Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708366 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: VROOM VROOM! Edition
« Reply #13140 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55:23 am »

Cold dry weather is the best.
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13141 on: July 07, 2012, 09:04:52 am »

This, or cool, wet weather. Anything as long as it isn't hot or (cold and wet). Brackets added for clarity.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13142 on: July 07, 2012, 09:08:37 am »

Actually, I never used to mind rain. Now that I think of it, it's more something that's been impressed on me by family members/parents. Also not going out in the rain is probably an excuse my lazy subconscious uses to get out of excercising. :P I did end up going for a run.
About weather, well, I used to much prefer cold places to warm, but after spending a few winters in a hotter climate, (and losing a lot of insulating fat :P) I've lost my resistance to cold. Oh well, at least these days I don't melt in the heat.

On to more RAGE: Before I moved here, there was a long period (Around 2 to 3 years) where I never got sick. Ever. Even my asthma pretty much went away. This was just after I had lost a lot of weight, going from being seriously overweight to slightly underweight.
Now, after living here for a while and leading an incredibly unhealthy lifestyle, (compared to before, at least) I've put on weight again, have attacks of asthma pretty much at least once every day, and have become quite susceptible to colds. :(
It doesn't help that the sheer amount of motor traffic in this area makes going for a walk/run during daytime difficult, especially for antisocial old me. (Actually I rarely leave my house, if I can help it.) It's gotten to the point that I usually reserve a half-hour period from 11:30 to midnight for a run around the block.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: July 07, 2012, 09:34:35 am »

So much this. All of it. No weather I dislike less than humid except hot and humid. It's really hot and humid here today as well, by the way. Thankfully there is at least a small breeze as well most of the time, or I would have gone insane. Got all doors and as many windows I can open to maximize blow-through.
Love, scriver~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: July 07, 2012, 09:40:26 am »

I guess people without dry skin problems have an easier time of low humidity. I got a lot better as I got older, but as a kid my face was constantly dry and cracking. There was a weird abrasion around my mouth that lasted a year. And I still wake up in the middle of the night itching.

Screw low humidity.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #13145 on: July 07, 2012, 11:03:00 am »

Stepdad was being a dick this week. No idea why. My real dad suggested he ran out of painkillers, and it's probably true.

Yes. The whole damned thing is nonsense. Insurance really, really needs to be streamlined.
I read in the newspaper that a woman whose throat was slashed by her psychotic husband right in front of their children(she survived, but he, however, fled from the cops and got killed by a car) was denied by her insurance company for the $25,000 bill to clean up all the blood, because the throat-slashing was "intentional".

Even the Department of Finance said "Are you fucking kidding me?!" Specifically, they said "we can't comment on a specific case, but an innocent spouse shouldn't be punished for the guilty spouse".

In that same newspaper, I read that a lifeguard was fired for saving someone that was slightly off the beach property. Six other lifeguards protested, and they were immediately fired too. Can't wait to see people drowning like droves of lemmings on that beach.

So much this. All of it. No weather I dislike less than humid except hot and humid. It's really hot and humid here today as well, by the way. Thankfully there is at least a small breeze as well most of the time, or I would have gone insane. Got all doors and as many windows I can open to maximize blow-through.
100°F and humid here. And my room has terrible ventilation, only two small windows that don't allow much airflow, but plenty of whatever bugs are constantly biting me in my sleep.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13146 on: July 07, 2012, 11:53:49 am »

Hm, i like medium temperatures, anywhere between 15 and 25 degrees celcius is fine.
Below its a bit cold, not very cold, and above is too warm for me.
Humidity isnt a problem in belgium, and i cant remember expiriencing anything else then medium humidity.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: July 07, 2012, 03:59:43 pm »

Dry weather kills me.  Dry skin.  Sore throats.  Bloody noses.  I wake up every morning with a painfully dry throat, unless it's really humid.  If it's really dry and I try to swallow without getting a drink first, my throat can stick shut.

Humidity + heat... depends on what I'm doing.  If I'm being active outside, I want it humid.  In dry, sunny heat, I will sunburn horribly in less than 5 minutes.  Humidity dampens the brutality of the sun a little bit.  I also don't like that I can feel myself drying out so rapidly.  I know that I'm still technically drying out in humid heat, but at least I can be consciously aware of it without having to feel the misery.

If I'm just lounging about, though, dry heat is definitely better.  No reason to feel as sticky as if I'd just run a marathon when I'm just sitting at my computer.

But cold is just better all-around.  The only downside to cold weather is it tends to be dry...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13148 on: July 07, 2012, 05:17:20 pm »

Man, not having a usable car sucks.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13149 on: July 07, 2012, 06:12:29 pm »

Perfect opportunity to build one, though.
Love, scriver~

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #13150 on: July 07, 2012, 06:18:59 pm »

I do have a truck for sale... but I think traveling literally across the entire country to do so wouldn't be the best idea.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13151 on: July 07, 2012, 06:36:35 pm »

Perfect opportunity to build one, though.
I've seriously considered building a totally electric car, but I don't have the money.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13152 on: July 07, 2012, 08:04:39 pm »

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I
HATE
SPRITING
ARMS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
くコ:彡

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13153 on: July 07, 2012, 08:08:24 pm »

Man, not having a usable car sucks.
Scratch that, car is mostly usable. New doors will be on within a week.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: July 07, 2012, 08:39:26 pm »

*pokes head through thread door*

Is the argument about driving (again) over?  :P

___

Multiple city councilpeople of [] in the past month have been investigated for stealing taxpayer money and misdirecting funds for their own benefit. Just...   >:(

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 3345