Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698611 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Iowa State's Accounts Receivable Office can go die in a fire. Hopefully one that destroys all the records, but I'm not too picky. Note that the actual employees (at least the ones who interact with students) are perfectly nice people and should NOT be purged by flame.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

State government, or college?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

The latter.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

After a month of dry creationless time i finally get the urge to draw something, so i grab my tablet and it won't work, upon further inspection it turns out the battery in the stylus corroded, no spare batteries are available right now, even though several where bought for various remote control devices.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Dear Zeus! I was outside for less than 10 minutes, and my forehead was dripping sweat by the end of it. What the hell, weather. Why is it 100 degrees before humidity? Why do you hate meeeeeeeee

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

*Checks inbox*
Oh good, he finished that stakeholders document for me!
*It's all done wrong*
HOW CAN YOU SCREW UP A STAKEHOLDERS DOCUMENT?!?!?! I'M SURROUNDED BY INCOMPETENT FOOLS WHO CAN'T EVEN DO THE BABY PAPERWORK!!!!!!! Now I'm going to have to waste my time teaching him how to do it right...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hear a crash coming from the kitchen. I go to investigate, and see my stepdad leaving the kitchen, and my mother shouts that it was him. On the kitchen floor is a shattered bowl, of which there is now literally only one in the whole house, which 95% of the time is either in-use, or dirty with a considerable amount of uneaten food still in it.
And I, not wanting to deal with pieces of broken ceramic, am left to sweep it up. That's right, rather than clean up his own goddamn mess, he just glares at me as he walks by, and I have to clean it up for him or else he'll probably bitch about how I left a mess in the kitchen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The Oslo shooting, which some people have gotten so worked up about their schpiel is far removed from what actually happened. I shouldn't be surprised, this is basically the pattern for every major news event. But I can't help feeling like some people, while pouring our sympathy for the victims, are basically using them prop up whatever other grievance they're nursing. From Glen Beck to the people condemning "The West", it feels like both groups have totally lost touch with the tragedy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

YouTube comment trolls. Nuff' said.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel you, man.  Seriously.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

I feel you, man.  Seriously.

I hardly scroll down on youtube videos anymore :V
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the Hungarian-Polish brotherhood/friendship videos.

I don't even know why.  But when I need a pick-me up, I read the comments on those.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Rage over those comments always confused me. Even at the age of 9 when I discovered Youtube I knew the comments would never be worth reading. I know different people have different habits and other sites with comment systems could work well, but it only takes a few videos worth of comments to know that they are not worth bothering with. Perhaps commentary on humanity as a whole that something like this exists? That reason seems logical, but it doesnt register as something to be worried about through such a system.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Rage over those comments always confused me. Even at the age of 9 when I discovered Youtube I knew the comments would never be worth reading.

Then you are an infinitely wiser man than me.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I read them only so I can find the answer when the one guy asks "What song is that?"

The rest is just asking for brain bleeding.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 3345