Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697025 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Honestly......Edition
« Reply #10575 on: April 23, 2012, 09:42:39 pm »

so many re: girls on youtube its painful....
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: April 23, 2012, 09:53:25 pm »

I took an SAT II Math 2 practice test today.

I thought it wouldn't be fuuuuuuuu- worthy hard.

Guess what happened.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
i averaged a 21 on my ACT test three years ago.
English killed it at 17 but science and math was 23.
I walked into my ACT cold, with very little sleep the night before. 32 average, only dragged down because of a 28 on the math section; the others were 36 for science, and 35 and 34 for english and the fourth part that I can never remember. Standardized tests are pointless for anything beyond getting scholarship money; the ACT measures your ability to take tests, and the SAT measures how much money your parents can spend on tutors and prep seminars.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10577 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:46 pm »

>:-|

I am going to prove that wrong.

I'm having good progress on the SAT II Bio E/M and Math 2 at least. No tutors, just a $30 book.

The SAT itself is a whole 'nuther problem...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:22 pm »

That's one of the few reasons I really love living in Kentucky: I never had to bother with the SAT, since I went to uni in-state.

3. Run Resize Enable

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #10579 on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:42 pm »

People confusing what I mean when I say "segue" and thinking that I mean "Segway"(spelling?) which are those odd balance directed motorized things. I usually end up explaining by attempting to bring the two concepts together in some way that ends up confusing them more. I am surrounded by idiots that know what a Segway is but don't understand segues, seguii? I should probably be happy that they at least partially understand how a Segway works, but alas I am not.

RE: SAT/ACT - I took the SAT with very little studying. Got away with what amounted to a 1350 / 1600. I guess I could have done better if my parents had thrown money at it but what's the point? I did better than a great deal of my classmates so that makes me feel good. Never took the ACT. Thought it would be pretty pointless to take two standardized tests.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: April 23, 2012, 10:01:36 pm »

the SAT measures how much money your parents can spend on tutors and prep seminars.

I suppose it's like that for some people, but my recollection of the SAT is that it was mostly filled with questions on things a college freshman really ought to already know.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: April 23, 2012, 10:01:57 pm »

so many re: girls on youtube its painful....
Re girls?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10582 on: April 23, 2012, 10:02:15 pm »

Actually, I could possibly take the ACT too >.>

The PLAN test was quite easy, compared to the PSAT. The actual performance depends, of course, on how well it scales -.-...

Note to self: Banana + toothpaste = burning agony

Ninja: I like the word fugue, do you like it?
... Just a random thought.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #10583 on: April 23, 2012, 10:02:55 pm »

Reminds me of dumb people not understanding what simple things mean; there was an article showing US vs Chinese college entrance exams, and how much easier the US ones are... Conclusion:Americans are dumb, Chinese are smart.

No No No, Proper Conclusion: In China, you ain't going to college, you're gonna work in a toxic factory 12+ hours a day; unless youa re a super-genius.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: April 23, 2012, 10:33:31 pm »

My dorm has four washers that take 20 minutes to wash clothes, and four dryers that take 90 minutes. I don't know why they didn't see this would be a problem.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #10585 on: April 23, 2012, 10:39:14 pm »

If it's a coed dorm then the goal is to weed out the women who are only there for MRS degrees >.>
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: April 23, 2012, 10:49:33 pm »

Actually, I could possibly take the ACT too >.>

Ninja: I like the word fugue, do you like it?
... Just a random thought.

Again, depending on where you live and where you plan on attending, you might be able to only take it. I will say that it is quite a bit easier to do well on than the SAT, as you can just learn how the questions are typically structured and nail down the correct answers without much effort. The science section was absurd; all you have to do (at least in the year I took it) is pull the relevant information from the graphs and tables that provide it to you, and then select the answer that corresponds to the data. As in, it is literally a test of your ability to read clearly presented data and repeat what you just read.

As for the second, why yes.

3. Run Resize Enable

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: April 23, 2012, 11:02:38 pm »

There were over 50,000 gun related murders in the year 2000 in the united states............. and gun control is still lacking horribly....... but no the kinder eggs are a bigger threat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise#Prohibition_on_sale_or_import_into_the_United_States
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #10588 on: April 23, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »

There were over 50,000 gun related murders in the year 2000 in the united states............. and gun control is still lacking horribly....... but no the kinder eggs are a bigger threat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise#Prohibition_on_sale_or_import_into_the_United_States

In 1993 the Ferrero Group (the maker of Kinder eggs) applied to have the eggs sold in the USA, but was turned down because of a prohibition against having an inedible item inside an edible object.

But what about Popsicle sticks?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10589 on: April 23, 2012, 11:14:47 pm »

My phone thinks I really want to only view top of each page, even when writing messages like right now.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 3345