Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The B12 World Cup thread  (Read 2650 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The B12 World Cup thread
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 03:43:42 am »

Brasil 2 : 1 North Korea  :o
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 06:53:12 am »

I tried watching some of this "football". Pass pass pass pass bad kick out of bounds. Pass pass pass pass pass pass bad kick, out of bounds. Pass pass pass...

No thanks.
That kind of boring like description could describe plenty of sports.  Is there ANY sport you enjoy watching?  What about playing?
Brasil 2 : 1 North Korea  :o
A win is a win.  You don't need to shine.  Specially not in the first match.  Also, NK's goal was in the 89th minute. 
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 08:55:41 am »

I tried watching some of this "football". Pass pass pass pass bad kick out of bounds. Pass pass pass pass pass pass bad kick, out of bounds. Pass pass pass...
That kind of boring like description could describe plenty of sports.  Is there ANY sport you enjoy watching?  What about playing?
I feel the same way about watching soccer as Nikov. I enjoy sports wherein every player gets to try their hardest for the entire time, instead of only half the field moving at once. Notable examples include Cross-Country, Track, and Table Tennis.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 09:08:39 am »

I think the Brazilian selection let them score that last goal because they heard that if the NK team doesnt score at least one goal by match, they get sent to a reeducation camp.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 09:20:52 am »

I think the Brazilian selection let them score that last goal because they heard that if the NK team doesn't score at least one goal by match, they get sent to a reeducation camp.
Reeducate them to know what? How to play soccer better?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 09:29:56 am »

I feel the same way about watching soccer as Nikov. I enjoy sports wherein every player gets to try their hardest for the entire time, instead of only half the field moving at once. Notable examples include Cross-Country, Track, and Table Tennis.
You must really hate American football, since they spend more time taking breaks than they do actually playing.

Anyway, I heard that NK team is still going to get summarily executed for conceding any goals.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 09:34:26 am »

Anyway, I heard that NK team is still going to get summarily executed for conceding any goals.
D'oh!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010, 11:54:23 am »

You must really hate American football, since they spend more time taking breaks than they do actually playing.
Yup! I can't understand why people would watch it. Most of it is just the team talking to each other. Baseball is like that too.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 02:11:59 pm »

Yup! I can't understand why people would watch it. Most of it is just the team talking to each other. Baseball is like that too.
Because it's an amazing combination of Tactics, Teamplay and Individual skills?  Because it has a lot of variety and it's an interesting physical display?

You're pretty narrow minded if you can't understand why people watch that kind of sports.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 03:18:17 pm »

I've heard that if you get accused of a crime against the DPK or Kim-Jong-Il (Such as not winning the World Cup) then you, two generations of your family, and all of your friends are sent to the reducation camps to do hard labor. Don't quote me on that though, as I forget where I heard it, and thus might have gotten it from a bad source.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2010, 03:26:02 pm »

I doubt very much that there is such a thing as a good source for North Korea, given their rampart paranoia glorious state policies concerning internal security.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:08 am »

Because it's an amazing combination of Tactics, Teamplay and Individual skills?  Because it has a lot of variety and it's an interesting physical display?

You're pretty narrow minded if you can't understand why people watch that kind of sports.
I can understand why people would play it. I can't understand why people who watch do so.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2010, 02:33:24 am »

The camera closed in on a North Korean striker crying when he missed the goal. I don't know how true the rumors are about them getting tortured and stuff. Also, Kim-Jong Il was pretty annoyed by someone referring to the team as "North Korea" before the match.. he insisted that there was only one Korea, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea :P

As for why people watch soccer... well, it's a great, fun game. You wouldn't have well.. half the world watching it if it wasn't. It's an extremely technical sport, with a huge variety of tactics. Spain and Germany have been playing some great tactical football, while Brazil and Argentina play with a more technical focus. It's highly unpredictable and even some good passing is fun to watch.

And with something that's highly technical, i.e. difficult to play right, it's very fun to watch. Learning to play it is difficult, but you'd have to respect someone who can play it nicely. Long range passes are as difficult and impressive as 3-point shots in basketball. Getting shots in the goal against a good defense is usually a very, very difficult task, and no other sports compare with the technical finesse you need to do it. They don't call it the "beautiful game" for nothing.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2010, 07:07:17 am »

:O a football thread

It is a good highly technical game to watch but you have to appreciate the subtletes and build up aswell as the exciting stuff which is why it tends to go over the heads of alot of people, which is fair enough even though most don't give it a chance or just say "Well they like dive and shit" (FYI fans and alot of amatuer players of the sport don't like the diving either!).

And while alot of the stuff about NK is just speculation I am almost positive that Kim Jong-Il banned matches being shown if the national team loses. Which is unfortunate for any North Korean fans of the team  ::)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2010, 08:48:13 am »

Argentina 4 ROK 1.

Good match.  I'm happy for Higuain who pulled a hattrick.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:01:01 pm by Alexhans »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4