Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1983 1984 [1985] 1986 1987 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693087 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Justice Edition
« Reply #29760 on: November 24, 2013, 08:23:09 pm »

Quote from: Every other person during November and December
I mean like, how dare people have fun around the holidays. It's not like you can celebrate them in your own way or anything. It's not like people can give holidays their own meaning. Nope, every person who ever celebrated Christmas, Thanksgiving etc. is just a mindless sheeple waiting to be liberated, and there is absolutely no way you can celebrate the holiday by spending time with your family. Either you're a consumerist brainwashed sheeple or you hate holidays just as much as I do.

I work my ass off to spend time with my family and be charitable during the holiday season. When somebody says something like this to me in complete seriousness, I want to sock them in the mouth. If you want to be "englightened" (re: miserable) during the holiday season, more power to you. But don't go around talking like you're Neo from the fucking Matrix because Christmas isn't your cup of tea.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #29761 on: November 24, 2013, 08:33:12 pm »

I work my ass off to spend time with my family and be charitable during the holiday season. When somebody says something like this to me in complete seriousness, I want to sock them in the mouth. If you want to be "englightened" (re: miserable) during the holiday season, more power to you. But don't go around talking like you're Neo from the fucking Matrix because Christmas isn't your cup of tea.

You know, I really hate this too. Especially since these sorta people kind of eventually got Janet feeling this way for a long time too. Pretty happy that she got over that and she's letting herself enjoy the holidays now.

Besides I fucking love turkey and ham.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29762 on: November 24, 2013, 08:34:56 pm »

I just don't like being bombarded with my former religion by everyone around me for two straight months.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29763 on: November 24, 2013, 08:38:09 pm »

Because Christmas is so closely tied to Christian traditions these days.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29764 on: November 24, 2013, 08:39:17 pm »

I live in the South. You can't go anywhere without people crying about the "War on Christmas" and "Putting Christ back in Christmas". The really bad part are the more hardcore religious members of my extended family. We...don't exactly get along.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29765 on: November 24, 2013, 08:40:14 pm »

They PM'd me song lyrics talking about how they were glad I'd been raped, as well as posting them publicly and starting a dedicated thread.

My tip when someone sends you PMs purely to offend you (I've even received one on this forum, well two but same person) is not to read them.

When they make a thread just to offend you, don't even visit it.

In real life when someone is sending insults your way you don't stay for the encore. You find ways to ignore it and move on.

I think a lot of people would be happier on the net if they could learn to just not fester when someone terrible this way comes. Too many people when depressed will just pour through all the hate as if they are trying to validate it somehow. The best part about the internet is that you have so many tools to filter it out, you just need to train yourself to use them.

Also no, not validating what they sent, your feelings, your actions, or anything else. That is just the only comment I really wanted to make.

I just don't like being bombarded with my former religion by everyone around me for two straight months.

Christmas is so BARELY religious now I once had my socks blown off by a Christmas special that actually mentioned Jesus existed!

I live in the South. You can't go anywhere without people decrying the "War on Christmas" and "Putting Christ back in Christmas". The really bad part are the more hardcore religious members of my extended family. We...don't exactly get along.

OHHH, that explains it.

Just treat it like a cultural thing. A completely separate culture. after all religion is a culture.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29766 on: November 24, 2013, 08:40:42 pm »

It's hilarious to watch my older relatives suddenly become very devout and moral Catholics for the week leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas and then going right back to drinking, swearing and gambling as soon as the decorations get packed up.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #29767 on: November 24, 2013, 08:41:33 pm »

I'm an atheist and like christmas pretty much just as much as Janet. Though she's actually religious, still doesn't seem to factor into it much for her outside of some of the stuff she prays about being a little different.

I also live in the south myself. I have never seen honest war on Christmas stuff anywhere besides fox news.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29768 on: November 24, 2013, 08:42:34 pm »

I'm an atheist and like christmas pretty much just as much as Janet. Though she's actually religious, still doesn't seem to factor into it much for her outside of some of the stuff she prays about being a little different.

I also live in the south myself. I have never seen honest war on Christmas stuff anywhere besides fox news.

Well it is easy to understand once you also understand that foreigners are taking all the jobs ;)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29769 on: November 24, 2013, 08:42:54 pm »

Also no, not validating what they sent, your feelings, your actions, or anything else. That is just the only comment I really wanted to make.

Ah, I read it because I was enjoying the feeling of not giving a shit :D  Kind of weird thing to do, but yeah.  I was like "Oooh there's more stuff for me to enjoy not caring about!!  Let's open it <3"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29770 on: November 24, 2013, 08:44:14 pm »

Hey, dunno 'bout other folks, but I'm down with celebrating the solstice so long as folks are down with me loathing the consumerist bullshit surrounding it these days. September/October is too goddamn early for the christmas crap to come out. Longest night of the year's a fine reason for a celebration, though.

... to be fair, quite a lot is a fine reason for a celebration, really. Cast off the societal celebration chains! Party like it's two o'clock! That fine, delicious, wonderful angle upon the analog clock! Is it not glorious‽ LET US COOK AND SHINDIG!

Besides I fucking love turkey and ham.
"And Buddha looked to Owlga and said, 'You can cook turkey and ham any time you want.'

And Owlga was enlightened."
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29771 on: November 24, 2013, 08:46:51 pm »

Ah, I read it because I was enjoying the feeling of not giving a shit :D  Kind of weird thing to do, but yeah.  I was like "Oooh there's more stuff for me to enjoy not caring about!!  Let's open it <3"

Almost surprised it made it into the rage section then :P

Hey, dunno 'bout other folks, but I'm down with celebrating the solstice so long as folks are down with me loathing the consumerist bullshit surrounding it these days

Well that aspect always existed but it was never so profound as it is now. The point of gifts was to show how wealthy you were. (afterall, you have so much wealth you can give it away)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29772 on: November 24, 2013, 08:47:13 pm »

We're one of the nicest, peacefulest places in the internet.
The only truly sane places are the places in which every madman can be a madman.

Because it scares sane people away, and sane people are violent. We're not. We're just violent towards video game characters.

That makes we wonder: how many Bay12ers do some kind of martial arts?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29773 on: November 24, 2013, 08:47:44 pm »

This is possibly the best response ever to that kind of bullshit. 

We're one of the nicest, peacefulest places in the internet.
The only truly sane places are the places in which every madman can be a madman.

Because it scares sane people away, and sane people are violent. We're not. We're just violent towards video game characters.

That makes we wonder: how many Bay12ers do some kind of martial arts?

I know how to punch people in the throat. Does that count?

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29774 on: November 24, 2013, 08:49:03 pm »

Oh yeah, at Neo's stuff...

IRL, I sometimes stand for encore. Mainly when the other person's acting like a three year old and I can (literally) laugh them off.

You are far tougher than I. I am far too sensitive to even stand to mild scrutiny. :P
Pages: 1 ... 1983 1984 [1985] 1986 1987 ... 3345