Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1587 1588 [1589] 1590 1591 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702486 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

It's almost June.  I just got a late notice in the mail claiming I never paid my April rent and owe almost $100 in late fees.  I checked my bank account and see where they cashed my check.

The accounting at this appartment complex sucks, apparently.  I'm reminded of the last time this happened, and the time they lost a check for two months and never said anything about it until I asked them why they never cashed it.

Time to make a phone call...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Got fired for standing up for myself and not letting people put words in my mouth.

RAGGGGGGGGGGGGE
What was happen?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Got fired for standing up for myself and not letting people put words in my mouth.

RAGGGGGGGGGGGGE
What was happen?
Xant, we need to fix your grammar after the JB incident. What kind of eldritch abomination can't use correct human grammar to terrify its victims?

'What happened?' is what you should have said.
*RECALIBRATING GRAMMAR NODULE*
Oh, I see that now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

* Descan takes the slithering beast back to grammar school.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

RAGGGGGGGGGGGGE
What was happen?
He build base and defense it but doodz in base kill everything/

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

RAGGGGGGGGGGGGE
What was happen?
Clearly, someone set him up the bomb.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

My guess is either they stood up to a superior and they didn't like that, or they stood up to an employee that the company sees as far more valuable than them, and the other employee complained.  Sucks but probably not much can be done.

---------
More annoyance than rage, but I've been digging up a leach field.  I've progressed to a hole 3 feet deep now.  Unfortunately about 2 feet down the hole seems to be filled with murky standing water.  Pretty much level with the top of the leach field.

Good news is I think I found out why the shower and washing machine were backing up. It's not draining from the rocks to the soil properly.  Probably the weed barrier is blocked up.

Bad news is, I still need to dig down another 3 feet to get to it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Stood up to the superior.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Mass Effect 1 spoilers (click to show/hide)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

For what?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Did you win?

I'm doing that tomorrow.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you win?
He got fired.

Of course he won. He no longer has to work for an asshole employer.

EDIT: Raging becausing I'm trying to learn how to hand-thread a needle. The last person to use my sewing kit(WTF I have sewing kit?) left the needles all over the place in the thing, and the needle with an eye that looked easy enough to thread was bent, and it broke while trying to straighten it(note to self, pliers and sewing needles are not a good combination). Finally got it(thank you WikiHow). Now to learn how to sew a very large and complex tear in my pants(it's not the seam either!). ...Can't seem to find a WikiHow page for a non-seam tear...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:31:22 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Did you win?
He got fired.

Of course he won. He no longer has to work for an asshole employer.

EDIT: Raging becausing I'm trying to learn how to hand-thread a needle. The last person to use my sewing kit(WTF I have sewing kit?) left the needles all over the place in the thing, and the needle with an eye that looked easy enough to thread was bent, and it broke while trying to straighten it(note to self, pliers and sewing needles are not a good combination). Finally got it(thank you WikiHow). Now to learn how to sew a very large and complex tear in my pants(it's not the seam either!). ...Can't seem to find a WikiHow page for a non-seam tear...
The only way to sew a non-seam tear in clothing to to apply a large patch over the entire area. Anything else will just lead it to unravel faster and faster until there is an even more gaping and ragged hole.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1587 1588 [1589] 1590 1591 ... 3345