Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710301 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

Looks like you're never going to give this up. ¬_¬

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Nor are we gonna let it down :V

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Are we never going to turn this thread around?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Now I have a craving for dessert.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

I'm using train of thought narrative. A little work and you'd get it. I'd like to know if a board that advocates left-wing ideas as much as this one has anyone actively move towards the ideas, outside of Truean hopefully. I am irritated that i know barely anyone who lives up to the standards they expunge.

I would hope that people wouldn't try to live up to standards they expunge.

An remarkable comeback. :D
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who was proudly told that they were intending to go into eco-friendly fashion.
Reading a thinner book

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

"Espouse" seems to be the word you're looking for.

Anyway, I try to. I'm a vegetarian due to my moral standards. I do my best to not be prejudiced in any way shape or form. I try to look at everything from the perspective of everyone involved, and give people the benefit of the doubt.

I probably fail at all of these from time to time (even the vegetarian one if I fail to read ingredient labels, which I'm occasionally too lazy to). But I still put forth a significant effort.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

Part of it is that I'll do this. We'll use assumptions about you as an example. You likely fund this game, which though clearly crucial to the mental state of many concerned could be put to better use. The same goes for many leisure activities, including stylistic choices. You post on these boards to vent your frustration but likely don't take opportunities available to you to change things in day to day life, settle with the flaws of your acquaintances and try to assuage any fears you have about the harms it will be doing. You do not restrict yourself to the bare necessities necessary for your physical and psychological well being. You give people the benefit of the doubt rather then behaving according to strict realities. You have done insufficient research on the subject of vegetarianism and it's more to do with the concept then pragmatism, you don't take action to change this and likely hold certain figures in far too high regard. You'll put peoples looks and charm before their ethics and do so whenever you watch actors and are once again not doing enough to change any of this or finding out how too.

I don't have a wealth of information for one such as yourself, and some of the above could easily have justifications, not that i presume more then the universals about you. Your average middle class man on the street is a very different story.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:20:12 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Are you drunk, Novel?
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I have literally no frecking clue what novel just said. I think it's about the decadance of modern society. Nofucking clue though.

My mom is really pissing me off though. She gets so angry at me for not working and tells me that "she's so frustrated". Finally I straight up ask her what she wants me to do and simply says "work harder!". Just that/. No advice, no help. For someone who is so supposedly good at helping people in school (which I never hear the end of, BTW) She really sucks at it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

*exposition*. I don't get enough opportunities to do it. The point is, i start off with a much less then optimistic outlook, and people do not help this. For the record, i never have been when anyone asked, though it was often late at night or interspersed with several other forums, and i do not profess to being perfect either, though that never stopped me  :P. The point of the post is that i have my doubts about this forums inhabitants as well, and I'd like some straight answers.
Reading a thinner book

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

*exposition*. I don't get enough opportunities to do it. The point is, i start off with a much less then optimistic outlook, and people do not help this. For the record, i never have been when anyone asked, though it was often late at night or interspersed with several other forums, and i do not profess to being perfect either, though that never stopped me  :P. The point of the post is that i have my doubts about this forums inhabitants as well, and I'd like some straight answers.
Questions in low English then? We don't all have time to spend an hour deconstructing the mystery of the questions you ponder. As for the less-than optimism, who's to say that you are wrong?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Novel... bro...
I tell you this as a friend when I say that what you're writing reads like a dadaist poem.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It would be wise to note that there are more potential positions for someone to occupy than "Rigorously adheres to own beliefs" and "Complete hypocrite". No offense, but post #22197 seems to be verbosity for the sake of verbosity. Taking a paragraph to explain something that should only take one or two lines is neither necessary nor helpful in writing that isn't strictly formal, and even less so when it is composed of a string of loosely related semi-incoherent examples.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

WAIT A MINUTE. STOP THE WORLD MISKO HAS A QUESTION.

Are we talking about Vegetarianism?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1433 1434 [1435] 1436 1437 ... 3345