Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Awesome Hero Game!  (Read 7541 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Hero Game!
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2010, 12:45:56 pm »

Obtain warehouse, if possible. Make this our secret lair. Make sure to put "Secreet Layer" in big neon letters outside the door, just in case we forget.
You search through the listings in the paper for warehouses for sale. Here are the options:
 - Small warehouse - cheap price
 - Medium warehouse - less cheap price
 - Massive warehouse - pretty damn expensive.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2010, 01:00:55 pm »

Let's start small, we can move up after we get a job as city superhero, and start earning some tourist dollars.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2010, 03:23:27 pm »

Let's start small, we can move up after we get a job as city superhero, and start earning some tourist dollars.
You buy the small warehouse. Upon arriving there you find that it is very, very small. 5'x6'.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2010, 03:28:48 pm »

Turn the warehouse into a giant computer with a small place inside to hide in.
Or what Dragnar said.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:32:59 pm by PenguinOverlord »
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2010, 03:30:10 pm »

Find a criminal of any magnitude and do our best impression of a Penance Stare.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2010, 04:14:21 pm »

Study how exactly our telepathy works using your smarts. Could we make a computer interface using it?
You sit down in the university library and think long and hard. After a few hours of thinking you finally coome to the conclusion that you would need to implement a brain into the copmuter to interact with it telepathically.

*facepalm*

That we needs to make something more brain-like is OBVIOUS, but in WHAT WAYS does it need to be brain like? Electrically, structurally, chemically, computationally? Depending on these the process of making one is very different.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2010, 04:32:45 pm »

Its not brain science... Wait a second  >:( In any case I dont think we could really make a brain- we could but it would be different
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2010, 04:37:32 pm »

It makes no sense it'd have to mimic EVERY aspect of the brain, and even then we could stick electrodes in an insect brain or something. Most likely, however, we only need to make a neuron-shaped antenna and some special drivers.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2010, 05:24:21 pm »

I would assume the mimic would have to be chemical. Supernatural or not, that's the only way our powers could produce any sort of input the computer would detect... I think. building something like this would probably require a better understanding of HOW our telepathy effects people.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2010, 06:00:19 pm »

It makes no sense it'd have to mimic EVERY aspect of the brain, and even then we could stick electrodes in an insect brain or something. Most likely, however, we only need to make a neuron-shaped antenna and some special drivers.
Besides, I don't belive insects have brains. At least, not the way we have them. They have bundles of nerve cells, I belive.

>Find a Evil-Doer.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2010, 06:34:17 pm »

Besides, I don't belive insects have brains. At least, not the way we have them. They have bundles of nerve cells, I belive.
True. Insects have some areas with a lot of nerves, that act in ways similar to how reflexes are handeled in our spine They don't have anything resembling a brain stem or real brains though.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2010, 05:43:13 am »

Brains ARE just bundles of nerve cells...

And something like telepathy most likely works electromagnetically, so an ordinary antenna of the right shape with the right software really should work. If it's chemically, you'd have to use a more specialized chip with the correct chemicals and electrodes in them. EITHER WAY it shuldnt be vary hard at all, even for a person of normal intelligence.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2010, 07:24:08 am »

Turn the warehouse into a giant computer with a small place inside to hide in.
Or what Dragnar said.
You spend long hours and thousands of pounds turning the warehouse into a massive computer with one small room inside. Upon doing this you realise that there is no power source. DOH!

Find a criminal of any magnitude and do our best impression of a Penance Stare.
Sadly, you never watched Night Rider as a child so you don't know how to do this.

Study how exactly our telepathy works using your smarts. Could we make a computer interface using it?
You sit down in the university library and think long and hard. After a few hours of thinking you finally coome to the conclusion that you would need to implement a brain into the copmuter to interact with it telepathically.

*facepalm*

That we needs to make something more brain-like is OBVIOUS, but in WHAT WAYS does it need to be brain like? Electrically, structurally, chemically, computationally? Depending on these the process of making one is very different.
You are not exactly sure how your telepathy works, but if you could place a brain inside the computer you could interact with it telepathically.

>Find a Evil-Doer.
You search around the streets, before finding a building that says, "Mad Scientist's Lair".
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2010, 07:34:21 am »

go in say yello ask what he is  doing and say that were the new guy with super powers but that we are not sure if were a villain or a hero
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2010, 07:59:08 am »

go in say yello ask what he is  doing and say that were the new guy with super powers but that we are not sure if were a villain or a hero
This

Also, how can we not know how our telephaty works? Given our intelligence it should be really obvious...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7