Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702060 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Poor Snake......Edition
« Reply #11985 on: June 03, 2012, 09:35:48 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfte58Xc-3Y

"I'm an ideas guy!"

F--- YOU

Watch that, and I promise you will be enraged.
.......... nope not enraged.

Want to know why?
Great open market, good sales pitch, has a great advertising connection, and basically 25k is nothing to those people so they aren't taking a huge risk. That was a good investment.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: June 03, 2012, 09:44:09 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfte58Xc-3Y

"I'm an ideas guy!"

F--- YOU

Watch that, and I promise you will be enraged.
No, it's hilarious! The level of over-the-top is pretty obviously both intentional and self-aware. What he was selling to the judges wasn't the cat drawing business, nor that he was 'creative.' If you watch more carefully, you will see what he was selling is that he is a good con-man who is more than capable of separating morons from their money; and those are always welcome business partners. He successfully passes himself off as 'stupid guy drawing stupid cat pictures.' The cat-drawing business is essentially just there as proof that he is capable of selling people the Brooklyn Bridge. And yeah, 25k is a pretty good investment for what could potentially be a high quality con-man underling.

And according to the dude's website, he's up to over 5600 cats drawn; or about 50k profits. Which at 33% stake, means the 25k has already almost paid for itself.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:48:29 pm by alway »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: June 03, 2012, 10:26:06 pm »

Actually, I saw on a recent episode of that show, he's made enough to hire 4 more artists and get office space. He's doing good.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #11988 on: June 03, 2012, 11:20:00 pm »

Heh, no, I agree. Sorry, I should have been more explicit; I actually think the guy did a damn good job of pitching as well. I meant to make my post humorous, i.e., 'that is the most pathetic skill I've ever seen and you're monetizing it that successfully? wwwwtttff', but I didn't translate the sentiment into Internetish successfully.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11990 on: June 03, 2012, 11:58:42 pm »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samir/things-that-will-drive-your-ocd-self-insane

I lost it at number 7.

Number 8 is classic tho.
... *twitch*

Why did I look? I knew I shouldn't have looked, now I'm filled with the urge to rearrange everything around me.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: June 04, 2012, 12:00:58 am »

I lost it at number 7.
Number 8 is classic tho.
#2 and 8 were the only ones that really bothered me. What bothered me the most was the improper usage of OCD.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11992 on: June 04, 2012, 12:03:51 am »

I lost it at number 7.
Number 8 is classic tho.
#2 and 8 were the only ones that really bothered me. What bothered me the most was the improper usage of OCD.
As someone with heavily repressed OCD tendencies they all bothered me. Except the packet opened from the bottom and #8, I think many years of seeing bad spelling and/or grammar on the internet has made me somewhat immune to that one, most of the time I don't even notice a lot of the errors that pop up.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: June 04, 2012, 12:10:10 am »

I lost it at number 7.
Number 8 is classic tho.
As someone with heavily repressed OCD tendencies they all bothered me. Except the packet opened from the bottom and #8, I think many years of seeing bad spelling and/or grammar on the internet has made me somewhat immune to that one, most of the time I don't even notice a lot of the errors that pop up.

And now I'm feeling crazy. Something is wrong on the internet in the universe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: June 04, 2012, 12:28:37 am »

#16 had me cheesing for some strange reason.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: June 04, 2012, 01:01:15 am »

Okay. So there's this guy on Facebook that's in the same group as me. I don't like the stuff he posts, so I've blocked him. I no longer see the stuff he posts. This is a good thing.

I am unable to stop his messages from showing up in the group chat. This is a bad thing because literally all he ever, ever, ever talks about is gay sex. I don't have a problem with him being gay, that's his business. I do have a problem with him talking about it every time he comes online in excruciating detail, since I have no way to avoid it because of Facebook's crappy design. I'm asexual, and pretty much any explicit discussion of a sexual nature makes me uncomfortable, but guy-on-guy gets a stronger negative reaction than most things. I've asked him to tone down the explicitness, but his response basically comes down to 'you blocked me, why should I listen to you?' And then goes right back to talking about, for example, his holiday plans involving being a gay furry couple's bitch next month. I wish I was making this up. He also appears to unequivocally hate all girls, real or fictional, and I'm afraid to ask why.

So yes, raging at this guy for being insensitive and disturbing me, and at Facebook for not letting me avoid him.

This rant is probably going to sound homophobic, in retrospect. To reiterate: I don't care that he's gay, I just want him to stop describing every aspect of his sex life in explicit detail in places where I can't avoid it.
くコ:彡

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: June 04, 2012, 01:23:11 am »

So I upgraded from Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04.

Holy HELL the new interface sucks. Where's my goddamn menus!? The biggest thing I felt 10.04 ubuntu had over windows is the fact I didn't need desktop icons; everything I needed could be found in 2 clicks from the menu bar at the top. Here, I've got a damn annoying launcher on the left side that can't be moved, no dropdown menus except the system one for rebooting/etc, and the main interface for selecting programs makes me search for them by typing in its name. If I don't want to search for them every time, I have to pin them to the annoying launcher on the left side. GRAAAA
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: June 04, 2012, 01:29:54 am »

So I upgraded from Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04.

Holy HELL the new interface sucks. Where's my goddamn menus!? The biggest thing I felt 10.04 ubuntu had over windows is the fact I didn't need desktop icons; everything I needed could be found in 2 clicks from the menu bar at the top. Here, I've got a damn annoying launcher on the left side that can't be moved, no dropdown menus except the system one for rebooting/etc, and the main interface for selecting programs makes me search for them by typing in its name. If I don't want to search for them every time, I have to pin them to the annoying launcher on the left side. GRAAAA
Oh hell why would you install the Unity build? Worst ubuntu distro ever, i went back to mint damnit.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11998 on: June 04, 2012, 01:34:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You don't sound homophobic at all, he sounds like he really needs to tone things down or limit his discussion to people who actually want to hear that sort of thing.  Is it possible to talk to your other group members about the problem?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: June 04, 2012, 01:35:14 am »

You're gonna want to look into a new interface. Googling around for restoring Gnome should turn some things up, if I recall. That said, it's likely that Ubuntu as a whole is going to continue in this direction and you may want to jump ship entirely sometime in the next couple of releases.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 3345