Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705240 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: HP Fuckery Edition
« Reply #18645 on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:39 pm »

Is there a way to see if your Amazon order has shipped yet? Scelly reminded me about shipping trackers and now I need to know.
Think so. I remember obsessively staring at the order for my tablet last year.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18646 on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »

but also to serve as a deterrent for companies to do something that puts their customers at risk.

So now we have to buy plastic kitchen knives because real ones are too dangerous?

Well, to be honest, knives either come sheathed, boxed in a solid holder, or not pre-sharpened, so even there there's a margin of built-in safety. Also, a knife is specifically intended and designed to cut things. Coffee is not inherently designed to scald butterfingered customers.
And it is, indeed, too much of a legal risk to facilitate reckless injury when numbskulls get involved in the equation.

Case in point: Firecrackers in my country. The only ones that can be legally purchased without a licence anymore are stuff with the explosive equivalent of a dry grasshopper. I can find better explosives in a hair salon.
But the thing is, a large number of dumbasses used them to harm people, pets and property. I for one, consider myself fairly responsible when flammable materials are concerned, and there was little that brought me joy as much as the moment I first fired a roman candle that actually had recoil into the night sky, so I bemoan the lack of such devices on the market nowadays. But still, I must agree that there was a quantifiable harm being done by them, and while this may hurt merchants and hobbyists, it's sometimes more effective to not let dumbasses have anything immediately dangerous to handle instead of forcing them to be responsible for their acts, be said dumbasses corporate entities or physical individuals.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:18:37 pm by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18647 on: December 04, 2012, 07:18:43 pm »

Is there a way to see if your Amazon order has shipped yet? Scelly reminded me about shipping trackers and now I need to know.

Well my order page doesn't say anything so I'm going to assume it hasn't shipped yet.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18648 on: December 04, 2012, 07:20:29 pm »

Well my order page doesn't say anything so I'm going to assume it hasn't shipped yet.

Are you sure your payment actually went through? Ended up ordering some books one time, and it was about a week later that Amazon tells my dad that the bank refused the transaction because they didn't trust Amazon enough.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18649 on: December 04, 2012, 07:21:28 pm »

Also, usually you get a 'Your x has shipped!" email.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18650 on: December 04, 2012, 07:25:09 pm »

Goddammit brain, not that kind of shipping!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18651 on: December 04, 2012, 07:35:31 pm »

Thinkgeek has still not shipped my edible zombie skin, caffinated gum, and fruit-that-makes-sour-things-taste-sweet tablets. Dammit, thinkgeek. I want my pointless and silly candies nao!
They sell miracle fruit tablets?

*also wonders about the undead flesh*
Seaweed.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18652 on: December 04, 2012, 08:49:38 pm »

I got the "Your X has shipped!" email. I don't need to stalk their page; my email does that for me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18653 on: December 04, 2012, 09:01:34 pm »

I'm waiting for my two Sufferer pendants from What Pumpkin to ship. One is for Daryll, who actually IS Cancer (I would have gotten it for him regardless) and the other for me.

I got the "Your thing be shipped, yo!" email, but the tracking link doesn't work for meeee. :C
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18654 on: December 04, 2012, 09:31:08 pm »

Your Descan X Kai fiction will be in the mail soon!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18655 on: December 04, 2012, 09:32:05 pm »

O rly?
I didn't know one of you actually wrote that down. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18656 on: December 04, 2012, 09:44:21 pm »

O rly?

Dude, I've got a library of Bay12 Shipping. Including, and this is really out of left field, as I'm straight, me shipped with the entire San Francisco Fire Department.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18657 on: December 04, 2012, 09:45:05 pm »

O rly?

Dude, I've got a library of Bay12 Shipping. Including, and this is really out of left field, as I'm straight, me shipped with the entire San Francisco Fire Department.
I don't want to know who's in that library, do I?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18658 on: December 04, 2012, 09:46:55 pm »

You just want your section, or do I need to show you the Dewey Decimal System'd inventory of all the ships?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18659 on: December 04, 2012, 09:48:17 pm »

I'm almost scared to think about how I could possibly fit into this library of debauched digital fiction. :P
Pages: 1 ... 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 ... 3345