Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1398 1399 [1400] 1401 1402 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3711301 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: GAME OVER MAN Edition
« Reply #20985 on: February 18, 2013, 09:47:09 am »

Woke up at 7AM for my final, scheduled for 8AM; got a mere 3 hours of sleep because of it. No one is there. I figure the time I saw online was wrong, as seemed to be the case for my other exam it said was scheduled for today (I know it's tuesday, not monday); go to turn in a paper due today for the same class. Talk to professor about another thing I missed (in part due to the cold I had all of last week), ask when the final class is.

SUDDENLY IT HITS ME.

Today is not 2/19. Today is 2/18. /facepalm

Goddamnit. I could have slept in. This all stems from the fact that I checked the date yesterday. Except apparently I checked after midnight, making it today. WHY CAN'T DATES CHANGE AT A SENSIBLE TIME LIKE 4AM WHEN YOU'RE EITHER ASLEEP OR FULLY AWARE THAT IT IS NOW A NEW DAY. I completely screwed up my schedule thinking everything was today. And now it's not. D:
Only one reasonable course of action. You get to go back to bed, dude!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: GAME OVER MAN Edition
« Reply #20986 on: February 18, 2013, 10:58:54 am »

Raging at my stomach, which is raging back at me. For some reason, every Monday morning, I wake up nauseous as hell. Sometimes I puke, like this morning. I don't know why this is anymore. Sometimes I think it's because I eat too much before going to bed, even though I try to give myself an hour after having some dessert and a glass of milk. Maybe it's the 6 or 7 hours of sleep I get between Sunday and Monday, versus the 9+ I get on the weekends. Or maybe my stomach is secretly waging a war of attrition against me. I don't know, but I'm sick of feeling this way and/or missing Mondays at work. Not to mention I'm completely out of sick leave because of it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Monday Morning Edition
« Reply #20987 on: February 18, 2013, 02:18:17 pm »

It seems I'm a bit late to the party, but I was looking up news for Command and Conquer and I found this- http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/ea-makes-command-conquer-generals-2-free .
I can't even summon up the effort to write about this.  I have given up all hope that EA might of been able to redeem themselves.  I have finally said goodbye to my most beloved franchise, the one that brought be into video games, into the world of strategy and tactics. 
Never played the games, but why the fuck would you remove the single-player. In an FPS? Alright. Most FPSs are made for multiplayer anyway. But in a FUCKING RTS? SERIOUSLY EA? I can see that they would remove it in an F2P game, but F2P generally insinuates MP-only, but an RTSMMO is just plain retarded.

E: Look at the bright side, I think they didn't buy out a small company and monsterize it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20988 on: February 18, 2013, 02:29:48 pm »

It seems I'm a bit late to the party, but I was looking up news for Command and Conquer and I found this- http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/ea-makes-command-conquer-generals-2-free .
I can't even summon up the effort to write about this.  I have given up all hope that EA might of been able to redeem themselves.  I have finally said goodbye to my most beloved franchise, the one that brought be into video games, into the world of strategy and tactics. 
Never played the games, but why the fuck would you remove the single-player. In an FPS? Alright. Most FPSs are made for multiplayer anyway. But in a FUCKING RTS? SERIOUSLY EA? I can see that they would remove it in an F2P game, but F2P generally insinuates MP-only, but an RTSMMO is just plain retarded.

E: Look at the bright side, I think they didn't buy out a small company and monsterize it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood_Studios
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20989 on: February 18, 2013, 02:35:08 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood_Studios

I was about to say. But yes, fuck EA sideways with a Mammoth. The one from Tiberian Sun.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20990 on: February 18, 2013, 04:07:34 pm »

Ya'll do know that after EA bought them up and fucked them over, the guys from Westwood went and formed a new company.

Ever heard of Petroglyph? The company was formed by the last group of ex-Westwood Studios employees who resigned when Westwood Pacific was shut down by Electronic Arts in 2003, effectively assimilating Westwood Studios into the EA Pacific studios in Los Angeles to form EA Los Angeles.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20991 on: February 18, 2013, 04:10:25 pm »

They mostly make  MMORTS'es though.*

Only really liked their first titles.

