Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 [1958] 1959 1960 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693034 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29356 on: November 13, 2013, 07:16:23 am »

meatspace
Makes me want to eat some good meatsauce spaghetti. Mmm.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29357 on: November 13, 2013, 03:28:47 pm »

Third day on the job. What do I do? Lose my voice. Then, I go in early, and decide to go back home so I can pound cough drops for two hours and try to get my voice back.

Maybe they'll just have me do more computer based trainings. That would be nice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29358 on: November 13, 2013, 06:15:01 pm »

There was a woman at the cash register who bought a lottery ticket, scratched it out, then used the winnings to buy another ticket, scratched it, and so on until their wallet was empty, while I stood waiting to pay for over fifteen minutes.
That right there is an addiction. Rough things.

Worst part is that this was not the first time I've seen someone do this. One time I saw someone take out their bank card after they emptied their wallet and kept playing.

Today I had a Human Resources test. The short answer seemed fine, but the multiple choice section was all sorts of stupid.

Some of the wording didn't make sense. Some questions that weren't so much questions as they were statements, leaving me with no idea what they wanted. Some answers that nothing to do with the questions. In other questions the answers were all synonyms.

Some questions weren't even full sentences, and were partially cut away, leaving out the actual question part. Some of the answers were the same.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29359 on: November 13, 2013, 06:25:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure that was a test of courage vs. obedience or something where you'd only pass when you point that out. Or fail, depending on what kind of people HR needs.

Or your HR sucks, in which case my condolences.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29360 on: November 13, 2013, 06:34:26 pm »

I'm pretty sure that was a test of courage vs. obedience or something where you'd only pass when you point that out. Or fail, depending on what kind of people HR needs.

Or your HR sucks, in which case my condolences.

HR sucks. I think I raged here last test because there were questions that required information the teacher never bothered to teach us.

This time the teacher was distracting, she was randomly surfing the internet and making noise, but when a student showed up five minutes late she burst out screaming about how he was the one distracting everyone, when most people didn't even notice him slip through the door.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29361 on: November 13, 2013, 06:50:49 pm »

My hand hurts so fucking bad. ;_;
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29362 on: November 13, 2013, 07:06:24 pm »

Is it wrong that I want to make an inappropriate joke here?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29363 on: November 13, 2013, 07:10:20 pm »

Maybe, but I did too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29364 on: November 13, 2013, 07:42:33 pm »

That seems to be the common response.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29365 on: November 13, 2013, 08:55:23 pm »

You know the guy I'm on about. Or you should.

I really, REALLY feel like railing on at him about how he could do something more than troll some forums with his dedication. By now he'd have probably been able to become fluent in French or something.

Of course, he's a moron, so he WON'T listen, nor will he give up because he fails to understand that nobody wants to use his piece of shit and nobody likes him and NOBODY listens to him. Had he not been know about previously for hounding MAME, I'd have suspected he was some kind of ploy to put everyone on the side of the devs...

Honestly, he's finding problems that don't exist, trying to fix them, then complaining about how we can't see them and how much better he is than all of us because he can...

Ssh. If you mention him, he might hear you and invade this thread too.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29366 on: November 13, 2013, 09:34:02 pm »

Now I'm curious whom. PM me a name, would you kindly. I'm curious as to the context.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29367 on: November 13, 2013, 09:35:03 pm »

Now I'm curious whom. PM me a name, would you kindly. I'm curious as to the context.
The context is a roguelike related to zombies.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29368 on: November 14, 2013, 02:05:14 am »

i am genuinely considering carrying a few small rocks in my coat's pocket so whenever i encounter a guy who wallops into a conversation with "look guys i've got a wife/fiance how awesome is that" - which can be a genuine way of entering one really - and continues with "man you must be so jelly of me right now (laughter at the end optional)" and continues saying shit about how happy they are and how sad i and whoever else i were talking with for not having a lifetime partner like a broken record i can throw said rocks at them hopefully shutting them up

for fuck's sake people i get it you're happy or at the very least trying your darnedest to make it look like you're happy but by shoving it down my throat you're effectively ruining the concept of marriage for me just like a few brony crusaders ruined a somewhat enjoyable show for me, etc. and once i have that ruined i'll have to seriously reconsider where i'm standing in life so just

stop

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29369 on: November 14, 2013, 02:11:23 am »

are you referring to a conversation that was had in the happy thread?

* Descan hugs the Wizzerd.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 [1958] 1959 1960 ... 3345