Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693084 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6750 on: September 25, 2011, 04:39:43 pm »

Words of support for both Vector and Barbarossa belong in this post.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Metaphysical RAEG Edition
« Reply #6751 on: September 25, 2011, 04:44:12 pm »

Next week I'm visiting the Equestrian Club, Photo Team, The Wall (???), and Future Farmers of America meetings along with my current clubs. Maybe one will stick. (Probably not equestrian club. I'm gonna find out what they do, but horses scare the shit out of me.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: September 25, 2011, 04:45:14 pm »

Next week I'm visiting the Equestrian Club, Photo Team, The Wall (???), and Future Farmers of America meetings along with my current clubs. Maybe one will stick. (Probably not equestrian club. I'm gonna find out what they do, but horses scare the shit out of me.)
When you said Equestrian Club I thought you meanet some kind of My Little Pony club...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: September 25, 2011, 04:46:29 pm »

Horses aren't that bad. They're usually docile and tend to be friendly to humans. They do take some getting used to, but once you do they're awesome.
Nothing important here, move along.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: September 25, 2011, 04:51:36 pm »

Horses bite me. I don't like them.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: September 25, 2011, 04:55:31 pm »

That makes sense.

Perhaps you should know that it's generally advised to approach a horse from the sides, since they can get freaked out from an approach to the front and will buck things behind them that make them uncomfortable, including unfamiliar humans.

If you did neither of those, well, maybe horses just don't like you.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:58:31 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: September 25, 2011, 05:05:28 pm »

Hehehe, I've had math professors give me that talk ::)

I do suspect things get a lot better after the intro engineering and programming courses, when the people who are there because

a. money
b. it looked cool and buildy--oh wait, there's actual work to be done?

are weeded out.

EDIT: Guys, there's another club meeting next week that I have to go to with tie-dying T-shirts and baking for a... bake sale... to be done.  And... only two people have signed up... yeah.  It's in a frat house.  I... urrrrrrrrrrghle.

D:
Yes, professors in general who emphasize something more than what they teach is highly grating. I had a die-hard Republican economics teacher who would go off on a tangent about how the current administration sucks at the drop of a pin. He actually got fired mid-semester, supposedly for showing a profane video in his German class.

And I would be in one of those intro engineering courses right now, but the university decided "hey, let's close the waitlist early! It's not like the classes are filled to the brim with people who are going to drop a week in!" As though their registration system hasn't given me the middle finger enough.... :-\

And have fun at the meeting.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: September 25, 2011, 05:14:42 pm »

I have school every day of the week. I get up at 7 AM, get home at 12 PM. I also go to school afternoon sometimes for more lessons. I study at home too.

It's 1 AM here and I have to be up for school 6 hours later. I wouldn't make a fuss about it if the stuff they teach us at school was useful. If I'm going to be psychologist why the fuck I have to learn trigonometry? At least teach us better foreign languages so I won't spend a minute trying to figure out how to write a sentence in English.

Sometimes I feel like I hear my maths teacher talking while I'm in the home.

I hate mathematics because of school and I'm sick of living like this.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 05:16:15 pm by Leatra »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: September 25, 2011, 06:24:41 pm »

Maybe mathematics just aren't your thing in general. It's probably just a mindset you have. Like we took those tests in my school that test how you think, and mine was 80% in the logical thinking catagory, with the other 20 smattered around about 6 or 7 other catagories. And you know what, I want to be a programmer. Why am I rambling I don't know.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: September 25, 2011, 06:37:59 pm »

Maybe mathematics just aren't your thing in general. It's probably just a mindset you have. Like we took those tests in my school that test how you think, and mine was 80% in the logical thinking catagory, with the other 20 smattered around about 6 or 7 other catagories. And you know what, I want to be a programmer. Why am I rambling I don't know.
I wanted to be a programmer too. I gave up because of maths. Maybe giving up a dream because it's difficult was the stupidest mistake I made. Maybe I should try it. I'm really interested in philosophy and psychology too though. I'm not sure what I want to be anymore. There are lots of people around me who hates their jobs and I don't want to become one of them.

Ah mathematics, you just had to (possibly) ruin my (possible) future life.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: September 25, 2011, 06:58:28 pm »

That makes sense.

Perhaps you should know that it's generally advised to approach a horse from the sides, since they can get freaked out from an approach to the front and will buck things behind them that make them uncomfortable, including unfamiliar humans.

If you did neither of those, well, maybe horses just don't like you.
If a horse sees me it charges, sometimes crashing into or through fences to do so. They attack when I am near. If I sneak up on one, intentionally or not, and it hears me, it will kick violently at me until I back away. I've learned that it's often easiest to avoid them, and if they run at me, run the fuck away.

You don't need extraordinary math skills to program (though they help), but trigonometry and perhaps some Pre-Calculus is useful for everything.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #6761 on: September 25, 2011, 08:24:45 pm »

You don't need extraordinary math skills to program (though they help), but trigonometry and perhaps some Pre-Calculus is useful for everything.
Ahahahahahahahaha.
Currently doing higher (5th year of high school) physics and advanced higher (6th year of high school) maths as my maths module, and that's just semester 1.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: September 25, 2011, 09:07:17 pm »

Bluh, I fucking hate living in a small religious town. At my school's library, they keep all "Mature" books in a backroom and you have to specifically ask for it and be a certain age. I mean for christ sake, they're not even bad. Most of them just have anti-religious themes in it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: September 25, 2011, 09:35:44 pm »

If a horse sees me it charges, sometimes crashing into or through fences to do so. They attack when I am near. If I sneak up on one, intentionally or not, and it hears me, it will kick violently at me until I back away. I've learned that it's often easiest to avoid them, and if they run at me, run the fuck away.
Stop using wolf urine as cologne? I dunno what would cause that. I typically invoke the opposite response from most animals. I've had wild animals eat from my hand. The only thing to ever attack me (other than insects) was a domesticated wolfhound, because it hadn't seen me in over a year and thought I was an intruder. Oh, and a green snake that I accidentally stepped on.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: September 25, 2011, 09:40:58 pm »

Stop using wolf urine as cologne? I dunno what would cause that. I typically invoke the opposite response from most animals. I've had wild animals eat from my hand. The only thing to ever attack me (other than insects) was a domesticated wolfhound, because it hadn't seen me in over a year and thought I was an intruder. Oh, and a green snake that I accidentally stepped on.
As a rule, this is a bad idea.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 3345