Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 401201 times)

Steelweaver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.13
« Reply #1260 on: April 24, 2011, 05:30:01 am »

Guys, can u give a few tips in finding items vector? May be some offset where game load begins or so, i've been crawling the dump for weeks with no success, i have very little experience, so some advise could be usefull. Using IDA Pro.
Extremely shortened version:
dfincremental, 2-byte coord scan using the cursor on an item, backpointer scan to find the start of the object, number search (1 in the menu) on the address found, backpointer on all pointers found. It should end up in the static memory areas sooner or later. There are multiple item vectors, try to find the biggest one.

Thank you very much. I ll try it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:34:24 am by Steelweaver »

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 24, 2011, 11:27:33 am »

I'm using the latest git under Linux, and I'm getting a bad value from GetDwarfCivId. It returns 283561576, but a quick look at the unit list shows 251 should be the right value. I'm also sometimes getting bad memory offsets when reading creatures. It usually doesn't work in one program I have, it always works in another, and a third was wonky until I changed it to use the read creatures in box method.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 24, 2011, 04:17:43 pm »

Is there a way to make magma workshops appear in the build menu?
I hack spawned in Magma (of course) with DF liquids, but the option does not appear.
I know tweak utility used to have this feature; does/could DF Hack?

Thank you,
Truean
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 25, 2011, 04:47:23 am »

Using dfweather (from version 0.5.13 of dfhack) to make it rain or snow in .31.25 using Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit seems to set the current year to zero. Hilariously, dwarf fortress seems to handle this time change quite well.

Quote from: Engraving
Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally designed image of Cilob Plankrocks the dwarf and a steel shield by Mistem Sakzulkadol. Cilob Plankrocks is raising the steel shield. The artwork relates to the masterful steel shield created by the dwarf Cilob Plankrocks for The Gorge of Esteeming at Earthrend in a time before time.

Quote from: Dwarf Profile
He is negative one hundred ninety-one years old, born on the 12th of Hematite in the year 191.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 25, 2011, 09:46:32 pm »

Haha, well DF probably wouldn't be the game it is today if it wasn't for the game handling things that should never happen quite as gracefully as it does.

TRON style program 1: Ok so this mod totally just made something out of a materiel that does not exist.  What should I do?

TRON style program 2: Uh well, huh.  That's not supposed to happen, but nothing here seems to scream crash, and all the variables are somehow initialized.  Though I have no goddamn clue what's in them.  Lets just pretend it's normal.

*Dwarf wonders at strange glob of randomly changing color 'liquid' in the smelter*  *Dwarf pokes 'liquid'* dwarf freezes to death in an explosion of boiling liquid, dwarves turn into fire snakes, donkeys turn into antmen and cats explode spontaneously.*

TRON style program 2: ...huh...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

grendelfreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 25, 2011, 10:25:00 pm »

On the DF wiki it says you can dig veins down Z levels using the "-x" option for dfvdig. Can anyone clarify how to do this please.

raoulxq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 26, 2011, 01:28:02 am »

On the DF wiki it says you can dig veins down Z levels using the "-x" option for dfvdig. Can anyone clarify how to do this please.
Well, -x is an Command Line Option. Until someone less lazy than me explains that in more detail, you can try to google "open command prompt", "execute from command line" etc. It would be something like this:

Start->Run->cmd
cd \path\where\dfhack\installed
dfvdig -x

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 26, 2011, 01:30:55 am »

I'm more lazy than you, and just click the dfXvdig.bat script which executes dfvdig with the -x option :)
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

raoulxq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 26, 2011, 01:42:50 am »

Pah, there goes my attempt to give some people insight into the wonderful expressiveness of the command line... :-(

daego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 27, 2011, 04:02:53 pm »

So I've dug through some of the dfhack item code and I don't see any explicit support for deleting items. Any pointers to get me started on adding this?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1270 on: April 27, 2011, 06:53:13 pm »

So I've dug through some of the dfhack item code and I don't see any explicit support for deleting items. Any pointers to get me started on adding this?
Don't. Binary hell awaits you if you do. Messing with raw assembly, dependency on DF's code as opposed to its data types and fun with fooling allocators on multiple OSes. I'm not saying it's impossible to do from outside, but it's much harder than overwriting existing objects.

Anyway, you're very lucky! I just added a flag to the item flags structure that someone mentioned on the irc channel. It should make DF destroy the item by itself without further outside help. I named it garbage_collect. Needs testing, as I'm not sure if it removes the item from inventory of creatures, chests and other such things properly :)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1271 on: April 27, 2011, 07:03:38 pm »

I'm using the latest git under Linux, and I'm getting a bad value from GetDwarfCivId. It returns 283561576, but a quick look at the unit list shows 251 should be the right value. I'm also sometimes getting bad memory offsets when reading creatures. It usually doesn't work in one program I have, it always works in another, and a third was wonky until I changed it to use the read creatures in box method.
Ok. First is a plain old bad offset. Noted :)
Second thing I don't really get. Can you be more specific? Is it one of the exceptions thrown by VersionInfo or real bad offset?
Is there a way to make magma workshops appear in the build menu?
Not yet. Patches are a planned feature. There is a (vague) design, but nobody to implement it... See: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/issues/22
Using dfweather (from version 0.5.13 of dfhack) to make it rain or snow in .31.25 using Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit seems to set the current year to zero. Hilariously, dwarf fortress seems to handle this time change quite well.
Win and fail, at the same time :D I'll have to look at the related code in a disassembler to get the right offset I guess.

Anyway, offset bugs will be fixed when I get to it.

Oh, and someone sent me a tool that lets you teleport all items marked for dumping to the cursor. It will be in the next release ;)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 27, 2011, 07:26:00 pm »

Oh, and someone sent me a tool that lets you teleport all items marked for dumping to the cursor. It will be in the next release ;)
Oh wow, that's awesome. All that time spent clearing ambush junk from off the edge of the map...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Jarhyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 27, 2011, 07:50:04 pm »

you are a gentleman and a scholar. I'll be using such a tool to strip all my dwarves naked and dump their shitty tattering clothing into a magma pit.

Aalto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 27, 2011, 07:57:50 pm »

Oh man, that works. So very awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 108