Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700457 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Kinda Progressive Edition
« Reply #19095 on: December 17, 2012, 11:08:54 pm »

Because it's easier to lower the bar than do things properly.
Also, expenses. Costs more to do more, so usually they don't.
Of course that's due more to the fact that education is woefully underfunded. Also, what Frumple said. The teachers are by and large busy teaching. And yes, they're also almost without exception against the dumbing down of education; my aunt is a primary educator and that's one of the things we talk about above all else.  :-\

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Kinda Progressive Edition
« Reply #19096 on: December 17, 2012, 11:26:45 pm »

Is education "woefully undefunded"? This was in RI, where that wasn't exactly the case. There's plenty of money flowing, plenty of it.

This doesn't mean it's used wisely. It doesn't mean it doesn't flow right into the pockets of administrators. But it's there. My local schools COO and Superintendent together made over 300,000 dollars salary, and I guarantee you salary was NOT the limits of their compensation. The previous COO was working for 13,000 or so, and doing a good job, but they paid her 150k severance and hired the new person this year, who's making 170k. And what do they get out of it?

Hard to say, honestly.

Note that this is a job with a normal salary in the 38k range nationwide. You can't spend 300k to fill a 40k positions and then complain there's not enough money floating around.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: December 17, 2012, 11:32:02 pm »

Just murdered my own boarding party in FTL by forgetting to turn off the pike beam. They warped onto the enemy ship a mere fraction of a second before the beam fired and I realized my mistake. I must have stared speechless at the screen for a good two minutes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19098 on: December 18, 2012, 12:12:13 am »

Horrific failure in X-Com. Only two members of my squad survived, and both Colonels died, including Simba Mensah. He died as he lived, facing down an Ethereal. He failed to kill it but by one hitpoint.

I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to recover from this one. "Operation Lost Empire" indeed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: December 18, 2012, 12:15:20 am »

I managed to cut my face with a pair of tweezers today.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19100 on: December 18, 2012, 04:12:04 am »

I managed to cut my face with a pair of tweezers today.

Uuh.. what?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19102 on: December 18, 2012, 04:28:07 am »

Those things are sharper than you think.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19103 on: December 18, 2012, 04:53:05 am »

Golems completely wrecked my house on Forsakens server. RAAAGE

Even more rage: MY PUBIC HAAAAIRS RAAAAGE
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19104 on: December 18, 2012, 05:56:20 am »

I may live to regret this, but what about them?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19105 on: December 18, 2012, 06:10:57 am »

They are everywhere, they are big and annoying and they rip themselves off wich fucking hurts. They get stuck the most horrible places. And they are way too manly :( worst is i cant shave that shit because then aaaaaa
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19106 on: December 18, 2012, 07:36:58 am »

Geography final, i get to the end. Last question is to read a text about acid rain and then fill in a few words on a picture. Except that we weren't given the words and that they could be about 15 things.
Oh, and do you think it was Dutch, where one would be expected to be able to fill them in? No, it was geography, and we hadn't seen ANYTHING about acid rain. I could understand the questions below that, asking wich part of Europe would most suffer from this, as we DID learn that Europe was heavily industrialized and populated, and it was clearly stated in the text that the main sources of acid rain were humans and industry, but i'm mainly raging on the vague picture question.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19107 on: December 18, 2012, 09:16:38 am »

They are everywhere, they are big and annoying and they rip themselves off wich fucking hurts. They get stuck the most horrible places. And they are way too manly :( worst is i cant shave that shit because then aaaaaa
Wait, what?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19108 on: December 18, 2012, 10:24:15 am »

Trim it, you silly penis dick duck goose.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 10:26:09 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19109 on: December 18, 2012, 11:29:13 am »

Battle.net is making me rage at the moment. Apparently my account has been doing something strange, so I go through the password recovery form. It won't accept my name, thus I cannot confirm it is me. I attempt to contact customer support, turns out that I need to log in to do so. Even selecting "I can't log in" as an option requires me to log in.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 3345