Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698477 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*rubs magic lamp*
Genie: THANK YOU FOR FREEING ME MORTAL, I SHALL GRANT YOU A WISH!
Me: I wish people weren't as stupid as they are.
Genie: Look, I can give you immortality, vast wealth, and as many beautiful women as you want, but what you're asking is a bit beyond my power.
Me: FFF[REDACTED] ...So, tell me about those beautiful women again?

Just raging about people being idiots in general. All week I've been seeing people doing stupid crap in traffic, and I'm surprised that there hasn't been any serious traffic accidents.

And why is it there is only three competent people where I work(me and two others), in a place with about 15 people total, counting staff, volunteers, and slaves? There's one guy who, accoding to the year he said he graduated high school, is supposed to be at least 8 years older than me, but acts like a damn kid, messing around, mishandling stuff, and talking crap about and towards the girls working in the front building. Then there's the fat guy, who the other day took a large trash bag of stuff from work, and yesterday tried to do it again, but I put everything he tried to hide away back into its proper place the second he left.

And I think I figured why my boss fired the warehouse manager. About a year ago, when gay marriage became legal in New York, the operations manager was fired for removing some very inflammatory comments from our Facebook page posted by the boss, including some directed at some of our major financial donors. Well, yesterday, he was going on about Obama's "Gay is OK" speech, so I'm guessing something must have happened there between him and the manager.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've also had this annoying headache for a few days now. I could barely get up this morning because of how bad it was.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:46:49 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

speaking of beautiful women i got screwed over a booty call. now i am more ragier and madder.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

speaking of beautiful women i got screwed over a booty call. now i am more ragier and madder.
You'd think that would be the optimal outcome.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

BA DUM TSH!  ;D

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

You'd think that would be the optimal outcome.
Lol i needed that

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I was called a faggot, told I was going to get stabbed, then kicked in the stomach. Hooray, youth of America.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Okay. That's a legitimate reason to be raging.

Hooray youth of america indeed.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Okay. That's a legitimate reason to be raging.

Hooray youth of america indeed.
The kid was fucking 14. A 12 year old started it and brought his friend.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

That's pretty damn horrifying. Our children are the future, indeed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

I know what you mean, and it infuriates me. Seeing the way that young people act in my town makes me fear for this country's future. It's like they literally have no fear nor any concept of the consequences of some actions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

*apocalypse music*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It feels incredibly strange to be saying this at 19, but back in my day, we had at least a little respect for other people, and we didn't do completely stupid shit for no reason. Okay, that second part was a lie, but we only did stuff that could hurt us.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

It feels incredibly strange to be saying this at 19, but back in my day, we had at least a little respect for other people, and we didn't do completely stupid shit for no reason. Okay, that second part was a lie, but we only did stuff that could hurt us.
This, except 17. I don't remember acting like that and I don't remember a whole lot of people around me acting like dumbasses.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Most people don't do stuff like that. I'm certain plenty of kids of your age, my age, everyone's age were violent and stupid, but they're still the minority.

There's also outside encouragement to consider. If kids see their parents or peers doing similar stuff, they're likely to emulate it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Douchebaggery in high school is timeless. Just look at the Romney story. That was like 100 years ago. The volume of random acts of cruelty in highschool is only slightly less than in war.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 3345