Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1847 1848 [1849] 1850 1851 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689407 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE: New rules, read them.
« Reply #27720 on: September 24, 2013, 09:39:25 pm »

Oh dear, these arguments. They make me want to leave the forums in general with how stupid they are sometimes..

Anyways, random guy decided to punch me in the spine today pretty hard. I ignored the feeling of wanting to unload on him.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27721 on: September 24, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »

Oh dear, these arguments. They make me want to leave the forums in general with how stupid they are sometimes..

It's not a stupid topic to argue about as long as we can keep it cool. I think he had a point, statistics be damned.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27722 on: September 24, 2013, 09:41:17 pm »

Stop threatening that Projeck, it's getting old. You're a decent guy, but at this point that threat is just... annoying.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27723 on: September 24, 2013, 09:42:10 pm »

Gamerlord, it's not as much as a threat as it is my true feelings towards these arguments. If it annoys you, well, that's your opinion.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27724 on: September 24, 2013, 09:43:11 pm »

Gamerlord, it's not as much as a threat as it is my true feelings towards these arguments. If it annoys you, well, that's your opinion.

Then leave quietly. Saying "oh my you guys this argument is just so stupid I might leave, you guys" is just unnecessary drama-stirring.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27725 on: September 24, 2013, 09:43:27 pm »

It's just that almost every time there's an argument of any kind in a thread you're posting in, you post 'this makes me want to leave' or something similar. It's like your catchphrase by now.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27726 on: September 24, 2013, 09:45:41 pm »

That's your opinion, Gamerlord. And you're intitled to it as much as I am.

Also, ffs, I said sometimes they're stupid. I never specified with the one that just happened. But it did bring up memories of arguments that were really bad like a year ago or so on these forums.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27727 on: September 24, 2013, 09:45:52 pm »

The key is that anything can be discussed, even something that would be derogatory, so long as there is respect and understanding from both sides.

It also requires the wisdom to know when to leave a topic be because it is spiraling out of control... or for someone to bow out when they see the other side is getting belligerent (and trust me, I know how hard it is to leave an argument when someone outright insults or dismisses you).

If the topic ends right here, it would have been a heated argument, with unfortunate things being said, but it would be before it really gone out of control.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27728 on: September 24, 2013, 09:48:50 pm »

The key is that anything can be discussed, even something that would be derogatory, so long as there is respect and understanding from both sides.

It also requires the wisdom to know when to leave a topic be because it is spiraling out of control... or for someone to bow out when they see the other side is getting belligerent (and trust me, I know how hard it is to leave an argument when someone outright insults or dismisses you).

If the topic ends right here, it would have been a heated argument but it would be before it really gone out of control.

Yes. Thank you. I think people often don't realize that all it takes is one really socially-inept person posting a really inappropriate reply because they thought it was funny or whatever to push a discussion into forum guideline territory. It does not automatically make the other people who were being civil at fault. If there is a problem with the topic, I'm fairly sure it's more productive to point it out than to sink the whole ship.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27729 on: September 24, 2013, 09:51:42 pm »

Problem is, even on Bay12, one of the fairest and nicest places on the internet I've ever seen, there is still 'cliques' of posters who support each other no matter what.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27730 on: September 24, 2013, 09:51:58 pm »

Bah, don't bother with them. Those school sponsored events are complete and utter bullshit, presided over by full-of-themselves teachers and their favourite little bootlicking students. Just focus on the schoolwork, not the retarded distractions they throw at you.
By that I mean a bunch of dances and stuff which apparently 90% of the school's going to, but I wasn't planning on going anyhow.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27731 on: September 24, 2013, 09:53:40 pm »

Bah, don't bother with them. Those school sponsored events are complete and utter bullshit, presided over by full-of-themselves teachers and their favourite little bootlicking students. Just focus on the schoolwork, not the retarded distractions they throw at you.
By that I mean a bunch of dances and stuff which apparently 90% of the school's going to, but I wasn't planning on going anyhow.
I didn't go to any of the dances or formals or shit when I was in HS. Hell, once they made this banner thing and everyone had to write a goodbye thing on it. I wrote "Hallelujah, I don't have to deal with you lot anymore."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27732 on: September 24, 2013, 09:54:08 pm »

Problem is, even on Bay12, one of the fairest and nicest places on the internet I've ever seen, there is still 'cliques' of posters who support each other no matter what.
I would guess mainly from the friendships that have been made here. Such as Twi and I have gotten really close and he's like a brother to me. Sometimes you gotta stand up for your friends even if they're in the wrong, even though it's not morally right all the time.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27733 on: September 24, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »

I would guess mainly from the friendships that have been made here. Such as Twi and I have gotten really close and he's like a brother to me. Sometimes you gotta stand up for your friends even if they're in the wrong, even though it's not morally right all the time.
Of course, but part of friendship is giving those friends a swift kick up the arse when they need it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27734 on: September 24, 2013, 09:56:16 pm »

I didn't go to any of the dances or formals or shit when I was in HS. Hell, once they made this banner thing and everyone had to write a goodbye thing on it. I wrote "Hallelujah, I don't have to deal with you lot anymore."

You know what... Lets just add ANY forced school function to the list.

All the worst times in my life was when I went on school trips. The Camping trip and the "Out of State" trip both went terribly and I never want to do them again.

The thing is, that if they hear you don't want to do it... they don't leave it at that. They make a point to make you go.

Then if you do manage to resist... Guess what? You are now in ALL DAY DETENTION.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:58:32 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 1847 1848 [1849] 1850 1851 ... 3345