Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692495 times)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: R.I.P Bambi Edition
« Reply #26640 on: August 11, 2013, 07:58:31 pm »

We all have our reasons for living where we do. It's usually a combination of personal ties, cultural traditions, necessity, convenience, and familiarity.
Exactly.
Everytime there are major tornados or hurricanes in the US, people here say: "Why do these Americans build their houses out of wood and cardboard? If they had houses built of stone and concrete like normal people...". So ignorance is pretty universal I guess  ;).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:00:19 pm by XXSockXX »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Geostupidity Edition
« Reply #26641 on: August 11, 2013, 08:03:29 pm »

I myself recall the rather vicious arguments that what was left of New Orleans should have been bulldozed after Katrina.

Realistically, humans are like a gas. We will expand to any place in which we might be able to survive.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: R.I.P Bambi Edition
« Reply #26642 on: August 12, 2013, 12:23:27 am »

My program not working despite it perfectly looking like it should work. =_=
WORK DAMMIT

i know how you feel

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26643 on: August 12, 2013, 01:29:06 am »

I myself recall the rather vicious arguments that what was left of New Orleans should have been bulldozed after Katrina.

Realistically, humans are like a gas. We will expand to any place in which we might be able to survive.
'Might.'

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26644 on: August 12, 2013, 04:26:22 am »

We all have our reasons for living where we do. It's usually a combination of personal ties, cultural traditions, necessity, convenience, and familiarity.
Exactly.
Everytime there are major tornados or hurricanes in the US, people here say: "Why do these Americans build their houses out of wood and cardboard? If they had houses built of stone and concrete like normal people...". So ignorance is pretty universal I guess  ;).
Maybe because it takes longer to build a stone house than a wooden house?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #26645 on: August 12, 2013, 04:28:42 am »

I just assume most people live in shitty places because moving away either isn't an option, or just a risky option. For example, if people could just move to wherever they wanted without any consequences, the midwest would be completely devoid of any and all human life.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26646 on: August 12, 2013, 04:39:01 am »

Also, another note why living next to a river is a fairly bad idea.

Floods. Africa doesn't have much protection systems, and one lost harvest can doom you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26647 on: August 12, 2013, 04:42:03 am »

On the other hand, there's a -reason- the Nile holds pretty much all of Egypt's civilization.

Probably not as good (in terms of fertility) in other areas, or as bad (in terms of inhospitable conditions elsewhere in the region) in other countries, but the same principle holds.

There's also a reason nearly every major city, and almost certainly every major city that's more than 500 years old, has been on rivers.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26648 on: August 12, 2013, 04:48:04 am »

Sadly, doesn't apply to Africa, which has quite a few seasonal rivers. It causes more erosion than it provides new ground. (In fact, all the silt the Nile deposits has to come from somewhere.)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26649 on: August 12, 2013, 05:10:05 am »

There's also a reason nearly every major city, and almost certainly every major city that's more than 500 years old, has been on rivers.
Or a rainforest. Because rain.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26650 on: August 12, 2013, 01:41:16 pm »

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is idleness culturally unacceptable~

i'm just taking it easy when i can take it easy why the fuck does everyone expect me to work sixever sure i'm not getting paid right now but nobody in the company that i know of has paid vacation go to hell

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26651 on: August 12, 2013, 03:58:42 pm »

Okay, I am done with all your complaining on the Facebook. There are a plethora of ways that you could constructively complain about this new policy in the coming school year. 99% of the kids think it's a terrible idea (I actually don't mind) and complain about it daily, but if you aren't going to actually involve yourself with the system that creates the rules, then don't complain about it. Send a letter to the Principal/Superintendent, make a public statement at the Board meetings, there are plenty of things you could do. "btw I have already given my opinion to people in the education system." Oh, really? Because I'm pretty sure your English teacher does not make the rules. >:(

Rage rage rage sleep.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #26652 on: August 12, 2013, 04:02:25 pm »

You still have people posting stuff on Facebook?

The only reason I check mine daily is PMs and Groups. My main page just shows George Takei, an old friend who posts semi-cool pictures almost daily, my super religious "the Illuminati rule the world" uncle, and bands I liked years ago.

Two years ago that was, well, different.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26653 on: August 12, 2013, 04:04:02 pm »

My Facebook mostly has people passing interesting articles and essays to each other.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26654 on: August 12, 2013, 04:09:13 pm »

You still have people posting stuff on Facebook?

The only reason I check mine daily is PMs and Groups. My main page just shows George Takei, an old friend who posts semi-cool pictures almost daily, my super religious "the Illuminati rule the world" uncle, and bands I liked years ago.

Two years ago that was, well, different.

Somebody called me, and I knew that if it was important, they'd send a message on Facebook (they did). Then I poked around a bit before realizing people are still complaining about the same thing that they have been for five months and blah get over it people.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 3345