Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1861 1862 [1863] 1864 1865 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691495 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: May the RAEG be with you Edition
« Reply #27930 on: October 02, 2013, 09:14:19 pm »

Minor game rage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's one of those moments where all I can do is facepalm repeatedly at my stupidity. Hndsight is 20/20 and all that.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27931 on: October 02, 2013, 09:29:22 pm »

GArgirjoggrvnoi@#423qhs

Screw my bus troubles, I just found out I have a report due tomorrow.

Edit: False alarm, it only had to be one page in length. Now that that's done, I'm actually ahead an entire week's worth of homework.

Good, now I can go back to how much I hate buses. Stupid buses, being late, overpacked, and incapable of following their semi-random schedules.

Sure, just switch from having a bus at each stop at least once every 10 minutes to once every hour right when most people are getting off of work and school. No one will mind having to wait several hours because they can't get on the one right in front of them because of the massive fuck-ton of other people trying to get on.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:11:33 pm by BlackFlyme »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27932 on: October 02, 2013, 11:29:20 pm »

They pulled the same routine here. The logic is, you pay fewer bus drivers who are at capacity more often than not. It makes great fiscal sense for the city. It just happens to miss the human element completely though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27933 on: October 03, 2013, 11:27:12 am »

Goddam sore throat. Swallowing hurts, yawning hurts, coughing feels like someone poured molten iron down my throat. I was almost in tears after one coughing fit. And I can't afford to take time off work. FML.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #27934 on: October 03, 2013, 03:11:25 pm »

Applying for jobs, and two job boards really piss me off.

Before even applying for a job, the job board requires you to share your personal information with them, not the company with the job you're applying for. As a part of giving them your personal information, you "agree" to let them send you whatever they want to your email, to your home address and via phone calls on your home and/or mobile phone numbers. AFTER you do all that, THEN you can actually apply to the job.

The other one requires a paid subscription just to be able to see more than a limited number of jobs, see more of a limited job listing description, and to even apply. That is, you get reassured that they have jobs there but you have to pay them to be able to even use the site. It's not even a monthly subscription, it's per week.

I so want to just set them both on fire.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27935 on: October 03, 2013, 03:14:20 pm »

The other one requires a paid subscription just to be able to see more than a limited number of jobs, see more of a limited job listing description, and to even apply. That is, you get reassured that they have jobs there but you have to pay them to be able to even use the site. It's not even a monthly subscription, it's per week.

How do you think they even make any money? :p

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #27936 on: October 03, 2013, 03:30:27 pm »

Deals with companies and advertising, like all of the other job boards that are doing just fine. They have all of my hate.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27937 on: October 03, 2013, 05:51:51 pm »

After 3 Years I finally got Spore Galactic Adventures, but it's taking away my frickin' animations. I reinstalled everything in order but the animation for the strike ability is still missing, making it unusable. If the patch doesn't fix it I'm going to be pissed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27938 on: October 03, 2013, 06:05:05 pm »

Spore still has patches?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27939 on: October 03, 2013, 06:34:17 pm »

Spore still has patches?
Spore is still a thing?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27940 on: October 03, 2013, 07:57:31 pm »

Why is it that the go-to argument for conversion seems to be "If you don't believe the same thing I believe, you're going to go to Hell one day and won't you just have egg on your face then"?

It's not just crazies like WBC and similar, I've had regular people say this sort of thing to my face when the topic comes up and I state that I'm atheist. It's usually more along the lines of "You're going to meet your maker one day", but the intent is the same. It's not even like a stereotypical fire-and-brimstone screaming preacher, that would be fun to watch at least. It's said in the same spirit as "Neener neener neener, I get to go on the field trip and you don't, loser!"

To any religious people in this thread, I have no problem with any of you. I don't care what kind of holidays you celebrate or prayers you say, it's all fine by me. Certain kinds of religious people just drive me insane. Just understand that I tend to react with hostility when some people try to scare or threaten me into becoming Catholic/Islamic/etc.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27941 on: October 03, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

It's like a hippy threatening to punch you in your aura, I think is how the saying goes. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27942 on: October 03, 2013, 08:14:17 pm »

"I'm gonna like, punch you in your aura, man!"
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27943 on: October 03, 2013, 08:17:38 pm »

"I'm gonna like, punch you in your aura, man!"
Says Scary Hippie:
I WILL STRANGLE YOU WITH YOUR AURA AND PUNCH YOUR FACE CHAKRA INTO YOUR ASS
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:26:09 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27944 on: October 03, 2013, 08:34:13 pm »

Because of the government shutdown the school my brother is attending is being shut down and he is going to be sent back home tomorrow morning.  Which means two things-
One.  He will have to retake it.  And chances are not good that he will be able to get this far again. 
Two- My mother and I won't be able to visit him this weekend. 
I got to see my brother for ONE hour three weeks ago.  Before that, the last time I saw him was four years ago.  The next opportunity we'll have to see him will be a POSSIBLE trip we're planning for Spring Break, but after that, unless I can spring for money for a ticket to Europe while in college, I won't see him for ANOTHER five years.  By which time I myself will probably be in the military, and therefore won't be seeing him because of that.  So yes, thanks a lot government.  I might not be able to see my brother for another decade or two thanks to you. 
The only good thing about him getting sent home is that he will actually be able to get food without walking the ten miles needed to get to the nearest gas station, as that's the only place he's able to get food. 

Also, on top of this my brother in law doesn't have a job at the moment, my Dad very nearly escaped not having a job at the moment, and a good many of my friends are the only people in their family that do have a job at the moment. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 1861 1862 [1863] 1864 1865 ... 3345