Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701856 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porkalypse Edition
« Reply #15705 on: September 30, 2012, 10:36:37 am »

"Shitty all the time" isn't better than "shitty some of the time" :P
For mysterious reasons I can not understand nor explain, IE has proven the most reliable browser to run on my PC. I got chrome, and firefox installed, but chrome lags for some reason, and has caught word adds. Firefox crashes randomly.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15706 on: September 30, 2012, 12:08:14 pm »

My family member: blah blah blah ban video games blah blah blah blah corrupting the youth blah blah blah

me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXCjxa29odc&feature=g-user-u

it what i showed her... but then she said it only proved her point.

fuuuuu...
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15707 on: September 30, 2012, 12:15:27 pm »

My family member: blah blah blah ban video games blah blah blah blah corrupting the youth blah blah blah

fuuuuu...
wat.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15708 on: September 30, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »

fuuuuu...

What you could have done instead was directing said family member to a specific trope.

According to accounts recorded by his student Plato, Socrates was hostile toward writing (which, while not exactly new in his time, was still the latest medium to come down the pike). Essentially, Socrates claimed that putting an idea down in written form "killed" it by depriving it of a mind in which to "live", making it worthless. His argument can be found in a dialogue as... written in The Phaedrus. This, of course, makes this trope Older Than Feudalism.

That's right folks! Writing words corrupts youth!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15709 on: September 30, 2012, 12:27:24 pm »

For mysterious reasons I can not understand nor explain, IE has proven the most reliable browser to run on my PC. I got chrome, and firefox installed, but chrome lags for some reason, and has caught word adds. Firefox crashes randomly.
Which version of IE? Because as of 9, it's remarkably not shit. I still prefer other browsers, but IE's very much in the "I can live with this" camp.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: September 30, 2012, 12:41:04 pm »

fuuuuu...

What you could have done instead was directing said family member to a specific trope.

According to accounts recorded by his student Plato, Socrates was hostile toward writing (which, while not exactly new in his time, was still the latest medium to come down the pike). Essentially, Socrates claimed that putting an idea down in written form "killed" it by depriving it of a mind in which to "live", making it worthless. His argument can be found in a dialogue as... written in The Phaedrus. This, of course, makes this trope Older Than Feudalism.

Oh gods, we're corrupting the youth! Quick, sacrifice a few of them to Hades! That'll fix this problem!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15711 on: September 30, 2012, 12:47:52 pm »

Adblock for chrome is a thing.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15712 on: September 30, 2012, 12:51:08 pm »

True, IE9 seems to be gaining in the 'workable' category. But Firefox still works the best on here so I can't be bothered with it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #15713 on: September 30, 2012, 01:17:54 pm »

Looks like all that stress and overeating over the last few months added up, I'm officially one pants size bigger now :/

Queue ridicule from my family for being overweight.

edit: I guess what really makes me mad is I have to make significant changes to my lifestyle to keep from blowing up like a balloon, while everyone else can just eat whatever they want and lose weight anyway.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:21:50 pm by Euld »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: September 30, 2012, 01:27:56 pm »

fuuuuu...

"ARE YOU TAKING NOTES AGAIN, PLATO?!?"  >:(

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: September 30, 2012, 01:41:49 pm »

Which version of IE? Because as of 9, it's remarkably not shit. I still prefer other browsers, but IE's very much in the "I can live with this" camp.
IE 8

Adblock for chrome is a thing.
Adblock for chrome doesn't stop the word add thingy. In fact, the problem is part of chrome, as Ie has no sign of them.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #15716 on: September 30, 2012, 08:27:39 pm »

IE9 is fine, but it's still a bit slower in responding than Chrome (or Firefox, I might reluctantly add). That's why I'm still using Chrome :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15717 on: September 30, 2012, 08:39:29 pm »

I hate how chrome keeps tightening down on configuration options. And since firefox seems to be continually expanding them...

I switched over to Firefox at work SOLELY because chrome no longer allows you to remove the x from every. single. tab. and I kept closing out windows I wanted to switch to. On firefox, I've just removed the x-es completely.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15718 on: September 30, 2012, 08:45:58 pm »

Opera representin'. Still the lowest memory imprint per tab I've found ♫

Still getting back into the swing of things, though. Only twenty tabs open :-\

That'll change, kekeke.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #15719 on: September 30, 2012, 08:55:17 pm »

because chrome no longer allows you to remove the x from every. single. tab.

Huh, I just realized that the x's are permanent now. ._.

And that was one of the things I liked too.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 3345