There's actually a lot of work involved in (a) editing, (b) being entertaining, and (c) doing stuff in the game required for a minimal amount of (a) and a maximum amount of (b).

Also, RAGE: Cat is sitting on my mouse cord. Can't move the mouse far any more.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My point is, you're doing a leisure activity for money. It's like getting paid to watch TV.

Have any of you actually edited a video? It doesn't take that long if you know what you're doing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

More like getting paid to play football or chess, or paid to tell stories or dance. Y'know, any leisure activity in general people pay to be entertained by. Of which there are many.

Watching TV's a fairly poor equivalent, since TV is... well, non-interactive. Though some people get paid to do that and react, too (See: Mystery Science Theater).

Really, drawing your line at getting paid for doing a leisure activity just about cuts you off from the entertainment industry in its entirety. Which... okay, I guess? Seems weird to me, as de-stressing is important and facilitating that is an act that has value, but if that's your thing it is your thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

My point is, you're doing a leisure activity for money. It's like getting paid to watch TV.

Have any of you actually edited a video? It doesn't take that long if you know what you're doing.
I think you are ignoring the fact that people are, actually, paid good money to watch TV.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

See, Imma just skip the whole "video editing" kerfuffle and stream things instead :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

JOIN US
NEVER

I just think that doing that is basically earning money for nothing. "O, YAH. I PLAY VEEDEEO GAMES FOR MAAAHNEY." I might as well get paid to sleep.
You do realize that there are people getting paid to sleep on beds?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More like getting paid to play football or chess, or paid to tell stories or dance. Y'know, any leisure activity in general people pay to be entertained by. Of which there are many.

I also think those things aren't really things to be paid for, although your last two are debatable on that matter.

Watching TV's a fairly poor equivalent, since TV is... well, non-interactive. Though some people get paid to do that and react, too (See: Mystery Science Theater).

I see your point, but my point was a bit more general.

Really, drawing your line at getting paid for doing a leisure activity just about cuts you off from the entertainment industry in its entirety. Which... okay, I guess? Seems weird to me, as de-stressing is important and facilitating that is an act that has value, but if that's your thing it is your thing.

Filming for TV or a movie? Writing a book? Acting in a play? That's cool. You're getting paid to work on something. But get paid to play video games? You're getting paid to enjoy yourself and make comments. I do that plenty. Do I get paid for it? No.
I have made my point and will not speak more on the matter.

JOIN US
NEVER

You do realize that there are people getting paid to sleep on beds?
You do realize that that's a horrible thing to be paid for?
Pages: 1 ... 2940 2941 [2942] 2943 2944 ... 3345