Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2060 2061 [2062] 2063 2064 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698955 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30915 on: December 30, 2013, 07:32:53 pm »

Fucking dammit! Now the oven's stopped working! I really wanted pizza tonight. >:C

Time to call maintenance. What's that, they're closed? Fuck. Guess I'll do it tomorrow after work.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #30916 on: December 30, 2013, 08:19:24 pm »

Something is bleeping. It's loud, happens once every so often and is driving me nuts trying to find out what it is. I unplugged the likely culprit and removed another possible culprit yet it continues. Halp. So... frustrating!

Checked the smoke alarms for low batteries?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30917 on: December 30, 2013, 08:27:27 pm »

The drawers in my house are littered with smoke alarms, torn out at 3am in a frenzied madness. It's not enough to take the batteries out. You have to sever them from the lifeline that is your house, and unplug them. Why smoke detectors use batteries when they're wired into the house is beyond me. I think it's for no other reason than to test the home owner's commitment to fire safety, by making them beep incessantly until you placate them with new batteries. Fun fact, even after removing all power sources, smoke detectors retain enough of a charge to continue beeping for up to 20 minutes. It violates almost all sense of propriety, like decapitating a chicken and watching it thrash for a few minutes with unnatural life. It's not magic, but something in you says it feels wrong.

Well fuck that noise, Mr. Smoke Detector. If you won't play nice, you will go to the Dark Place, buried under socks and Christmas sweaters I'll never wear, until your life force slowly bleeds out of you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30918 on: December 30, 2013, 08:32:40 pm »

WEll, if a started in your fusebox or something so all your electricity went out... what good would a mains-powered smoke alarm do you then?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30919 on: December 30, 2013, 08:46:48 pm »

I suppose that's a fair point, although a pretty unlikely scenario.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #30920 on: December 30, 2013, 08:51:15 pm »

Something is bleeping. It's loud, happens once every so often and is driving me nuts trying to find out what it is. I unplugged the likely culprit and removed another possible culprit yet it continues. Halp. So... frustrating!

Checked the smoke alarms for low batteries?
S'not the smoke alarms, unfortunately. I honestly have no idea what is beeping. It could well be low batteries for something, though. But I've never had it before, so it's weird.

Also, any kind of electrical fire could blow your fuse box. Then what would you do?

EDIT: Ok, I think I've identified the culprit. It has been removed from the room and stuffed under some linen, because I don't have a screwdriver right now. Thanks. Else: Back soon with moar raeg.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:01:31 pm by Octobomb »
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30921 on: December 30, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »

Shit. DDOS's.
Crack-a-lack-a

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30922 on: December 30, 2013, 09:04:21 pm »

Clearly, you're all working for the Eye In The Ceiling.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30923 on: December 30, 2013, 09:55:19 pm »

The venting system for the battery for the heating system in the garage malfunctioned. Ran out of coolant or something, IDK. Gases built up and eventually made their way inside. It smelled like farts, and we all assumed it was the dogs, until it came time to take out the garbage. It smelled much worse in the garage. So my mom's boyfriend shut down the heating system and most of the windows in the house were opened.

Then, afterwards, I was yelled at for not catching that the system malfunctioned. I didn't put it in, I don't know how it works, and the only time I've been in the garage today was to take out the garbage, yet somehow it's my fault that it broke?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30924 on: December 30, 2013, 10:46:26 pm »

The drawers in my house are littered with smoke alarms, torn out at 3am in a frenzied madness. It's not enough to take the batteries out. You have to sever them from the lifeline that is your house, and unplug them. Why smoke detectors use batteries when they're wired into the house is beyond me. I think it's for no other reason than to test the home owner's commitment to fire safety, by making them beep incessantly until you placate them with new batteries. Fun fact, even after removing all power sources, smoke detectors retain enough of a charge to continue beeping for up to 20 minutes. It violates almost all sense of propriety, like decapitating a chicken and watching it thrash for a few minutes with unnatural life. It's not magic, but something in you says it feels wrong.

Well fuck that noise, Mr. Smoke Detector. If you won't play nice, you will go to the Dark Place, buried under socks and Christmas sweaters I'll never wear, until your life force slowly bleeds out of you.

This post is amazing. Definitely sums up a lot of my thoughts on the subject.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30925 on: December 31, 2013, 08:09:00 am »

Well, so my computer was a Windows 7/Zenwalk multiboot affair just yesterday. Zenwalk worked just fine, but wine ran really glitchy on it (else I would have thrown Windows down the crapper already), and Windows was really, really slow for some reason. So I decided to run recovery, thinking that it would restore factory defaults for Windows (installed on an NTFS partition) and leave Zenwalk (on ext4) alone. Somehow, it managed to kill its own bootmanager (LILO ran fine, Windows didn't boot) and Zenwalk wouldn't boot because it couldn't mount some of its own partitions (don't know how that happened).
So I flipped out and reformatted the NTFS partition into ext4, then installed CrunchBang on it, using one of the Zenwalk partitions as /home. So now I am a proud owner of a netbook with only Linux on it, and CrunchBang, to my surprise, works a lot better than Zenwalk, so it's a mixed rage/relief situation for me.
However, I lost fifty gigs of anime in the process. My grief is as bottomless as my anger.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30926 on: December 31, 2013, 08:11:38 am »

Well, so my computer was a Windows 7/Zenwalk multiboot affair just yesterday. Zenwalk worked just fine, but wine ran really glitchy on it (else I would have thrown Windows down the crapper already), and Windows was really, really slow for some reason. So I decided to run recovery, thinking that it would restore factory defaults for Windows (installed on an NTFS partition) and leave Zenwalk (on ext4) alone. Somehow, it managed to kill its own bootmanager (LILO ran fine, Windows didn't boot) and Zenwalk wouldn't boot because it couldn't mount some of its own partitions (don't know how that happened).
So I flipped out and reformatted the NTFS partition into ext4, then installed CrunchBang on it, using one of the Zenwalk partitions as /home. So now I am a proud owner of a netbook with only Linux on it, and CrunchBang, to my surprise, works a lot better than Zenwalk, so it's a mixed rage/relief situation for me.
However, I lost fifty gigs of anime in the process. My grief is as bottomless as my anger.

well... depending on whenever the animes are well seed- i mean, well available, you could make up that loss in maybe a week total (also depends on bandwidth, obviously)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30927 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:59 am »

-snippity-

well... depending on whenever the animes are well seed- i mean, well available, you could make up that loss in maybe a week total (also depends on bandwidth, obviously)
Well, yes. But my computer just feels empty inside now. I don't know if it will ever be the same.
Obviously, the solution is a hundred gigs of anime to drown my sorrows. And the computer's sorrows.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30928 on: December 31, 2013, 08:30:10 am »

-snippity-

Well, yes. But my computer just feels empty inside now. I don't know if it will ever be the same.
Obviously, the solution is a hundred gigs of anime to drown my sorrows. And the computer's sorrows.

i do hope the hundred fifty gigabytes will bring you on the right track

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30929 on: December 31, 2013, 09:35:15 am »

-snippity-

i do hope the hundred fifty gigabytes will bring you on the right track
A hundred fifty gigabytes are enough to bring anyone on the right track. It's like horse tranquilizers, only anime.
Pages: 1 ... 2060 2061 [2062] 2063 2064 ... 3345