Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700427 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Hobo Assault Edition
« Reply #24945 on: June 24, 2013, 09:50:19 pm »

Remove the battery?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24946 on: June 24, 2013, 09:58:01 pm »

There's no fire, but we can only disable the sensor for 15 minutes. It's an optical sensor, so we made sure to vaccuum it clean, but it doesn't help. What doesn't help either is that it's wired to three other detectors that are directly in our bedrooms ("only 85 dB" my ass), and that we can't get it off the ceiling, not even open it, therefore we can't get the battery out.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24947 on: June 24, 2013, 09:58:53 pm »

What the hell kind of building are you in?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24948 on: June 24, 2013, 10:03:45 pm »

What the hell kind of building are you in?
It's a house we recently acquired and renovated, and the terms of the special partially government-funded bank loan we used required us to make the house conform to certain safety and energy criteria (which includes linked fire alarms).

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24949 on: June 24, 2013, 10:15:35 pm »

Amazing. The Atlanta school system is literally being overthrown because of the recent cheating scandal, yet lawmakers can't be bothered to repeal the absolutley broken No Child Left Behind laws.

Actually, I think it might have just run out and has yet to be repealed, but I'm almost certain that it's broken-ass policies are still in effect.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24950 on: June 24, 2013, 10:50:34 pm »

People down the street keep yelling about the blackhawks >_<. I dinnae like rowdyness.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Go To Bed Edition
« Reply #24951 on: June 24, 2013, 11:19:41 pm »

I'd be inclined to say the opposite, actually. I dislike combing through hundreds of comments to find something crappy a guy said (though Ratfist got pretty damn political around the point I stopped reading it so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a ton of relevant comments), but when he publishes something professionally then he should expect to face any consequences it might have.
I know I'm behind the times with this late reply, but I wanna clarify that I may have misunderstood the clarification if that's the case. I was assuming something like commentary on the comics themselves, not statements in the comment space (which I always assume is an intellectual and moral dead zone, regardless of who's posting there).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #24952 on: June 24, 2013, 11:50:42 pm »

It was in the comments section, yeah. Sorry for the vagueness.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24953 on: June 25, 2013, 05:23:20 am »

There is a possibility that within the next eight hours I may very well begin plotting the demise of one ATT representative that sold me Uverse on the grounds of me having a dynamic IP with said internet service. Not really plotting their demise but let's just say I don't like being lied to, which is something that seems to be happening a lot lately as many of the people I know don't seem to be able to keep their word anymore. Right now though I'm kind of mad at myself because I tried helping someone on another forum and got banned for trying to give said help. I mean it's a temporary ban that expires in a day or two but it seems to be that I always get in trouble for doing the right thing, yet it is in my nature to help people when the circumstances are right. I don't know, it's almost 3:30 AM where I am at and I'm having trouble sleeping because I somehow slept until 10 PM last night. I should really talk to my doctors about that.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24954 on: June 25, 2013, 05:39:13 am »

I may very well begin plotting the demise of one ATT representative

Seriously murder is not the answer.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24955 on: June 25, 2013, 05:44:25 am »

I may very well begin plotting the demise of one ATT representative

Seriously murder is not the answer.
I know you're trying to be funny and I admit that I smirked a bit at your response but please understand that I am too tired to be coherent at this time and as a result you all should probably just ignore that previous post I made. You know, like how one might ignore that odd duckling that keeps following them around and watching them while they sleep, plotting and planning a way to steal their breadcrumbs and sell them life insurance.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24956 on: June 25, 2013, 06:12:21 am »

Update on fire alarm: We found the documentation on the internet, including how to replace the battery, so we took out the battery and cut power to the floor's alarm system. I had two hours of sleep full of nightmares about fire alarms (not fires, only alarms, including giant flying saucer alarms and a horde of zombie alarms), my alarm clock went off, I had a panic attack, threw a glass of water at it and immediately fell back asleep. A while later, I woke up again, and didn't know how late it was because there was a power outage (guess why), and while walking to open the door to get some light, I pricked my foot on half a glass of water. Minutes later (yes, I slept that much in), I'm on Bay12 and typing this up, with a band-aided foot, a glass-stained carpet, a short-circuited alarm clock and most likely some kind of fire alarm PTSD, and I can't stop grinning because of how stupid this all sounds.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24957 on: June 25, 2013, 11:29:20 am »

There is a possibility that within the next eight hours I may very well begin plotting the demise of one ATT representative that sold me Uverse on the grounds of me having a dynamic IP with said internet service. Not really plotting their demise but let's just say I don't like being lied to, which is something that seems to be happening a lot lately as many of the people I know don't seem to be able to keep their word anymore. Right now though I'm kind of mad at myself because I tried helping someone on another forum and got banned for trying to give said help. I mean it's a temporary ban that expires in a day or two but it seems to be that I always get in trouble for doing the right thing, yet it is in my nature to help people when the circumstances are right. I don't know, it's almost 3:30 AM where I am at and I'm having trouble sleeping because I somehow slept until 10 PM last night. I should really talk to my doctors about that.
Yeah, your internal IP addresses can be dynamic, so within your home network, but your external IP is dictated by your ISP, and has to be static, essentially. (Mind you, all of my networking knowledge is from 1999, so this may not be entirely accurate.) Anyway, if you're really that concerned about it, get GhostSurf and turn your IP address into one from Poland or Bolivia or something.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24958 on: June 25, 2013, 01:14:25 pm »

Nope. ISP can give you a dynamic IP, and they usually do unless you pay extra for a static one.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24959 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:38 pm »

Nope. ISP can give you a dynamic IP, and they usually do unless you pay extra for a static one.
Huh. Weird.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 3345