Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Pondering on duty.  (Read 12272 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pondering on duty.
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2010, 04:35:40 pm »

Jude: Control of gravity, without needing to depend on mass. Gravity well inside someones head? Dead. Pulling yourself around with gravity wells? Flight. Fields around you strong enough to stop (via de-acceleration) anything trying to reach you? Effective invincibility.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2010, 04:36:49 pm »

Wouldn't it be awesome though if you had a defense mechanism that stopped time if something likely to harm or kill you came within five feet of you?

You'd be effectively invincible.

Holy crap I am such a dork.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2010, 04:38:14 pm »

I can think of ways around it.

Giant comically sized cage? You can't wait forever.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2010, 04:39:48 pm »

Well hopefully you'd see that coming and stop time yourself befo - oh god why are we discussing this.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2010, 04:40:07 pm »

Slow time as it falls and run like hell. Or, with my power, make a gravity well strong enough to lift the cage ever so slightly, then use your own muscle to do the rest.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2010, 04:40:28 pm »

You know, this whole thing reminds me of the comic Unforgivible. I've never read it myself, but the plot synopsis says that an expy of Superman, The Plutonian, leaves the Earth for 10 miniutes to get away from the constant heroing and cries for help. In this time, an alien object he left with a scientist activates and kills all the children in a city. From this event, and other implied ones. he loses it and becomes a supervillain. The resulting destruction is worldwide.

And I would want control over all energy. My arch-enemy would be Matter-Man.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:41:59 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2010, 04:40:47 pm »

We are pondering.

It is in the title.

With my power, just believe everybody doesn't want to kill you. Awesome.

Also, its a very fast cage thats hidden from view.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2010, 04:41:33 pm »

Well hopefully you'd see that coming and stop time yourself befo - oh god why are we discussing this.

Jude and/or Strife will come back with something witty and/or relevant to the topic and we will get all pissed at them for interrupting super powers discussion.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2010, 04:42:17 pm »

Oh, wait, I had another one. The ability to increase and decrease the kinetic energy of any object.

So yeah, the big three, which would render you basically invincible and unstoppable.

But I'd totally just use them to give dramatic speeches from different corners of a room simultaneously. How awesome would a guitar solo be if you were appearing all over the stage?

ANYWAY.

HOW 'BOUT THEM THERE DOCTORS AND THEIR OBLIGATION TO DUTY, HMMMM? THAT BE RIGHT PHILOSOPHICAL SHIT AN NO MISTAKE.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2010, 04:43:38 pm »

This discussion reminds me of how people who decide one day that they feel like volunteering at a food bank are often turned away because there are already more than enough volunteers.

Also: I'd take telekinesis in a heartbeat, although flying would be a very, very close second. If I could bullshit my way into getting limited flight as part of the telekinesis bundle I'd do that.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2010, 04:44:54 pm »

Mind control.

One of the most simple, yet most powerful.

Pathos

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2010, 04:45:56 pm »

Telekinesis, if I was capable of shifting atoms.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2010, 04:49:35 pm »

Telekinesis, if I was capable of shifting atoms.

I've always wondered, how exactly would shifting atoms work? What would it do?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2010, 04:50:54 pm »

You would look at something very very closely, and move it.

For the street cred, yo.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2010, 04:53:15 pm »

I would want the power to control quantum probability. It's like all superpowers in one! Except maybe superspeed, since you couldn't accelerate your thought process with that power...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18