Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704846 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEGology Edition
« Reply #23385 on: May 10, 2013, 06:03:09 pm »

Raging because an asshole I know smacked me in the back of the head hard today. The pricks been doing stuff like this since I met him. I still hang out with him and treat him as a friend most of the time, even though he pulls shit like this a lot. At the end of every day I feel like he is one of the worst people I know, and yet every day I end up having a few laughs with him that end up turning sour as he starts acting more and more like a prick. I would stop hanging out with him, but then I know he would get well and truly pissed. I thinking about smashing his head through a window, and my only thoughts about the repercussions was the fact that my family and I wouldn't be able to pay for said window.
What is your relation to this guy? Is he a coworker? Classmate? Highschool or college?

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23386 on: May 10, 2013, 06:38:54 pm »

Classmate and High school.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #23387 on: May 10, 2013, 06:59:00 pm »

Raging because an asshole I know smacked me in the back of the head hard today.

Take thumbtack, affix to back of skull with adhesive, disguise it, and wait.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23388 on: May 10, 2013, 07:03:34 pm »

Raging because an asshole I know smacked me in the back of the head hard today.

Take thumbtack, affix to back of skull with adhesive, disguise it, and wait.

That sounds hilairious and I would probably try it if I didn't have a buzz cut.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23389 on: May 11, 2013, 01:51:19 am »

What do you get when you buy MalwareBytes that you don't get with the free version? 
real time protection so turns into a real antivirus other than a scanner. Plus its 30 bucks for lifetime license so you will have it for keeps.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23390 on: May 11, 2013, 02:47:57 am »

I used to run AVG a few years ago but then I got serious issues with it so I switched to Avast which worked great for a long while. I only recently switched to Kaspersky since I got a great student deal on the license.

I use Comodo because it's pretty lightweight. Runs on our ancient XP without an issue (min spec for the full suite? 256MB RAM)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23391 on: May 11, 2013, 04:29:34 am »

I used to run AVG a few years ago but then I got serious issues with it so I switched to Avast which worked great for a long while. I only recently switched to Kaspersky since I got a great student deal on the license.

I use Comodo because it's pretty lightweight. Runs on our ancient XP without an issue (min spec for the full suite? 256MB RAM)

I also recently switched to Comodo.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23392 on: May 11, 2013, 07:08:19 am »

My stepdad practically force-fed me(via guilt trip) some of the oatmeal he made. He somehow thinks that old bananas and some blueberries make it as sweet as an instant oatmeal packet, while having less sugar.

Of course, instant oatmeal also doesn't have the at least half-teaspoon of salt he put in it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23393 on: May 11, 2013, 07:15:11 am »

Of course, instant oatmeal also doesn't have the at least half-teaspoon of salt he put in it.
WTF is wrong with this guy?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23394 on: May 11, 2013, 07:19:34 am »

WTF is wrong with this guy?
I imagine it's only like porridge and salt.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #23395 on: May 11, 2013, 07:36:28 am »

Salted porridge tastes awesome.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23396 on: May 11, 2013, 07:44:32 am »

Korea is very hostile to LGBT: recently a proposal that disallows many kinds of discrimination, including that against sexual orientation caused a lot of people to protest. The proposal was quickly withdrawn. >_>

Reason this is rage, not sad: the main reasons that were used to whip people into blindly protesting against the law are all strawmen. Every single one of them. The proposed law states that discrimination on basis of

• sexual orientation
  • degree of education ("Graduated from a high school, no higher education? YOU FAIL. No, no excuses. Zero tolerance.")
  • Type of employment ('Contracted' employees are often discriminated against, such as equal work/less pay, less benefits...)
  • Social status
  • Region you were born in (eg, if you happen to be from a region the employer hates, it's possible you won't be hired.)
  • Nationality
  • Appearance (yes, it's currently legal to fire a person because you don't like how his looks)
  • Marriage status
  • Pregnancy (again, it's legal to fire someone because they decided to file for parental leave)
  • Family status
  • Race
  • Color of skin
  • Political views
  • Morales
  • Past crimes whose punishment has been served
  • Sexual identity
  • Military

is illegal. The arguments against the law are

1. "Gays are evil. Disallowing discrimination against gays means that people can brainwash your children into gays in school. Also gayness is a disease and if discrimination is not allowed we can't cure them. Also gays have a higher rate of crime, warp your childrens' sexual orientation, and are just bad."
2. "If discrimination against previous crimes is disallowed, even rapists and serial murderers can become a Head of a Bureau or a presient! Also, spies can become politicians!"
3. "If we can't discriminate against foreigners, we can't punish them even if they kill your children and steal all your monies!"
4. "If there's no discrimination against political views, Kim Jung-IlEun can send propaganda into Korea and people who preach the good of communism into the busiest street in Seoul and we can't do a thing!"
5. "Since Korea is a Christian nation, we should be allowed to discriminate against gays."

Friggin' strawmen -_-

Interestingly, Korea's Catholics are silent. It's the Presbyterians (which I admit I have the shame of being affiliated with >_>) who are making such a ruckus.

Edited: for clarity.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:05:54 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23397 on: May 11, 2013, 07:55:22 am »

• sexual orientation ("gays are evil")
  • gender("make me sammich")
  • Race (Legal to call an African-American a 'nigger', and you can even sue them for any harm they inflict on you~)
Why should these be made illegal?

Protection against discrimination should cover everything that allows everyone to have the same opportunities in life. That means same rights to family, rights to labour and that includes rights of expression.

Turned down by employers because of prejudice:
  • Should not be allowed.

Making a picket line like the WBC saying something like 'fags go to hell!':
  • Sucks, but should not be illegal. We shouldn't be selectively choosing what people can or cannot say because it hurts x's feelings. It does not promote equality and is so terribly easy to abuse.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23398 on: May 11, 2013, 07:57:42 am »

I don't get it. o_O?

Maybe you're confused by the parentheses? Or are you arguing that discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender, and race should be allowed? Which... really isn't understandable to me. :s

To clarify: law doesn't say that hurting someone's feelings is illegal. It says that choosing not to hire someone who has come out as LGBT is illegal, or that giving a Taiwanese worker less pay because he's Taiwanese is illegal.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:59:56 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23399 on: May 11, 2013, 08:06:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The three points I quoted are the ones I would oppose. All three are derogatory insults which you host under all the points of things which should be made illegal.
And that would be a no to both questions.

Protection against discrimination should cover everything that allows everyone to have the same opportunities in life. That means same rights to family, rights to labour and that includes rights of expression.
Turned down by employers because of prejudice:
  • Should not be allowed.
I have made my reply as clear as I can. I do agree with you, I'm not sure where the confusion comes from.
Pages: 1 ... 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 ... 3345