Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694842 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6855 on: September 27, 2011, 03:54:27 pm »

Fuck you Mozilla. Firefox 7.0? I was happily chugging along on 3.something a few months ago. I don't know why they even bother with minor version numbers anymore, or even a version at all. They should just drop the pretense and call it FireFox October 2011.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Angry at Numbers! Edition
« Reply #6856 on: September 27, 2011, 04:25:45 pm »

THis is what happens when someone brings up a stupid versioning system, then ends up being a seroius competitor.
Goddamit, Google Chrome.

(From FF 4)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: September 27, 2011, 04:48:58 pm »

I hate this era.

The Era of Shiny Buttons.

Most people will disagree with me but I'm not going to switch to Windows 7 just because it looks good but actually sucks. Whenever they add a buncha glossy buttons to a program/OS I seem to hate it. It's happening with Windows vista/7, Firefox, IE and much more.

Shiny icons, transparent windows, bloatware gadgets... All I can say is "fuck microsoft"

I can't describe how much I miss this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But we got this, right:

I don't want an extravagant UI that slows down my computer. I just want a fast computer.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: September 27, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »

There are several linux distros that would probably suit your fancy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: September 27, 2011, 05:07:43 pm »

I hate this era.

The Era of Shiny Buttons.

Most people will disagree with me but I'm not going to switch to Windows 7 just because it looks good but actually sucks. Whenever they add a buncha glossy buttons to a program/OS I seem to hate it. It's happening with Windows vista/7, Firefox, IE and much more.

Shiny icons, transparent windows, bloatware gadgets... All I can say is "fuck microsoft"

I can't describe how much I miss this:

But we got this, right:

I don't want an extravagant UI that slows down my computer. I just want a fast computer.

Personally, I don't even like the way it looks ANYWAY.

I've actually tweaked the settings on my computer so that it looks like Windows 95, and used an exploit to reinstate something similar to the XP/95 start menu (albeit one that misleadingly opens out of the "Videos" menu rather than "All Programs")
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: September 27, 2011, 05:10:54 pm »

Hey, if you're going to blame shiny buttons, you can't not blame apple partly as well. Thats all I'm saying about that, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: September 27, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »

Microsoft:" Herp derp OUR IS TEH MOST SHINEYEST"     Apple: "NUH UH, OURS IS TOTALLY MORE SHINEYER"

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: September 27, 2011, 05:25:56 pm »

Microsoft:" Herp derp OUR IS TEH MOST SHINEYEST"     Apple: "NUH UH, OURS IS TOTALLY MORE SHINEYER"
And Linux is crying in the corner.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: September 27, 2011, 05:26:57 pm »

Well to be fair at least with vista there's a setting you can click to make everything not all shiny.  It actually cuts Vista's resource usage almost in half too.  I would be surprised if there wasn't similar stuff in 7 and [arbitrary hip sounding dictionary word] too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: September 27, 2011, 05:27:24 pm »

The hopefully final chapter in the saga of Aqizzar vs. Time Warner Cable.  Everything except the phone is working.  The phone, for no explicable reason, will be turned on some time between now and hour fours from now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now I have to wait for a service guy to come out between 1 and 3 tomorrow.  Great, just fucking great.  Not only will I miss out on my first actual job responsibility, but I have to get some Febreeze and put away my Legos and Knuckles the Echidna doll and dirty laundry and shotgun and crap so the technician doesn't think I'm some kind of manchild.  Awesome.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: September 27, 2011, 05:28:57 pm »

The hopefully final chapter in the saga of Aqizzar vs. Time Warner Cable.  Everything except the phone is working.  The phone, for no explicable reason, will be turned on some time between now and hour fours from now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now I have to wait for a service guy to come out between 1 and 3 tomorrow.  Great, just fucking great.  Not only will I miss out on my first actual job responsibility, but I have to get some Febreeze and put away my Legos and Knuckles the Echidna doll and dirty laundry and shotgun and crap so the technician doesn't think I'm some kind of manchild.  Awesome.
No, you must put them right near the front door. And when he knocks on the door, you sneak behind him and start screaming while holding your shotgun.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: September 27, 2011, 05:35:37 pm »

I tweaked my PC to look like Windows 95. It's way faster now.

Microsoft used to improve their operating systems. 98 > XP was a good way to go. Now they change the UI, add some shiney, premium-looking, computer-slowing stuff and release it. New UI simply sucks. Yes, you will need to click less for some features but now you also have to spend a lot more time to understand how the fuck it works. I mean it is so different, it's just like learning how to use a computer again. It's fucking impossible not to RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE about that!

I don't even want to talk about compability issues.

I'm getting nostalgic by just looking at these.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:38:15 pm by Leatra »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: September 27, 2011, 05:36:18 pm »

No, you must put them right near the front door. And when he knocks on the door, you sneak behind him and start screaming while holding your shotgun.
No, just leave the shotgun near the door as a warning.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: September 27, 2011, 05:38:14 pm »

I certainly could just leave it hanging there.  The sword and axes and stuff I could take down, since that's starting to overdo it.  Of course, I'd like to just move my computer into the front room so there's no confusion, but I'm not sure if there's enough outlets and cable jacks out there, and I have this sneaking suspicion that if I unplugged the modem to move it back, it'll stop working again.

Aaaaand the cat just threw up.  Awesome.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: September 27, 2011, 05:39:15 pm »

I certainly could just leave it hanging there.  The sword and axes and stuff I could take down, since that's starting to overdo it.  Of course, I'd like to just move my computer into the front room so there's no confusion, but I'm not sure if there's enough outlets and cable jacks out there, and I have this sneaking suspicion that if I unplugged the modem to move it back, it'll stop working again.

Aaaaand the cat just threw up.  Awesome.
Keep your shotgun near its litter box, as a warning.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 3345