Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691255 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Geostupidity Edition
« Reply #26685 on: August 15, 2013, 03:17:38 pm »

I still don't get why Youtube recommends videos with a 10:1 thumbs down/up ratio.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26686 on: August 15, 2013, 03:49:05 pm »

I still don't get why Youtube recommends videos with a 10:1 thumbs down/up ratio.
Advertising. If you are viewing a video that is getting thumbs down, you're still watching the video. Therefore, you are potentially generating ad revenue. And if something is getting enough views, it's in youtube's short term best interests to get it more views. It is playing on the viral qualities of itself to become a money-making feedback loop. This is why the people who made Friday made a killing in ad revenue -- it didn't matter that it was thumbs-downed into oblivion, everyone who was coming to hate on it was lining the creator's pockets with money.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #26688 on: August 15, 2013, 04:04:35 pm »

I am not sure if I should feel a perverse sense of pride or anger at the futility of it all when nearly every comment I make on yahoo news articles gets thumbs downed into oblivion.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26689 on: August 15, 2013, 04:56:26 pm »

I am not sure if I should feel a perverse sense of pride or anger at the futility of it all when nearly every comment I make on yahoo news articles gets thumbs downed into oblivion.
Personally I'd go for wondering why you bother commenting on yahoo news.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #26690 on: August 15, 2013, 04:59:10 pm »

Yahoo comment sections are the new stand-up comedy.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26691 on: August 15, 2013, 05:28:26 pm »

Yahoo comment sections are the new stand-up comedy.

The message boards in Yahoo Finance are always good for a laugh.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26692 on: August 15, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »

Jesus man, what's wrong with you? It'd be like posting a comment on CNN.com articles. I punch myself every time I'm stupid enough to even glance at the comments. Posting and engaging that kind of debate? My left hand would probably try to stab a pencil through my right's wrist.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26693 on: August 15, 2013, 08:30:33 pm »

I started to forward emails I need to keep to my new account, but 95 emails in, Outlook decided it "looks like somebody else is using your account." All my recovery information is out of date, because I got this account 9 years ago. In a vicious twist of irony, I updated that very information last week - but it takes 30 days for the website to start using it. My entire account is locked down, now, and the only way to restore access to it is a questionnaire that is currently "experiencing technical difficulties".

I'm sure I echo the sentiments of a tremendous slice of the Internet when I say, FUCK YOU, MICROSOFT.

EDIT: Apparently "Down for maintenance" is the error it gives when you try to use Chrome. Firefox worked. WHAT THE SHIT
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:24:13 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26694 on: August 15, 2013, 09:28:10 pm »

Apparently business associate brother interpreted "i'd be happy to do any small jobs you need" to mean "I am god and know how to orchestrate photoshop to cry out my commands"

Son of a bitch! here goes my weekend, and probably a no-more-than fifty dollar paycheck :/

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26695 on: August 15, 2013, 11:55:24 pm »

We coulda been most of the way to Colorado by now, nicely ahead of schedule. Instead we get assigned a PoS trailer that has seven(!!) serious problems that need fixing and thus have been stuck here all day and likely all night. Why the people in charge of loading the trailer didn't notice any of this, I don't know, but now we're responsible for getting it all taken care of.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26696 on: August 15, 2013, 11:57:20 pm »

Why the people in charge of loading the trailer didn't notice any of this, I don't know, but now we're responsible for getting it all taken care of.
You maaaay have already noticed the answer to your inquiry >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26697 on: August 16, 2013, 12:03:29 am »

Youtube, theres only so much you can do before I just go 'oh fuck this design' and go obtain a greasemonkey script to fix your damn mess, with the removing the only decent non-video page (my_subscriptions) and all. It might only be half as many as before, but thats far better than just two videos, lots of scrolling, and massive tracts of blank space on the sides.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26698 on: August 16, 2013, 12:05:17 am »

Why the people in charge of loading the trailer didn't notice any of this, I don't know, but now we're responsible for getting it all taken care of.
You maaaay have already noticed the answer to your inquiry >_>
Yes, but the people in charge have access to other, working trailers to put the load in. Thus ensuring that the load still arrives on time. Instead, by putting the load in a bad trailer and sealing it up, we can't move the stuff to a new trailer and have to wait until the bad one is fixed. Worst case scenario, the load is late.

I dunno, it seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot here.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26699 on: August 16, 2013, 12:08:06 am »

It could be worse. You could be transporting 500,000 small birds.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 3345