Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Xenonauts - Post cold war XCOM re-imagining - KICKSTARTER FUNDED!!  (Read 26644 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xenonauts - Post cold war XCOM re-imagining - KICKSTARTER FUNDED!!
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2012, 02:45:55 am »

Yeah... i tought i did include it was french, good thing you brought that up, thanks. I fixed my post to say its a french let's play.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

claes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xenonauts - Post cold war XCOM re-imagining - in early development
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2013, 07:44:34 am »

I like the style of game, but why is always about fighting alien invaders?

I have been playing XCOM:EU since I picked a copy up on sale and I must say one thing: it produces such an aura of xenophobia I am sure that, if we ever are attacked/contacted by an alien species we will react with violence.  Strange thing to put in a thread here, I know, but I wish that there were more games where we practiced diplomacy rather than responding with wanton aggression (imho).

Whatever happened to this game anyway?

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
Re: Xenonauts - Post cold war XCOM re-imagining - in early development
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2013, 08:10:16 am »

Whatever happened to this game anyway?

It's still being actively developed, hit a semi-decent release just recently at 17.9, approximately 0.1 away from the planned beta.

I've fired it up, and it's looking and feeling pretty good - big jumps from last time I had a look (6 months ago?)

Still holding off playing it in earnest personally - looking forward to having a decent run through the game, without spoilers or excessive bugs.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2013, 10:56:49 am »

Yeah, I've been holding off on playing any of the releases as well for that reason.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2013, 08:15:24 am »

So, v18 (with two hotfixes) is out, and here starts the beta, and playing it yesterday, besides missing text (which will get filled in eventually) and missing xenopedia pictures or entries (same), I only had one crash, and that was from trying to autooutfit a soldier with a setup that included Jackal armor when I had no Jackal armor left in storage.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2013, 04:38:52 pm »

The game is building up soo fast... i remember some stories in old versions hehehe, where you only have a very few map, air compbat was a hit and mis and ground combat was only a prototype hahaha.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2013, 06:45:59 pm »

The game is building up soo fast... i remember some stories in old versions hehehe, where you only have a very few map, air compbat was a hit and mis and ground combat was only a prototype hahaha.

Remember the Evil Alien Shed because they didnt have any artwork done for the ships yet?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2013, 06:47:29 pm »

One of the numerous WTF during alpha haha

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2013, 11:17:32 am »

Welp, it's on Steam now. Early access. If you bought it via Desura, you can get your steam key.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2013, 11:42:31 am »

How good is the steam version? Got my key and installed it, but haven't tried it out yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2013, 12:11:09 pm »

Still lots of bugs and unfinished content but they are making progress

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2013, 04:15:22 pm »

How good is the steam version? Got my key and installed it, but haven't tried it out yet.
Well, I was able to download the whole 4ish gb relatively quickly, which is more than I can say for desura. Seems fairly stable though. I wouldn't call it actually stable but its beta quality certainly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2013, 06:51:58 pm »

So! Y'all been playing this? I played an non-ironman, veteran campaign. Had a total party wipe when I had a few captains, needless to say I limped on afterward after debating whether to save-scum.

Managed to take down an alien base, but since most of my guys only had 50 health and 50 TUs, I didn't get much further.

DID manage to take down a cruiser with 3 of the base fighter craft! (Couldn't get much alenium to build the corsairs) And I took out a crashed landing ship with jackal armor and laser rifles (I think this was the total party kill that set me back so far. Got a lot to research out of it, but I don't think it was worth the setback :P)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2013, 06:58:21 pm »

I know it's still beta, but is basically finished now? As in, you could play through the entire game?

I've been holding off on playing it since I didn't want to do a partial game.
Come play Mafia with us!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2013, 07:00:37 pm »

The final mission isn't in, but the rest seems to be all there. Buggy as fuck (beta is beta), but most things work and it's just tweaking and bugfixing as far as I can tell.

I've been playing on the hard difficulties just so I don't spoil myself, really. Hard to spoil the ending of a game if you never get there! :D Plus, winning at impossible odds just feels -good-.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11