Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 401124 times)

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.4.0.7b - tools and memory access library
« Reply #300 on: September 08, 2010, 12:26:36 pm »

Mm... thanks Japa! One step ahead...
Now I'm getting this:
Wide-character ncurses library not found - veinlook can't be built
CMake Error at tools/supported/CMakeLists.txt:120 (install):
  install TARGETS given target "dfveinlook" which does not exist in this
  directory.
ncurses? Well, if I can trust my memory(and sometimes I can not, due to abuse of marijuana), DF required me to install this ncurses library in order to run. Is it the same thing?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 08, 2010, 12:30:51 pm »

again, ncursesw-dev

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 08, 2010, 12:38:22 pm »

Yes... I already have both libncursesw5 and libncurseswdev installed, but I keep getting the error.
Note: mine is a 64bit OS.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 08, 2010, 12:44:58 pm »

one workaround: remove the offending portion of the build.

I don't know the exact steps of doing that, however

dierre

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear not the Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 08, 2010, 01:16:24 pm »

I've removed link. Sorry folks. It's a trusted forum, one of their ads service had an advertise with a malware.

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 08, 2010, 01:23:04 pm »

the offending portion of the build
I don't really know what you mean, but here's what I've done:
I noticed I had installed 32bit version of that ncurses-dev lib. Uninstalled it, and intalled the 64bit version. Deleted the whole dfhack folder, unpacked the tarball again and tried to compile. It worked! =D

Thanks again Japa!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:26:21 pm by Granite »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 08, 2010, 01:47:00 pm »

pastebin is legit, but I think they expect everyone that goes there to use adblock heh.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 08, 2010, 02:11:35 pm »

Ok. I know the items module is being dumped and blah blah... but what about materials?

Code: [Select]
#14 0xcd621e8 item_barst [0,-1,8,-1] 8 40 0 0 1 CAT bar
#1648 0xdea4740 item_barst [0,-1,9,-1] 8 0 0 0 1 MULE bar

Why does it think ash and potash are now cats and mules? lol
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

dierre

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear not the Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2010, 04:08:42 pm »

Ok, I did some other empirical tries. The problem is not the kernel-pae. It works with the non-pae too. It's just that sometimes it can't catch the right address, sometime it can.

The current error is here:

Code: [Select]
pread failed: can't read 0x30 bytes at address 0xb3fd2258
errno: 16
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::MemoryAccessDenied'
  what():  SHM ACCESS DENIED
Aborted
dierre@cox:~/Programmi/stonesense$

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2010, 06:59:43 pm »

Hey Peter,

I was looking at your git commit history regarding reveal. I run into the same problem, making sure the game isn't actually doing anything regardless of the fact it is suspended.

The obvious was to check if it says "*PAUSED*" in the corner, but that doesn't work because as the frame is being redrawn there are moments it doesn't say that :P (and not every game menu says paused on it...)

The way that would work is to take advantage of the fact that every frame has an "id" that increments once per main game loop. It increments regardless of what menu you are in or the game state, so you could spin waiting on it to increment. It isn't a big deal for reveal I suppose, but for utilities that may be more aggressive it will be necessary to put the game in a known state quickly.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2010, 07:24:44 am »

Hey Peter,

I was looking at your git commit history regarding reveal. I run into the same problem, making sure the game isn't actually doing anything regardless of the fact it is suspended.

The obvious was to check if it says "*PAUSED*" in the corner, but that doesn't work because as the frame is being redrawn there are moments it doesn't say that :P (and not every game menu says paused on it...)

The way that would work is to take advantage of the fact that every frame has an "id" that increments once per main game loop. It increments regardless of what menu you are in or the game state, so you could spin waiting on it to increment. It isn't a big deal for reveal I suppose, but for utilities that may be more aggressive it will be necessary to put the game in a known state quickly.
Well. Or I could provide proper synchronization between DF and the client apps, even with the normal memory access :)

Ok, I did some other empirical tries. The problem is not the kernel-pae. It works with the non-pae too. It's just that sometimes it can't catch the right address, sometime it can.
Thanks for the info. I have a bit similar problem with the offset search tool, where it sometimes can't find anything and all the search methods return garbage. Seems awfully random.

Status update:
I got Mafia 2 and had to finish it first :)

dierre

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear not the Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2010, 06:44:04 pm »

Take your time. BTW DwarfTherapist uses this file for memory access: http://greatred-dwarftherapist.googlecode.com/hg/etc/memory_layouts/linux/v0.31.12.ini

maybe it's helpful.

quillbreaker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2010, 10:23:19 am »

I haven't worked with C / C++ in a while - would anyone like to suggest a compiler package for writing DFHack enabled applications?

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2010, 01:53:17 pm »

Qt creator.

It will just work, you won't have to do anything fancy.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2010, 01:36:12 pm »

With the advent of 31.13, the tools no longer work.

I am traumatised. They are so useful.

Any idea on when (And indeed, if) they're going to be updated to be compatible? I know it's a little early to be asking, but I REALLY like those tools, so sorry if I'm adding unneeded pressure.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 108