Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128289 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2010, 08:29:09 pm »

Large Image
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I got greedy in a grocery store, they had so much damn food. I was going to have the other girl in the store join my party, walk outside, then kick her out of my party and keep all the food for myself, but as soon as we left the sore, a zombie master with his mob appeared. I could have easily ran away, but I wanted that food, so I stayed, and killed all but two, the master, and the girl I tried to kick out of the store, she was mobbed, killed, and zombifided.

I didn't use my medkits because I didn't want to waste it,, then they got a lucky shot on me and I died.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2010, 09:02:47 pm »

God damn I wish I could play this...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2010, 09:04:09 pm »

Yeah, the game won't gen for me.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2010, 10:03:14 pm »

Works for me, but I have no numpad. Suggested controls?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2010, 10:16:46 pm »

Idea for you!
Press Shift+K
Rebind N, E, S, W, keys to go in the respective arrow key directions. Ie. arrow up, arrow down, etc. And maybe NE/NW/SE/SW as q/e/z/c

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2010, 10:19:52 pm »

QWE
ASD   = Numpad replacement
ZXC

RTY
FGH = Everything else replacement
VBN

I do that in some games.

Edit: If you notice, that's System Shock's setting somewhat. >.>

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2010, 10:36:33 pm »

QWE
ASD   = Numpad replacement
ZXC

RTY
FGH = Everything else replacement
VBN

I do that in some games.

Edit: If you notice, that's System Shock's setting somewhat. >.>
System Shock is the best series ever.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2010, 05:33:51 am »

Just a reminder for people.
0.5 speed zombies act once for your every two turns. So get them next to you by walking. Hit them. Move in opposite direction. They will follow you. Hit them again. Rinse and repeat.
0.66 speed zombies moves twice for three of your turns. So if they move twice and are then next to you. You could hit them and then move two steps in another direction. They should have followed you. You could hit them again then.

On a related note. If you move diagonal while doing this near something they could smash. (Barricades, shop shelves, etc) They will sometimes hit them instead. So plan accordingly.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2010, 11:20:39 am »

I've got a barricaded safehouse set up with one companion and nowhere near enough food.  I'd like to see an option to make companions drop items.  Perhaps some kind of trust stat that determines whether or not they do things like that.

Also, a hint, if you haven't figured this out yet.  Put one barricade on every window, so zombies can't see you moving around.  You can add more once you're better established, but don't go crazy.  You might have to break out a window, and you're setting up a safehouse, not a tomb.
Shoes...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2010, 11:52:01 am »

I like to keep one of my doors barricaded with objects instead of planks, so it's easier to get outside without screwing your stuff.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2010, 12:04:08 pm »

I always break doors then place shop shelves in their place because I only barricade stores, 1 exit, one thing to worry about.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2010, 12:07:05 pm »

When I run it, I just get a massive red X and then a fatal exception. I was told it was because i'm on Vista...

Halp?
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2010, 12:14:30 pm »

When I run it, I just get a massive red X and then a fatal exception. I was told it was because i'm on Vista...

Halp?
Not to be a dick, but get XP or win7?
Oh and try running application manifest to install.
If you did that,
Run it in safe mode?
compatibility mode?
uhm
try installing the newest .NET version for vista?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2010, 12:16:29 pm »

Few things
(1) Make sure you're running it as an administrator
(2) Uninstall, then reinstall it.
(3) The error you're seeing happens to me quite a bit, ya wanna know what it's called? You probably know, but it's a memory leak! Oh the fun! Beyond steps 1 & 2, I can't really halp ya. Sorry <Insert sadface here>

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2010, 12:18:51 pm »

Stores are cool but if the magma hits the fan, things get bad quickly because there's only one exit.

I had a serious situation recently on my current life.  I holed up in a pharmacy that had been mostly cleaned out by four or five survivors.  We camped out for a while, I traded what I could for some medkits and pills, and then noticed there was a zombie in the back of the store.  It got someone, they both started roaming the shelves for more victims.  I headed toward the front hoping they would stay back there, only to find a zombie master and his entourage moving in the entrance.  I headed down to the southern part of the store (Entrance was in the east, it was rectangle, long sides horizontal) and started running as the other survivors got massacred.  I ran to the back of the store, shooting one of my former companions with a hunting rifle, and made my way north, pushing shelves to the side so they couldn't get me.  Even so, they came up at me as I headed for the exit and I barely made it out.

Now I'm in a sporting goods store, and there's a general store just across the street that hasn't been touched.  I have one person in the store with me, and I'll ally her once I get leadership.  Things are looking up, which means it's going to get horrible soon.

Also, what do you use spraycans for?  When I find them I usually use them to mark my base, any other uses people hav efound?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:20:53 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 66