*Ie, the very same thing that was raged against the page before. Still, it appears these are at least decent MMORTS's.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:38:21 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20992 on: February 18, 2013, 05:03:19 pm »

Petroglyph is pretty decent, yes. They've shown that you can have MMORTS, and you can have no basebuilding if done well. But they'll never get the rights back for C&C unless someone smites EA into little fragments. In the meantime, EA is making a goddamn bloody idiotic mess of everything C&C-related.

Tiberium Twilight: They hid the entirety of the basebuilding inside one 'class' (why do we even need classes in a single-player RTS that also happens to have MP?), and it doesn't even matter if you do the GDI or the Nod campaign: Theres only one ending. (granted it still ends in Kane's favor, but thats hardly unexpected.)

Tiberium Alliances, the "browser C&C".

Generals 2: See above posts.

I don't even want to speculate what they want to do with Red Alert. (I liked RA3, though I haven't played RA2 yet)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:05:18 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20993 on: February 18, 2013, 07:19:04 pm »

RAEG:
It never fails; whenever there's an update to a game on Steam, it always starts downloading while I'm playing Diablo 3 and only when I'm on Diablo 3, rather than any other time when I wouldn't care.

Woo, sudden unexplainable lagspikes!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20994 on: February 18, 2013, 07:26:45 pm »

RAEG:
It never fails; whenever there's an update to a game on Steam, it always starts downloading while I'm playing Diablo 3 and only when I'm on Diablo 3, rather than any other time when I wouldn't care.

Woo, sudden unexplainable lagspikes!
Are you sure thats Steam and not D3 being D3? Last I heard random unexplained lagspikes were part of the challenge. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #20995 on: February 18, 2013, 08:03:20 pm »

My blood pressure is 169/117... Yea, I know. Getting mad over high blood pressure is counterproductive. But i don't know how I am going to fix it.

I already avoid salt and drink diet drinks. My ability to exercise is limited. I hate doctors. I have no way to keep healthy food that I like in the house with my family having taken over the kitchen. I cant afford to eat at restaurants that serve healthy food. I don't drink often enough that cutting back will make a difference.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20996 on: February 18, 2013, 08:04:34 pm »

My blood pressure is 169/117... Yea, I know. Getting mad over high blood pressure is counterproductive. But i don't know how I am going to fix it.

I already avoid salt and drink diet drinks. My ability to exercise is limited. I hate doctors. I have no way to keep healthy food that I like in the house with my family having taken over the kitchen. I cant afford to eat at restaurants that serve healthy food. I don't drink often enough that cutting back will make a difference.

And I hate pissing in a cup for the Justice Department, but we all have to do things we don't like.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20997 on: February 18, 2013, 08:11:44 pm »

Start a little vegie garden. It's very relaxing and is just such a good thing to watch something you raised yourself grow into fruit (or vegetable), and then you can eat it.

Food you grow yourself just tastes SO MUCH BETTER.

It's relaxing, it may lower your blood pressure by simple virtue of being a calming activity, and it's healthy to eat food from the garden (washed of course.)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20998 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:31 pm »

I have a quick question to ask my recently promoted Assault class Squaddie. how the hell do you have a 60% chance to hit when standing right next to the Outsider (who was flanked)? for that matter, how do you miss? AND WHY DID YOU HAVE A HIGHER CHANCE TO HIT ON A SECTOID SIXTEEN TILES AWAY IN HALF-COVER?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20999 on: February 18, 2013, 11:13:05 pm »

I think the aliens have some kind of natural evade or hittability or something.  I've seen stuff like a muton and a muton elite standing side by side and they should both have the same chance to be hit, only to see the muton elite have some crazy low %.   

I don't remember how much trouble it was to hit an outsider, but it would stand to reason they are harder to hit than a sectoid.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1398 1399 [1400] 1401 1402 ... 3345