Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696970 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

The bane of all books, dogears.

Are paper clips better than dog-ears?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

My iTunes account has been hacked, apparently.

And used.

And since my iTunes is linked to my debt card, if all the money in my account gets used, money starts coming out of my bank account.

I've contacted Apple about it, but I haven't gotten an email back yet.

HOW?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:47:13 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Apple did it.

They took your money.

Because "no one" can hack Apple.

And I'm being serious here.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Apple did it.

They took your money.

Because "no one" can hack Apple.

And I'm being serious here.

Har har.

[/sarcasm]
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It was worth a shot :P

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile

Today I played GalCiv2. Today I raged.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FFFFFUUUUU-
Well, thats new to me. in all the games I've played, either I beat them to that, or didn't have tech victory on because I was trying something else (or was messing around with my overpowered custom race of supreme tech advantage with orange and blue triangular ships.)

Certainly seen plenty of the other failure screens, though.

I was too busy fighting a desperate battle to destroy their suns to notice that they were even going for a tech victory.

I'd spent the early portion of the game thinking "Pff, I'll just give these peacemongerers all of my techs in exchange for money, it's not like they're going to be any threat to anyone." After all, I was playing as an ethically neutral civ focussed mainly on influence starbases, what reason would they ever have to attack me?

What's that, everyone who surrenders EVER gives everything they own to the Altarians, you say? What's that, out of nowhere they're a galactic superpower with a military rating SIX TIMES higher than the leading competitor, which isn't even me, you say? What's that, they're allies with the warlike Drath who pay them off to attack me, you say?

So I end up fighting an uphill battle against this enormous, technologically advanced civilization with the cutting edge in military power, enormous armies, more planets than I can count and enough industrial might to put the whole rest of the galaxy to shame, even when I've convinced everyone else to go to war with them.

Finally, with all of this going on for about 10 days real time, I manage to start turning things in my favour... I can't possibly hope to beat them in terms of sheer power, but if I focus all of my military into a concentrated area I can bring in Terror Stars to stop them from immediately reconquering any planets.

It takes a long time but it looks like my strategy might pay off and let me claw my way to victory, or at least hold out for the fifty, ONLY FIFTY, turns turns I needed to hit an ascension victory.

Lol, no. Tech victory to them, they become gods, I lose.

RAGE!
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

@PyroDesu
Explain the situation to your bank fraud guys, they get that all the time, and they can make it so that if somebody tries to take money through your iTunes account, it isn't going anywhere.  I don't know what bank you have, but I'm pretty sure they'd rather stop the money from going out in the first place if it would just be disputed anyway.

Hell, I personally would have contacted the bank first, then talked to apple.

EDIT:context
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:57:05 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

@KodKod
I almost never give away my techs unless they have something I want right the hell now, usually requiring a chunk of credits worth more than the tech I'm trading them for that tech. Too many instances of the giving away one too many weapons and ending up with the Altarians (or the Terrans, or the Korx, usually in that order of likelyness) stealing all the surrender loots and then charging after me as soon as I pick any side of Xeno Ethics other than good.

Unless its the triangle ship guys I'm playing with, then its just a game of who is attacking who and who I feel like helping win the war while I mess around with the ship designer having ridiculous ships and a lot of money received from tech trades to build said ships with.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:16:35 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well I won't be making that mistake again, I can assure you. This was actually the first proper game of Gal Civ 2 I'd played.

I'm definitely considering turning Tech Victory off in future, especially considering I enjoy playing my games large-scale. At least with Ascension Victory you can make a concentrated effort to take out their crystals, but I'd never have been able to make a dent in their research progress unless there's something I'm missing.
/人‿‿人\

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Also, a modding note for GalCiv 2: This mod is quite awesome for adding more interesting possibilities to the ship designer. Pretty much the only one I've consistently bothered to add to the game everytime I've installed it somewhere.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooh, purely cosmetic upgrades to the ship designer system? Me likey.

I'll be installing this one, I guarantee.
/人‿‿人\

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Getting consistently bullshit results from a program.

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'cannot connect to steam account!'

*clicks start in offline mode*

'this operation cannot be completed because you are unable to connect to the steam servers!'

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

It's been doing this since I DLed civ V about 2 months back. now it's honestly taking the piss. >:(

EDIT: now steam is refusing to open. and I don't want to turm my computer off, because that gives me the 'connected with limited connectivity' for the internet, which is basically my internet going 'FUCK YOU! go reset the router you lasy arsehole! I'm not gonna work the way I should, so until you reset the router, no more internet!'

EDIT2: sorted it. turns out steam was running a process which basically made it impossible to open until said process was shutdown.
I've always seemed to run into the problem that trying to log in while in offline mode leads to it aborting because it can't connect to steam.  ::)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

That is probably my only gripe with Steam, is that little "feature." You should not need to connect to the Steam servers to take your own client offline, it's a BS DRM tactic.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

I've never had that problem. No internet? Click go offline, it goes offline. Not a whisper of an error.
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 3345