Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703007 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14670 on: September 06, 2012, 07:34:05 am »

O.o That story makes me glad I have a CAA membership... I'm pretty sure I can just call a tow truck
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14671 on: September 06, 2012, 08:26:41 am »

I probably could have used my brother's AAA membership if I really wanted to.  The thing is though, I've never had to do this and I figured now was a good time to learn.  Now I know how.  :)

Thankfully the tire damage can be repaired, so I'm not out a tire at least.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14672 on: September 06, 2012, 08:57:59 am »

Lol yeah I guess, its always good to make a learning experience out of something if you can. I probably would have just sat there scratching my head though xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14673 on: September 06, 2012, 10:42:12 am »

I had a flat tire yesterday as I was leaving work, which is the first time I've ever had to deal with one.  It wasn't really all that rage inducing, since I had a spare and a vague idea of how it worked, but darn it I just wanted to go home and not have to deal with something like that.

I learned two important lessons that day.

1. How to change a tire.
2. Changing a tire is absolutely exhausting if you're out of shape and don't really know what you're doing

The process took me 30 minutes.  Half of that was spent figuring out how to remove the jack from the trunk and how to use this very bizarrely shaped handle for the jack.  Removing the tire itself was also surprisingly difficult, even once I'd removed the lugs.  I had to use the tire iron's flat to actually pry the thing off.

I'm also kind of annoyed that I'm sore across most of my body today.  Am I seriously that out of shape?
Good gravy. I changed my brakes in that amount of time yesterday. Granted, it was only the front ones, and my father's a racecar mechanic, but damn. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14674 on: September 06, 2012, 12:45:00 pm »

And changing a tire can be a bitch. I'm not in shape either, and when I was trying to get my old car's tire off (a shitty little busted up Geo Prizm) I had to get my dad to help. He used a damned sledgehammer to knock the tire off. It was pretty cool to watch.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14675 on: September 06, 2012, 12:51:02 pm »

Had to change my tire once when I came out and found one slashed in the school parking lot. Brand new, too  >:(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: September 06, 2012, 03:56:46 pm »

I dispise gardening.
In fact I loath it with an ever burning fury.
But sometimes you just have to do things you hate.
My mothers front garden boarders a very nice family next door who want to build a wall so they'll be more comfortable letting their very young child wander the driveway.
On the boarder is a couple of shin high bushes and three coniferous trees.
Now the trees are unlike the bushes in that they've thrived and grown to be twice again as tall as me (except the one that just turned brown and died for no discernable reason)
In order to accomadate this new wall me and my two brothers are ordered to dig up the trees.
We have a single spade and our bare hands to do this.
The two live trees where well rooted into the ground and the soil they're planted is a chewing gum like mess that contains all the left over debris from building the estate (the wonders of having one of the last houses finished).
Well we've been told we have to take it up so one of us slices through the roots with the spade while the other two pull.

Now I hate gardening and pulling a tree out of the ground like that leaves your hands covered in small cuts and a sap that stings if it gets into them but it still isn't rage worthy.
No the rage came when we where told to plant the trees in the flower bed the other side of the driveway.
The width of said flower bed is the same as the length of my shoe.
Ignoring the fact that the soil in the flowerbed had only been used to grow decideous flowers and hence had different soil conditions, most of the trees was left in the ground and yet without any roots left to anchor them the stumps they had left where still too big to fit.
We bent, twisted and brute forced them into place, secured them with concrete (anytime we dig around here we find dozens of lumps of the stuff) bambo and string and covered them with fresh compost.
Three cookies to whomever correctly guesses how many days until they turn brown.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14677 on: September 06, 2012, 03:58:06 pm »

We have to write an essay.

about a 14 page new yorker article.

That is depressing as fuck.

Specifically, we have to write two pages about THE FUCKiNG TRANSITIONS BETWEEN TWO SECTIONS.

WHAT THE FUCK?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: September 06, 2012, 04:00:11 pm »

We have to write an essay.

about a 14 page new yorker article.

That is depressing as fuck.

Specifically, we have to write two pages about THE FUCKiNG TRANSITIONS BETWEEN TWO SECTIONS.

WHAT THE FUCK?
Sounds like someone is trying to make up work, or its something to do with an english major.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14679 on: September 06, 2012, 08:30:42 pm »

Really petty, but the latest steam update broke gmod and it crashes on server join. According to a thread on FP, the beta for the new version might still work, so my raeg might recede soon.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14680 on: September 07, 2012, 11:11:09 am »

Goddamned Department of Social Services. I get letter(read:my mother read the letter and told me about it in idle convesation at some point afterwards) saying my benefits were cut off. So, spending most of my Labor Day weekend figuring how royally screwed I was, causing no small amount of distress, I go in Tuesday to find that some retard there checked off the wrong thing on my paperwork, so they were expecting my landlord(stepdad) to send in a form he wasn't actually supposed to(and didn't know about).

And then going to the bus stop the other day, I suddenly find myself in a swarm of bees. One of them crawled into my pocket and stung me in the leg through my pants. Found the bastard a few minutes later chilling in my wallet(I promptly crushed him in the wallet). My leg is kinda itchy, and slightly swollen now. Nearly got stung again the next day. The only good thing about this is knowing that bees are the sole reason flamethrowers are legal in this country.

And lastly, I'm getting kinda sick about college students arguing about prices and policies of the bookstore. They often argue(with me; my job is to watch the door) about our policy of having people leave their backpacks and textbooks by the door, and saying it's because we think they're going to steal stuff(note, that's entirely the reason). I'm also annoyed about hearing that some of the professors are starting to get mad because we don't have enough of the books they require in stock, and many of the ones we've run out of were ones we started with a crapload of.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: September 07, 2012, 12:14:39 pm »

Sorry greatorder, but that's kinda hilarious.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:07 pm »

Skyrim! Why you so horribly horribly bugged! Why you not letting me finish the Imperial questline AAAARGH!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:41 pm »

So greatorder, who was she? Or he?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: September 07, 2012, 12:23:36 pm »

Wading through a full page of GameStop spam(somehow in my inbox and not spam) to find my HIB3 email to update Cortex Command(no, it didn't update, I just never got the Techion stuff). And that's not the stuff in my spam folder, including one that says I got a video on my Facebook page that is URGENT(note, I have no Facebook page). Or the goddamned spam phone calls.

Should never have signed up for that PowerUp Rewards crap. Sure the 10% discount(I think) on used games is nice enough, but I'm still pissed about my personal information being sold like that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 977 978 [979] 980 981 ... 3345