Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do injuries ALWAYS heal?  (Read 1682 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do injuries ALWAYS heal?
« on: May 17, 2010, 04:43:40 pm »

What injuries dont always fully heal?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do injuries ALWAYS heal?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 04:58:27 pm »

arteries dont heal.
tendons do heal but take ages to heal.
nerves dont heal.
nails dont heal.(easy to mod)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:33:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure knocked out teeth don't come back. Because that would be kind of odd.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:18:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure knocked out teeth don't come back. Because that would be kind of odd.
Land shark

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 01:32:33 am »

Land shark
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 01:37:11 am »

arteries dont heal.
tendons do heal but take ages to heal.
nerves dont heal.
nails dont heal.(easy to mod)

And unless it's been fixed in the most recent release, superficial face wounds from arrows will kill you.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 02:45:36 pm »

Injuries can become infected as well, which leads to dropping dead randomly at some point in the future.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 03:16:59 pm »

Injuries can become infected as well, which leads to dropping dead randomly at some point in the future.

Is there a way to help prevent adventurers from gaining infections?

Also will it ALWAYS kill?

IS death instant, or does it slowly progress.

and is t her a way to survive it?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 04:27:13 pm »

1. Don't get hit, wear armor and pray to armok that you have an adventurer with good disease resistance, it helps a little on the dice roll that is your ultimate death sentence.

2.Yes, it's more of a time thing, so if you sleep you're likely to die from infection more quickly.

3. It takes forever. You acquire the infection shortly after the wound and can walk around ingame for months with no averse effects  then suddenly BAM! Adventurer McAdventure has succumbed to infection

4.Nope, not as of yet, you figure there'd be a way to pour hard booze on it as a disinfectant or wrap it up in cloth, bu nope. you're dead buddy, If you really hate infections just mod them out by seeking and destroying the [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS] tag on the player races, universal disinfectant.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 04:34:37 pm »

1. Don't get hit, wear armor and pray to armok that you have an adventurer with good disease resistance, it helps a little on the dice roll that is your ultimate death sentence.

2.Yes, it's more of a time thing, so if you sleep you're likely to die from infection more quickly.

3. It takes forever. You acquire the infection shortly after the wound and can walk around ingame for months with no averse effects  then suddenly BAM! Adventurer McAdventure has succumbed to infection

4.Nope, not as of yet, you figure there'd be a way to pour hard booze on it as a disinfectant or wrap it up in cloth, bu nope. you're dead buddy, If you really hate infections just mod them out by seeking and destroying the [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS] tag on the player races, universal disinfectant.

Really?

I was expecting the infection to slowly get worse,

as in begin oozing more and more pus, and spreading around the body and having him rot away or somthing.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 04:37:13 pm »

Also you can actually treat them by traumatic amputation.