Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2679 2680 [2681] 2682 2683 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703851 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

If I don't play with Nuzlocke, I end up obsessed over catching all pokemon and leveling them all up at the same time :P

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Pokemon: where eugenics work.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i'm pretty sure eugenics would have stopped the spread of myopia if a certain hitler didn't ruin it for everybody

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

If I don't play with Nuzlocke, I end up obsessed over catching all pokemon and leveling them all up at the same time :P
My X run has stalled for that very reason :P

I don't level them ALL up all the way, but I do try to give every 'mon a shot. Try to get them to evolve if they do.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

The vanilla menu is too simplified to be as useful as it could be on PC, so SkyUI is great :p
Vanilla Skyrim feels like it was designed specifically for consoles :c
That's because it was designed specifically for consoles.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

I went on eBay and found a copy of ArmA II for cheap. It was a physical copy, so my puny internet wouldn't have to download it, and it was only a couple states away.

I don't have an eBay thing, so when I want something off eBay, mom lets me buy it with her account, and then I give her the money it cost. However, this also means that if I ask her if I can buy something, I can't do it myself because it would be pretty rude of me to use her PayPal thing.

It was an auction, bidding started at 5 Dollah. There was a "buy now" option for 13 Dollah. I had a large sum of money saved up for an airsoft gun, but then I decided not to get it, so I asked her to fet the "buy now" option, since it was pretty close and would ship quickly. Instant gratification.

But no, she decided to place a bid, so now I have to wait for 5 days for the auction to finish, and then it ships. She said that she was sleepy and it was an accident.

The "buy now" option is now gone, since we are bidders. I ask her if it's possible to cancel our bid. Yes, she says, but she isn't going to do it because the guy would have to recreate the auction. I try to tell her that the guy would probably understand if we sent a message to him saying that our bid was an accident, and that we would like to buy his product. For thirteen dolla. She insists that it would bother him, and that she can't piss anyone off on eBay because then she'd lost her 100% positive feedback.

I don't underatand what her logic is. He is the seller, and we are the buyer. Chances are, the guy knows how to sell to a buyer. As in, he's probably not going to argue if we tell him "Yo dood, sorry but that was an accident. We wanna buy yo shit fo realsies. Here, thirteen dollah."

Why she thinks her feedback is a factor in this situation is beyond me. Nobody gives a damn about your feedback when you're the BUYER. THE SELLER DOES NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THE BUYER. YOU HAVEN'T USED THIS ACCOUNT TO SELL ANYTHING, NOBODY CARES WHAT YOUR FEEDBACK IS.

#allcapsrant #firstworldproblems

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

i'm pretty sure eugenics would have stopped the spread of myopia if a certain hitler didn't ruin it for everybody

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been born if eugenics was a bigger thing, so I have a predisposition to opposing it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

My dad's not the brightest tool in the horse shed.

So, yeah, opposing it too~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

My parents are both generally high intellect so I would probably have been born.

But you know, liberal hippy equalist scumbag here so i vote nay
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

My parents are both generally high intellect so I would probably have been born.

But you know, liberal hippy equalist scumbag here so i vote nay

But were your parents of OPTIMALLY high intellect? And were they also strong, attractive, and generally better then everyone else? THAT is the question.
Also the answer.

The answer is no.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been born if eugenics was a bigger thing, so I have a predisposition to opposing it.
This is always the problem with eugenics. Nobody will let you do it for some reason.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Well, the biggest problem with eugenics is that it's impossible to argue over it because it makes you think of whether or not it would have applied to you.
The best way to argue is to think about it from an objective viewpoint, and not be biased, but it's the sort of thing that forces bias in the discussion.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spend most of yesterday looking for my birth certificate, because this required to get a state ID card. Looking all over the place, we can't find it. I eventually find it under a pile of PC games that I have no idea how it got under there.

Oh well, at least during the search, my mother found my high school diploma, the loss of which was what prevented me from getting an ID years ago.

This is always the problem with eugenics. Nobody will let you do it for some reason.
I'm starting to think We Must Dissent.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I suggest a Utopian society.

Who's with me!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I'm not.
Pages: 1 ... 2679 2680 [2681] 2682 2683 ... 3345