Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701845 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Peanutbutter Fatality Edition
« Reply #14775 on: September 10, 2012, 08:58:25 pm »

Computer hung while I was updating Path of Exile. Now I have to re-download 4.42 GB of data.
The patch isn't that big, what were you downloading?
Computer hung = game data is now corrupted = re-download whole game.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Peanutbutter Fatality Edition
« Reply #14776 on: September 10, 2012, 08:59:49 pm »

I think you have a right to go on a righteous angry rant about letting you have a say in such matters rather than having people assume what you want for you.

Probably, but I'm just so damn chill about things. I mean fuck, my blood's boiling and my response to my grandmother was "I'm not mad, I was never mad, this is a big misunderstanding. Call them, tell them I love them and that there's no animosity. I'm doing homework (I omitted the "and posting on bay12") and I'll call them tomorrow to sort things out."

This is why I've rarely been in fights that weren't set up beforehand. I just can't get worked up past the point of reason about normal things. Now if you're near and dear to me and I see a cigarette in your mouth I will go fucking apeshit and kick your ass, but anything shy of that I'm pretty chill.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: September 10, 2012, 09:12:56 pm »

Look on the bright side. You're clearly not cleaving toward your family tendencies. :P

Mother. Fucking. WRONG.

That really sold it, btw. For being chill you know how to RAEG in text.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: September 10, 2012, 09:24:28 pm »

Look on the bright side. You're clearly not cleaving toward your family tendencies. :P

Mother. Fucking. WRONG.

That really sold it, btw. For being chill you know how to RAEG in text.

I blame homestuck

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: September 10, 2012, 10:31:47 pm »

Sorry to de(re?)rail, but holy fucking shit. My entire extended family is warring because of me, and I didn't even know it. Some relation to me is a professor and refused to write me a recommendation for a program because he felt that a letter from a family member teaching in an unrelated field, no matter how well-published, wouldn't benefit me. I agreed completely and left it at that.

A few months later I get rejected from the program because I'm too "research oriented" and lacking leadership roles. This is understandable seeing as how they don't want people accepted to their program to go off and get a PhD instead, effectively wasting the spot. So I'm getting involved in the more clinical aspects of medicine while getting leadership positions in clubs.

A few months later and I'm in school. I get a call from my grandmother on my cell phone asking why my mom is so angry with her. It turns out my grandmother yelled at the guy who wouldn't write me a recommendation. My grandmother is a little protective and meddling, so this is to be expected. I told her that I wasn't mad at all with the guy, that I understood right away when he told me that his recommendation wouldn't help me at all, and that I loved him and his wife to death seeing as how they're both infinitely nice people. Problem resolved right?

Mother. Fucking. WRONG. It turns out the whole damn thing started when my MOTHER called this guy's wife (my mom's cousin) and told her never to talk to us again because I was emotionally devastated and my life was ruined by not getting in. Apparently my mother blames the whole thing on him not writing me a recommendation, rather than accepting that I was simply unsuited to the program. The worst part? I went out and filled the open recommendation with one from a professor who liked me, knew me in class, and who gave me an A for great effort and accomplishment in the course. Not only this, but the course I had this professor for was ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, much more important to my field than what my relative works in.

Tl;dr My extended family hasn't talked to each other in months because of me despite the fact that I have not been, or even felt slighted. It's a crying shame too, because we all recently took a vacation together and had a great time.
Tie them all together with duct tape and start a speech with, "Alright, let's calm down and listen now..."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: September 10, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »

We're spread all along the east coast, from (sometimes) Florida to Montreal. That would require a glorious amount of duct tape.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: September 10, 2012, 10:44:34 pm »

We're spread all along the east coast, from (sometimes) Florida to Montreal. That would require a glorious amount of duct tape.
And glorious it shall be.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: September 10, 2012, 10:49:16 pm »

Amorphous+. Why am I playing this again? I'm going to give myself a heart attack getting these medals.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14783 on: September 10, 2012, 10:53:31 pm »

Amorphous+. Why am I playing this again? I'm going to give myself a heart attack getting these medals.
Arguably the best flash game in existence :3

Also got all the medals already >:£

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: September 10, 2012, 10:54:47 pm »

I've restarted it about six or seven times now. The farthest I've ever gotten is 84/120 medals. I know I can get them all, I just never stay interested long enough.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14785 on: September 10, 2012, 10:57:16 pm »

I've restarted it about six or seven times now. The farthest I've ever gotten is 84/120 medals. I know I can get them all, I just never stay interested long enough.
Every time you feel like quitting, cut off a toe. That usually works.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: September 10, 2012, 10:58:17 pm »

So I just found out you can use the sword to deflect the turret's shots in different directions.

There are so many little things in this game to find out about...
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure Reccetear is actively trying to prevent me from winning on the first loop. Just about everything is getting marked down (less profit) and the only things getting marked up are things I don't have. Customers come in selling highly valuable treasures while buying marked-down candy in return. I go to the dungeon and every random event involves the monsters doing double damage or having more defense. The upshot of all of this is if I want to continue the game and not start over (though with all of my inventory), I have to make 180,000 pix in just one day  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14788 on: September 10, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »

So I just found out you can use the sword to deflect the turret's shots in different directions.

There are so many little things in this game to find out about...
It's also possible to deflect a bullet into your brain :x

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: September 11, 2012, 05:00:40 am »

Goddamn morons I have to put up with, watching bullshit reality TV shows in the same room as me. (Big Brother, X Factor, the list goes on.)
I can't watch/play a thing on the television without cries of "DURR DAT AM BAD LANGUAGE" or "DIS TOO SCARY FOR ME", but if I have the hide to point how fucking vapid their show of choice is, suddenly I'm a 'self-centred bastard' and they jump down my throat. Go to hell. >:(

This rubbish isn't limited to TV matters, either. I have to put up with it all the goddamn time.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 3345