Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2487 2488 [2489] 2490 2491 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695524 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Assassin's Creed?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Assassin's Creed?

Now you're just being silly.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had to sit through my mother and stepdad's wedding today. Had to put on very painful dress shoes, which were nearly impossible to walk in the kitchen with. We get there, and had to first listen through the moronic sermon by the pastor, who, by the way, was just a masked pointy hat away from looking like a KKK memeber.
Then there was the actual wedding ceremony. At the point where he pronounced them man and wife, I swear that I could smell what was either someone passing gas, or brimstone. After the ceremony, one of my mom's psychotic friends who was sitting behind me leaned forward to look at my mom's ring, only she was gawking at the wrong ring. After all that, my shoes break, both of them.

Also, minor rage. My stepdad claims to be Christian, though his actions are generally far from(maybe not, given my opinion of Christianity). In the living room, he has three images of Jesus; a crucifix, a picture of White Jesus, and one picture of Ambiguously Brown Jesus. Also in the living, prominently displayed by the front window that would be visible from the street if not for the high hedge, is a pot of marijauna plants.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

On the whole Watch Dogs thing, I haven't really seen anything that would make it worth buying for full retail price and dealing with uPlay and all that jazz.  The funnest things I've seen happen in the game is some guy abusing the slow-mo perk while driving down a sidewalk in a churro-van blaring La Cucuracha, and reading people's activities and deciding their fates.

Also, random leg appreciation days (where he just randomly shoots civilians in their legs).  Other than that, everything about the game just seems sort of mediocre.

Akura, at least you never have to wear those shoes again since they broke, something good to take out of it I guess.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We are fixing the shoes. Using something called gorilla glue. Which is probably just superglue made from/for use against goriallas.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the whole Watch Dogs thing, I haven't really seen anything that would make it worth buying for full retail price and dealing with uPlay and all that jazz.  The funnest things I've seen happen in the game is some guy abusing the slow-mo perk while driving down a sidewalk in a churro-van blaring La Cucuracha, and reading people's activities and deciding their fates.

Also, random leg appreciation days (where he just randomly shoots civilians in their legs).  Other than that, everything about the game just seems sort of mediocre.

Akura, at least you never have to wear those shoes again since they broke, something good to take out of it I guess.

Basically sounds like your average "create your own missions" GTA-style of play.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Hrm...  Well the most I could suggest at this point is that you misplace the shoes somewhere.  Preferably in an area with a lot of fire and is an extremely hostile environment to shoes.

There are some things in life that you have to tolerate, bad shoes should not be one of them.

-snip-

Basically sounds like your average "create your own missions" GTA-style of play.

Pretty much, I think he actually yelled "Fuck the story!" at some guy in his chat at some point.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Heh, I remember when I was a kid, I and my friend were sitting in his house playing GTA Vice City, and he was playing while I made this whole action-movey mission on spot for him. Fun was had. Aaaah, nostalgia.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

We are fixing the shoes. Using something called gorilla glue. Which is probably just superglue made from/for use against goriallas.

I'm familiar with the stuff - it's kind of like a combination of spray foam insulation (the expanding stuff) and a premixed epoxy. It's great for some stuff, not so much for others (the foam core can be a weakness). I wouldn't recommend it for anything flexible, and that includes shoes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:01:51 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We always like to play "Outrun", which was inspired by 30 minute long chases in Driver.

Basically, you pick a shitty, durable car, run over a cop and then the chase begins! Most fun with 4 or 5 people so you can pass the controller around and try to beat each other's times. Playing like that, small moments become major victories. Like hitting a median and getting your car over it, foiling pursuit. Or getting airborn, rolling your car and getting it back on its tires so you can keep running.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

And then the tanks roll in and you're still running over people with a bus. Least that's all I can remember from the last GTA I played.

Y'know. One of the top-down ones.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Why is everyone and their brother playing WatchDogs now? I don't even know what WatchDogs really is, it looks like some kind of off-brand GTA but I'm not sure.
Hype, hacking, more related to AC than GTA since Ubisoft made it, etc. General excitement over its release (despite ubisoft/uplay).
AC? Animal Crossing?
Armored Core? Advent Children? Ace Combat? Alpha Centauri? Alternating Current?
This is why we need better acronyms for games :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

And then the tanks roll in and you're still running over people with a bus. Least that's all I can remember from the last GTA I played.

Y'know. One of the top-down ones.

Don't rear end a tank. That tends to end badly.

I remember giving cars to the shipping crane. If you were quick you could hop back inside the car just as it was being picked up and get carried across.

'course it was easier to try and jump the gap.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile

that moment when you test a modification and discover(and fail 6 times to correct) 4 major mistakes you made before you even reach the modification you are testing...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had to put on very painful dress shoes, which were nearly impossible to walk in the kitchen with. [...] After all that, my shoes break, both of them.
How does one even find shoes this bad?

Shoes shouldn't be painful, and they certainly shouldn't break, that's just... how? How do you break dress shoes?
Pages: 1 ... 2487 2488 [2489] 2490 2491 ... 3345