Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701887 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Kinda Progressive Edition
« Reply #19050 on: December 15, 2012, 08:37:33 pm »

I really never understood the accusation that because the teachers can't have official pray time, Schools are GODLESS SCIENTIFIC HELL-HOLES.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Kinda Progressive Edition
« Reply #19051 on: December 15, 2012, 08:41:40 pm »

False dichotomies etc. etc.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19052 on: December 15, 2012, 09:18:36 pm »

Just discovered today that my garage has been infested by Cluster Flies.  At least, I'm pretty sure that's what's up.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19053 on: December 15, 2012, 09:20:24 pm »

I really never understood the accusation that because the teachers can't have official pray time, Schools are GODLESS SCIENTIFIC HELL-HOLES.
Because if good little God-fearing Christian children go several hours without being bombarded by religious propaganda, the unthinkable might happen: they may develop sufficient mental flexibility to make their own choices.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19054 on: December 15, 2012, 09:27:51 pm »

And that's at BOTH sides. Looking at you, Dawkins. And you, intolerant theists.

... What exactly has Dawkins done to earn your scorn that even approaches something as fucked up as saying children should die because God isn't in schools?
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19055 on: December 15, 2012, 09:28:53 pm »

Because if good little God-fearing Christian children go several hours without being bombarded by religious propaganda, the unthinkable might happen: they may develop sufficient mental flexibility to make their own choices.  ::)

It's pretty much straight-up this.  Rabid fundies are very conscious of the fact that their style of thinking does not infect beyond a certain level of maturity and independent thought ability.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19056 on: December 15, 2012, 09:55:52 pm »

Just discovered today that my garage has been infested by Cluster Flies.  At least, I'm pretty sure that's what's up.

I saw that and totally thought of flies that release smaller flies like a clusterbomb.

WTF, brain?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19057 on: December 15, 2012, 09:56:39 pm »

I'm for prayers at school, as long as it's for ARMOK or !!SCIENCE!!.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19058 on: December 15, 2012, 10:05:12 pm »

I saw that and totally thought of flies that release smaller flies like a clusterbomb.

WTF, brain?

This.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19059 on: December 15, 2012, 10:06:02 pm »

WTF, brain?

It's worse. Imagine a cloud of black. Then imagine walking up to it.

The self control it took for me to not burn that house down.

*Shudders*

I'm for prayers at school, as long as it's for ARMOK or !!SCIENCE!!.
Remember kids, Armok is like Yahweh but twice as nutritional!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19060 on: December 15, 2012, 10:07:25 pm »

And only half as bloodthirsty!

Oh jeez I'm sorry :[
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19061 on: December 15, 2012, 10:11:53 pm »

And only half as bloodthirsty!

Hmm... Well Armok in theory makes and unmakes worlds at a whim like a massive cosmic dreamer. And Armok doesn't actually kill anyone directly; Armok just unmakes/makes things into existence and anything that dies is either its own fault or anything that's not Armok, whereas Yahweh is just rollin' rollin' rollin' in a field of skulls and hellfire.

Is rendering something's existence obsolete killing? Is waking up from a dream murder?

Philosophy is harder when you're an omnipotent being that needs child prayer.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19062 on: December 15, 2012, 10:13:34 pm »

I swear if I have to put up with my parents for much longer I will have to destroy something irreplaceable. Between the constant onslaught of backhanded comments from my father and the patronizing babying of my mother and not having the internet to retreat to most of the time, I have literally been chewing on my fingers so much that one started bleeding from all the stress. This all feels waaay too much like highschool again. Maybe highschool wasn't the problem back then, perhaps it was my fucking parents!

I need to move overseas or something. Far, far away. I just really don't want to talk to them anymore. I used to think I had a good relationship with my parents. That was back when I had pretty much no self respect. Correlation?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19063 on: December 15, 2012, 10:21:38 pm »

WTF, brain?

It's worse. Imagine a cloud of black. Then imagine walking up to it.

The self control it took for me to not burn that house down.

*Shudders*

Nothing that horrible.  More like I just rolled into the garage, saw about 80 horsefly-sized flies hanging out on the walls, and literally screamed "WHAT THE FUCK!!!"

Though it sounds like there could be many more in hiding that just didn't choose to come out today.  They've probably been hiding for at least a month.  We only found out about it today because it's the first time the temperature has approached 60F in like 3 weeks.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19064 on: December 15, 2012, 10:24:20 pm »

Saw a video of a certain ultra-right-wing pundit essentially blaming the First Amendment for the kindergarten shooting. I now have the strangest urge to shake a certain someone by the neck a few times...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 ... 3345