Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701118 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15300 on: September 24, 2012, 04:59:54 pm »

"I picked a bad day to quit doing methamphetamines"
Surely you must be joking?
I never joke. And don't call me Shirley
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15301 on: September 24, 2012, 09:39:18 pm »

I would like to point out that you're posting that from a computer containing no small amount of plastic, made from oil, and other various toxic metals. Which is powered by the burning of fossil fuels, and wired through miles of copper that was dug up from the earth with heavily polluting machinery.

This logic always makes me rage. Oh, yeah, because small steps mean fucking nothing. I've seen the same argument against electric cars: "where do you think that electricity is coming from???" Well, sir, maybe it's be better to use an already-existing pollutant than to add a new one.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: September 24, 2012, 09:43:34 pm »

Also, the internet's worth outweighs the environmental impact of keeping it up and available. I can guarantee that the environmentalist movement would not be as strong without the internet and its ability to propagate important ideas.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: September 24, 2012, 09:53:20 pm »

I hate trees anyway.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: September 24, 2012, 09:56:56 pm »

Why?  Trees are awesome, they protect from the horrible Daystar, and are also homes to cute furry animals.  They also glisten beautifully after horrible ice storms and blizzards.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: September 24, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »

I fucking hate math.

I am sorry to say that I misread that. Don't do meth, MSH.
You're talking to the guy who is apparently the only guy not engaged in underage drinking and marijuana consumption of the 24,000 people who attend my current academic institution.

a) I'm still not sure why you don't drink
b) Seriously though, don't do meth

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: September 24, 2012, 10:01:29 pm »

Hey, I didn't drink until I was 21.  Don't pressure MSH into something he doesn't want to do, it's ultimately a good idea not to intoxicate oneself.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15307 on: September 24, 2012, 10:07:25 pm »

Why?  Trees are awesome, they protect from the horrible Daystar, and are also homes to cute furry animals.  They also glisten beautifully after horrible ice storms and blizzards.
They're leafy, don't protect against the daystar nearly as well as pretty much anything more solid than a cloud, and worst of all, they have spiders in 'em.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck spiders where I'm goin'. I'm the one trampling on their home but fuck if I wanted to do it. I'd rather stay indoors or in an urban environment where the spiders are out of the way and do their job without bothering me.

So of course I live in the suburbs in florida, home of twelve inch mosquitoes, the brown widow, and bannana spiders. eugh.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: September 24, 2012, 10:56:32 pm »

I had a pet banana spider once... well, a few times. Insofar as it made a web on the porch and we occasionally tossed bugs into said web.

As for trees. I like trees for the same reason I like grass, beyond the whole gas cycling thing. Roots.

Roots are also the reason any Floridian or coastal/flood-plain dweller loves trees, and grass, and plants in general. They're one of the primary reasons the whole bloody place doesn't just sweep off down river and out to sea.

Well... maybe that would be an improvement, I'unno. Swamps can go bugger themselves, though I admit I like the sound of a bog. Most of my beef with swamps come from the whole heat and humidity (and the biosphere-related consequences thereof) thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: September 24, 2012, 11:25:35 pm »

I'd like to have a pet coconut crab, if it wouldn't die in this climate.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: September 24, 2012, 11:29:31 pm »

a) I'm still not sure why you don't drink
-Illegal.
-Will cause developmental damage under 25.
-Fuck my roommate's entire lifestyle.
-Cirrhosis
-I am an angry, very impulsive person and would prefer not to see the results of having my inhibitions turned down.
-Never wanted to in the first place.
-My father is an Annoying Drunk, which is a bad sign for me. Not as bad as an Angry Drunk, but still.
b) Seriously though, don't do meth
ಠ_ಠ
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: September 24, 2012, 11:36:42 pm »

I drink at family gatherings. Nothing wrong with a little red wine now and then, or the occasional beer when you can get a really good dark one. And I may or may not have had the occasional screwdriver (or straight shot of vodka) when I was stressed back in high school, but I gave it up. In any case, drinking isn't a bad thing so long as you're doing it as part of a larger thing (a meal, socializing, etc.); if you're drinking to get drunk or drinking alone, that's when the problems start.

But hey, I found out early that I'm a total lightweight and a happy drunk; two glasses of champagne on New Years (it was the cheapest bottle we could find, but was real French champagne, though we never got any more because it was still $40) got me giggling at everything. Which really shouldn't come as a surprise to me, given my body type.

Then we let our dog lick out the flutes and he got a little tipsy too. I miss that dog, he was damned near perfect.  :'(

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: September 25, 2012, 12:28:44 am »

I heard it was 23 or something.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: September 25, 2012, 12:33:56 am »

I heard it was 23 or something.
Either way I'm still growing grey matter and would prefer to not mess with that.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: September 25, 2012, 12:34:28 am »

MFW I realise that I am older than you: T_T
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 3345