Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 401151 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.5.10
« Reply #1110 on: March 30, 2011, 10:03:25 pm »

That one just sits there a bit then stops responding. IIRC the method there was to run a command prompt there and run it through that, right? Ok... yeah, it just freezes and throws me back to regular command prompt.
Want a screenshot? I took one.
Not really. I dug into the problem and I'm solving it right now. Found a whole lot of ugly things lurking in the code, unlikely to be triggered under normal conditions. I hope to have things working soon.

Waladil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 30, 2011, 10:09:47 pm »

Huzzah! My current fort has been crippled due to a combination of bad luck, more bad luck, slow dwarves, bad pathfinding, and a healthy helping of additional bad luck. It is currently on hiatus, for lack of dfhack. I stand by to test any and all new ideas.

Don't take this as pressure please! I don't want you to think I'm pressuring you!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1112 on: March 30, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »

Huzzah! My current fort has been crippled due to a combination of bad luck, more bad luck, slow dwarves, bad pathfinding, and a healthy helping of additional bad luck. It is currently on hiatus, for lack of dfhack. I stand by to test any and all new ideas.

Don't take this as pressure please! I don't want you to think I'm pressuring you!
This was a really nasty bug. Let's see how things go this time :)
https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-test-OK.zip

Oh, and this version has real, hot magma. Originally, dfliquids spawned the magma very cool (room temperature). Now it's the proper 12000 degrees Urist :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:56:08 pm by peterix »

Waladil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 30, 2011, 10:43:51 pm »

There we go! That one works!
Thank you very much! NOW TO KILL THOSE GOBLINS

Edit:
This is a wierd (minor) bug/feature/side effect. Dunno how long it's been around but I think it's new. Apparently, when spawning obsidian walls, any water at that spot will be turned to magma.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:57:40 pm by Waladil »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1114 on: March 30, 2011, 11:02:37 pm »

This is a wierd (minor) bug/feature/side effect. Dunno how long it's been around but I think it's new. Apparently, when spawning obsidian walls, any water at that spot will be turned to magma.
Right... I'll get to that later. Just use the zero flow size to delete the water/magma in those cases. Make sure you don't do this on open terrain so you don't get pathfinding bugs.
In the next version, placing obsidian walls will remove any and all magma/water in place and reset the temperature.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:12:37 pm by peterix »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 31, 2011, 08:14:31 am »

Oh here's a little small tibbit from using DFMODE that if you have non-fort companions they will follow you around like pets(with out the prone to rage and need to feed them). My adventuress Nil has 3 one being a dwarf male.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 31, 2011, 11:32:54 am »

Wait a sec...

DFmode lets you play an adventurer in your fort.

You can horribly slaughter things as an adventurer.

There are nobles in my fort.

WHY HAVEN'T I USED THIS BEFORE?!
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 31, 2011, 01:56:22 pm »

Wait a sec...

DFmode lets you play an adventurer in your fort.

You can horribly slaughter things as an adventurer.

There are nobles in my fort.

WHY HAVEN'T I USED THIS BEFORE?!
Because your tame animals will go insane and attack each other and any Companions will go to town on the creatures leading to clogged hallways and disorder. I just had 12 chicks(birds) jump a cow in the main stairway and I was just going to murder some monkeys. also I Killing a same civ member would just lead to a Civil war and a quick end to the fort. so the only safe way to kill them is to use Dfusion to carry them to a death trap and drop them into it or use Dfusion to swap to a non civ member creature and assassinate them hopefully you run out of there or you might have to make more than one slab/coffin.
oh and I almost close to having adventure babies with this so should I name it after?
"body swapping and YOU!"

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 31, 2011, 07:35:43 pm »

Hey Peter, this isn't a big deal because I don't use dfhack anymore but I am still referencing it to double check my work.. is the others material offset right in dfhack?

It seems from my research that others isn't in a vector at all, but is a hard coded array that hasn't changed since as long as I have been using dwarf fortress. There doesn't appear to be a reason for there to be an offset for it.

#0 INORGANIC
#1 AMBER
#2 CORAL
#3 GLASS_GREEN
#4 GLASS_CLEAR
#5 GLASS_CRYSTAL
#6 WATER
#7 COAL
#8 POTASH
#9 ASH
#10 PEARLASH
#11 LYE
#12 MUD
#13 VOMIT
#14 SALT
#15 FILTH_B
#16 FILTH_Y
#17 UNKNOWN_SUBSTANCE
#18 GRIME
#19 CREATURE_1
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 31, 2011, 07:51:21 pm »

it goes all the way up to OVER NINE HUNDREEEEEEED!!!!!! actually.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 31, 2011, 08:35:17 pm »

Ya, 991 total materials in vanilla. I'm talking about other materials though :P
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1121 on: March 31, 2011, 08:45:42 pm »

Hey Peter, this isn't a big deal because I don't use dfhack anymore but I am still referencing it to double check my work.. is the others material offset right in dfhack?

It seems from my research that others isn't in a vector at all, but is a hard coded array that hasn't changed since as long as I have been using dwarf fortress. There doesn't appear to be a reason for there to be an offset for it.

Good question. I'll go check ;)
EDIT: seems borked for the latest versions. guess I'll go and fix that :) And yes, it's not a vector, but an array. Reading it from the game is still better than hardcoding your own array though. DFHack treats it as a zero-terminated array of pointers to the base materials.

Btw, why no dfhack?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:53:13 pm by peterix »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 31, 2011, 08:55:29 pm »

Nothing personal, I like dfhack. It is just that my project only uses like 10 offsets, and most of them are dead easy to find. It is easier for my program to just find them at runtime then deal with the updating offset nonsense. It currently detects all that it needs without fail from .13 on.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1123 on: March 31, 2011, 09:06:07 pm »

Nothing personal, I like dfhack. It is just that my project only uses like 10 offsets, and most of them are dead easy to find. It is easier for my program to just find them at runtime then deal with the updating offset nonsense. It currently detects all that it needs without fail from .13 on.
Care to share your methods? I'll always prefer some automation for the offset finding :)

EDIT: now the offsets should be OK in current git HEAD.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:22:24 pm by peterix »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 31, 2011, 09:21:26 pm »

man I wonder what Toady going to do on the anniversary of 31.xx. I hope it's dumping a silly 3d mash up of SoA1 and SoA2 and call it Slaves of Armok 3: DwarfinminerQuarryCreation.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 108